PDA

View Full Version : Re: Where do I find Compaq serial number?

Sammy Finkelman
July 1st 03, 07:36 PM
"SAMMY FINKELMAN" > wrote in message

SF> I logged on to the Compaq web site and wanted to ask a question, but
SF> they want to know the serial number of this computer. Where do you find
SF> the serial number? I don't know the serial number of this computer. It
SF> is a Compaq Presario 2240, bought around June 1998 by the original
SF> owner. (who was a friend)

"Mike Calkins" > wrote

MC> It's usually located on the right-hand side of the case, and on the back of
MC> the computer. Look for the barcode.

I don't think there's any bar code anywhere.

MC> It is also viewable in CMOS.

MC> Make that in Setup, unless CMOS has been previously cleared.

I don't know what to do to look at that, whether it is CMOS or SETUP.

johnnyx
July 5th 03, 10:36 PM
Press F10 once a second at the compaq splash screen. You will then be in
the bios menu. Look at all the sub-menus and somewhere in there you will
find the serial #. It is 12 digit alphanumeric.

om...