PDA

View Full Version : Compaq delete

Ed & Fran
June 25th 03, 10:21 AM
When I attempt to delete cookies...they temporarily leave and then
automatically re-appear. My hard drive is packed with duplicates and
triplicates.

Anyone know the answer? Or, have a telephone # for compaq 'support'?

ps...I'm using Compac ME ...thanx in advance for any help I might
receive. Direct email is fine, .

axemen99
June 25th 03, 01:12 PM
It is IE and Netscape browsers related.

I use the adsubtract pro
http://www.adsubtract.com/

It would clean up about 20mb to 250 mb of temp spaces and various cookies
for me.

With the latest HP Presario PCs, they are going to have a similar third
party software pre-installed.

Cheers.

Ed & Fran wrote:

> When I attempt to delete cookies...they temporarily leave and then
> automatically re-appear. My hard drive is packed with duplicates and
> triplicates.
>
> Anyone know the answer? Or, have a telephone # for compaq 'support'?
>
> ps...I'm using Compac ME ...thanx in advance for any help I might
> receive. Direct email is fine, .

Ugly
July 8th 03, 04:56 AM
On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 05:21:30 -0400 (EDT), Ed & Fran babbled on about Compaq delete
proclaiming:

>When I attempt to delete cookies...they temporarily leave and then
>automatically re-appear. My hard drive is packed with duplicates and
>triplicates.
>
>Anyone know the answer? Or, have a telephone # for compaq 'support'?

Get a new computer.

My ****ario died on June 20. Best thing it's ever done, really. Got an old computer from
a relative, still the same type of 200MMX Pentium my Compaq was but it operates better. I
was able to fit my old custom stuff into it - Zip drive, CD-RW, the Compaq floppy drive
for a "B:" drive. The RAM chips were useless but the screws came in handy. A half decent
video card made my Presario 1425 monitor work better on it than it did on an actual
Compaq. Finding a place to jam the 5" hard drive was a problem, but not impossible (the
machine had no hard drive - nobody knows who took it). And now I seem to be back in
business.

DON'T BUY COMPAQ!