PDA

View Full Version : Re: Mainboard

donut
June 25th 03, 08:10 PM
"Frank" > wrote in
. com:

> Has anyone been successful installing a standard MicroATX board???
> Presario 5000 5WV model. The UWAVE board is a FIC AZ13 with
> the only apparent change is to the BIOS chip.
> Compaq/HP wants $179 for a replacement and I can pick up quite a few
> micro ATX boards for under $50.

It would work just fine, of course, but the problem is the location of
peripheral jacks on that MB as compared to the Compaq one. The Compaq is
non standard, and the holes in the case probably won't match.

Rick
June 25th 03, 08:21 PM
"donut" > wrote in message ...
> "Frank" > wrote in
> . com:
>

> > Has anyone been successful installing a standard MicroATX board???
> > Presario 5000 5WV model. The UWAVE board is a FIC AZ13 with
> > the only apparent change is to the BIOS chip.
> > Compaq/HP wants $179 for a replacement and I can pick up quite a few
> > micro ATX boards for under $50.
> >

> It would work just fine, of course, but the problem is the location of
> peripheral jacks on that MB as compared to the Compaq one. The Compaq is
> non standard, and the holes in the case probably won't match.

I've got a 5000 5BW and discovered the Asus TUSL2-M looks
like an exact fit. Unfortunately I've not been able to locate one...

RickW

Frank
June 26th 03, 06:19 AM
Rick wrote:
| "donut" > wrote in message
|| "Frank" > wrote in
|| . com:

||| Has anyone been successful installing a standard MicroATX
||| board???
||| Presario 5000 5WV model. The UWAVE board is a FIC AZ13 with
||| the only apparent change is to the BIOS chip.
||| Compaq/HP wants $179 for a replacement and I can pick up quite
||| a few
||| micro ATX boards for under $50.

|| It would work just fine, of course, but the problem is the
|| location of
|| peripheral jacks on that MB as compared to the Compaq one. The
|| Compaq is
|| non standard, and the holes in the case probably won't match.

| I've got a 5000 5BW and discovered the Asus TUSL2-M looks
| like an exact fit. Unfortunately I've not been able to locate
| one...
| RickW

The periphial jacks should not be a problem. That plate just pops
out of the case and most MB's come with one for their setup. The
problem would be the pin out for the on off switch etc.
For your (it looks like a slot 1 P3) any micro ATX should work.

--
Tampa Bay

Brian
June 26th 03, 02:23 PM
> > "Frank" > wrote in
> > . com:
> >

> > > Has anyone been successful installing a standard MicroATX board???
> > > Presario 5000 5WV model. The UWAVE board is a FIC AZ13 with
> > > the only apparent change is to the BIOS chip.
> > > Compaq/HP wants $179 for a replacement and I can pick up quite a few
> > > micro ATX boards for under $50.

Installed a non-Compaq board in a 5006US. Everything matched up fine
except for pins on LED/switch connector and the USB connector on the
board that feeds the USB ports on the front of the machine are pinned
differently. Otherwise it fits fine. Don't know if that helps,....

Brian