PDA

View Full Version : Presario 5690 Power on issue

ArtGle
June 30th 03, 11:13 PM
I wiped the hard drive due to corruption, and did fdisk.
At restart, the system shut off and now I can't get it to power back on.
I even tried clearing the cmos to no avail.
The system gets no power at all.

The power cord is o.k., I've got another machine working at the location,
and everything is fine. It's not one of the external components.

????????

johnnyx
July 5th 03, 10:33 PM
If you have already cleared the CMOS, then the next logical step is to
replace the power supply. I would just get a multimeter to see if the power
supply is giving the 5 volts to the systemboard. If the power supply is
good, then the systemboard is defective and needs to be replaced.

news:[email protected]