PDA

View Full Version : Win ME/98 XP use same ethernet NIC driver ?

Rob Fruth
July 2nd 03, 02:17 AM
Am using a Compaq Presario 7PL290 (mini tower) with Win ME no problem but am going (have not yet) to do the Windows XP Pro upgrade, the upgrade advisor says my plane ole 10/100 base T NIC might need additional files (see below) but I didn't see XP driver(s) on compaq.com only ME/98 drivers, my xdsl uses this NIC, do ethernet NICs need different files for ME & XP ? Other things to look out for ? Thanks for any and all.

--
Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx
http://web2.airmail.net/rfruth

1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o
1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)
2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)

"Hardware That Might Need Additional Files
The following hardware might need additional files in order to work with Windows XP. Contact your hardware vendors to obtain Windows XP compatible updates. In many cases, if a Windows XP version is not yet available, a Windows 2000 compatible update should work. It is recommended that you obtain these drivers in advance.
You can also view the Microsoft Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List on the Web.

Please note that some of the following entries might be software that is registered as hardware.

Network adapters
Efficient Networks P.P.P.o.E. Adapter (NTSP3)

---

---

doS
July 2nd 03, 02:40 AM
PPP adaptor is not your NIC...

"Rob Fruth" > wrote in message ...
[...]

July 2nd 03, 03:13 AM
PPPoE (point 2 point over Ethernet) *is* my NIC you have helped so many b4 me me doS, help me !

"doS" > wrote in message ...
PPP adaptor is not your NIC...