PDA

View Full Version : Re: Password demand to log on..

Dan Sgambelluri
July 3rd 03, 02:14 AM
what OS?

did you just upgrade to broadband?

"John" > wrote in message
> My Compaq Presario is demanding a password to log on
> eventhough I never set a log -on password.
> What can I do?I upgraded from Me a few months ago.I am the only user so
I'm
> locked out.

larry
July 3rd 03, 09:38 AM
Morning,
No its a dial up and I upgraded to XP PRo a few months ago.I have tried a
fix in the microsoft
knowledge base but unfortunately it does not work.

Dan Sgambelluri
July 3rd 03, 08:00 PM
do you do all your windows update?

is there 2 login users or just 1?

"larry" > wrote in message
> Morning,
> No its a dial up and I upgraded to XP PRo a few months ago.I have tried a
> fix in the microsoft
> knowledge base but unfortunately it does not work.

johnnyx
July 5th 03, 10:55 PM
The log on pass word did not just walk in there by itself, somebody set it.
It even asks a few times to confirm, and there is a warning. Who owns this
computer? Is it stolen? Just reinstall the operating system. Still have
your Quick Restore CDs?

"John" > wrote in message
> My Compaq Presario is demanding a password to log on
> eventhough I never set a log -on password.
> What can I do?I upgraded from Me a few months ago.I am the only user so
I'm
> locked out.

SFR
July 6th 03, 11:09 AM
"John" > a écrit dans le message news:
> My Compaq Presario is demanding a password to log on
> eventhough I never set a log -on password.
> What can I do?I upgraded from Me a few months ago.I am the only user so
I'm
> locked out.

Hi !

Maybe this is worth a look :
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

Good Luck !

Regards,

Serge

---

John
July 6th 03, 02:04 PM
I carried out a clean install but I'M mad about what I lost.