PDA

View Full Version : WinXP Blue Screen of Death: A memory problem

MIRSE
July 3rd 03, 01:58 PM
For your information: We recently installed WinXP on our new 80 gig Western
Digital HD for our Compaq Presario 5245 that we bought new a few years ago:
AMD-K6-2, 400 MHz, originally 96 memory, now 256 memory.

We started having all types of problems with WindowsXP BSOD stop error
messages.

We traced the stop error problem to a memory problem. We took out all 3
sticks of memory, reseated them, and now we have no more stop error problems.

Maybe the information above can help someone else who is having trouble
with WinXP stop errors.