PDA

View Full Version : Re: Question about using Quick Restore discs

Miss Jo Anne CD
June 30th 03, 11:20 PM
I`ve used the Quick Restore disks on just about every Compaq I`ve ever
owned..You should have no problem..But at one point it will ask you for the
product code that came with your computer..If you don`t have that you will be
lost

DEJ57
July 1st 03, 12:50 AM
>But at one point it will ask you for the
>product code that came with your computer..If you don`t have that you will be
>lost

It would be located on the front cover of the Windows manual/documentation
booklet that came with your PC....

doS
July 1st 03, 03:55 AM
Not the 5000 series from 1999...

"Miss Jo Anne CD" > wrote in message
> I`ve used the Quick Restore disks on just about every Compaq I`ve ever
> owned..You should have no problem..But at one point it will ask you for
the
> product code that came with your computer..If you don`t have that you will
be
> lost

bglenn
July 2nd 03, 02:07 AM
Thanks, everyone. The disks worked like a charm and the computer is
running like a new one.

I wasn't asked for the Windows/product code, even though I was ready
with it.

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 22:55:25 -0400, "doS" >
wrote:

>Not the 5000 series from 1999...
>
>"Miss Jo Anne CD" > wrote in message
>> I`ve used the Quick Restore disks on just about every Compaq I`ve ever
>> owned..You should have no problem..But at one point it will ask you for
>the
>> product code that came with your computer..If you don`t have that you will
>be
>> lost

Mike Calkins
July 2nd 03, 05:43 PM
On my 1999 5000 series, they thoughtfully glued it inside the CD door on the
front of the chassis. Windows Me.....

Mike in Houston