PDA

View Full Version : Re: would you buy a Compaq again?

Irene
June 23rd 03, 08:23 AM
And the thought police rear their ugly heads, yet again!

"HH" > wrote in message
> 7100s were not even designed by Compaq. They were Mitec boxes from start
> finish and were real turkeys. Also, half your post makes no sense. Go
away.
> HH
>

> "Developwebsites" > wrote in message
> > I've had too many problems with my presario 7170 to bother
> > with a compaq again. the printer wouldnt install also.
> > their support was horrible.
> > at one time compaqs had internal ls-120, then zips if i remember.
> > dont compaqs use AMD CPUs instead of Intel?

> > remove *batSPAM* to e-mail me

Irene
June 23rd 03, 08:26 AM
NO, had two 8700 series Presarios---both were turkeys--just plain junk. We
had nothing but problems with them.
Also have one Armada laptop--it's been OK.

"Developwebsites" > wrote in message
> I've had too many problems with my presario 7170 to bother
> with a compaq again. the printer wouldnt install also.
> their support was horrible.
> at one time compaqs had internal ls-120, then zips if i remember.
> dont compaqs use AMD CPUs instead of Intel?

> remove *batSPAM* to e-mail me

Deep
June 23rd 03, 01:10 PM
Look who's talking! The ugliest of all the heads put together! If HH is part
of the "police", then you are the police's police. Think you're any better?

Deep

"Irene" > wrote in message
> And the thought police rear their ugly heads, yet again!
>

> "HH" > wrote in message
> > 7100s were not even designed by Compaq. They were Mitec boxes from start
> > finish and were real turkeys. Also, half your post makes no sense. Go
> away.
> > HH
> >

> > "Developwebsites" > wrote in message
> > > I've had too many problems with my presario 7170 to bother
> > > with a compaq again. the printer wouldnt install also.
> > > their support was horrible.
> > > at one time compaqs had internal ls-120, then zips if i remember.
> > > dont compaqs use AMD CPUs instead of Intel?

> > > remove *batSPAM* to e-mail me

Irene
June 23rd 03, 03:53 PM
Need more examples of your behavior, do you?

"doS" > wrote in message
> "who let the dogs out"
>
> "Irene" > wrote in message
> > And the thought police rear their ugly heads, yet again!
> >

> > "HH" > wrote in message
> > > 7100s were not even designed by Compaq. They were Mitec boxes from
start
> > > finish and were real turkeys. Also, half your post makes no sense. Go
> > away.
> > > HH

Tom Scales
June 23rd 03, 07:32 PM
Good grief. We have the benefit of an ex-Compaq tech in HH and Irene is
hassling him? The post DIDN'T make any sense.

Tom
"Deep" > wrote in message
. rogers.com...
> Look who's talking! The ugliest of all the heads put together! If HH is
part
> of the "police", then you are the police's police. Think you're any
better?

> Deep
>
> "Irene" > wrote in message
> > And the thought police rear their ugly heads, yet again!
> >

> > "HH" > wrote in message
> > > 7100s were not even designed by Compaq. They were Mitec boxes from
start
> > > finish and were real turkeys. Also, half your post makes no sense. Go
> > away.
> > > HH

Solar^
June 23rd 03, 08:13 PM
I've got a Compaq 5WV295 that is almost two years old. It's been a
good computer and has yet to give me any problems. I'm wondering
though if Compaq sort of lost their unique identity when they merged
with HP. For that reason I may not buy another.

Irene
June 23rd 03, 08:39 PM
My comment was very obviously directed at one part of his post and you know
it.

"Go away.
HH"

The guy has as much right to be here as HH, or you!

"Tom Scales" > wrote in message
> Good grief. We have the benefit of an ex-Compaq tech in HH and Irene is
> hassling him? The post DIDN'T make any sense.
>
> Tom
> "Deep" > wrote in message
> . rogers.com...
> > Look who's talking! The ugliest of all the heads put together! If HH is
> part
> > of the "police", then you are the police's police. Think you're any
> better?
> >
> > Deep
> >
> > "Irene" > wrote in message
> > > And the thought police rear their ugly heads, yet again!

> start
Go
> > > away.

Deep
June 23rd 03, 11:30 PM
Here we go again...

Ohhh.. you don't curse... Yes you're absolutely correct. You'll be going to
heaven if you believe in that garbage. So glad for you. Now leave those who
actually know something about computers alone.

Deep

"Irene" > wrote in message
> >Think you're any better?
>

> Yes, I don't curse. I don't ridicule some one who asks an obviously
simple
> or incorrect question. Nor do I ridicule someone who make an invalid
> comment.
>

> "Deep" > wrote in message
> . rogers.com...
> > Look who's talking! The ugliest of all the heads put together! If HH is
> part
> > of the "police", then you are the police's police. Think you're any
> better?
> >
> > Deep
> >
> > "Irene" > wrote in message
> > > And the thought police rear their ugly heads, yet again!

> start
Go
> > > away.

Deep
June 23rd 03, 11:31 PM
And by the way, you didn't answer the question. You took the question out of
the message and made up your own context. Ther question was if you thought
you were better because you "policed" the "police". You do do that, whether
you want to admit it or not.

Deep

"Irene" > wrote in message
> >Think you're any better?
>

> Yes, I don't curse. I don't ridicule some one who asks an obviously
simple
> or incorrect question. Nor do I ridicule someone who make an invalid
> comment.
>

> "Deep" > wrote in message
> . rogers.com...
> > Look who's talking! The ugliest of all the heads put together! If HH is
> part
> > of the "police", then you are the police's police. Think you're any
> better?
> >
> > Deep
> >
> > "Irene" > wrote in message
> > > And the thought police rear their ugly heads, yet again!

> start
Go
> > > away.

Deep
June 23rd 03, 11:33 PM
Yes they most certainly did. Check out News.com. There are several articles
about the merger and the loss of identity.

Deep

"Solar^" > wrote in message
> I've got a Compaq 5WV295 that is almost two years old. It's been a
> good computer and has yet to give me any problems. I'm wondering
> though if Compaq sort of lost their unique identity when they merged
> with HP. For that reason I may not buy another.

doS
June 24th 03, 02:45 AM
No, I have plenty, thanks.

"Irene" > wrote in message
> Need more examples of your behavior, do you?
>

> "doS" > wrote in message
> > "who let the dogs out"
> >
> > "Irene" > wrote in message
> > > And the thought police rear their ugly heads, yet again!

> start
Go
> > > away.

Irene
June 24th 03, 08:09 PM
I guess because you think you know more about computers than others who
frequent this group, you have a right to behave any way you choose and use
any language you choose.

That say a lot more about you than it says about those you ridicule, name
call, and curse.
\

"Deep" > wrote in message
. rogers.com...
> Here we go again...
>
> Ohhh.. you don't curse... Yes you're absolutely correct. You'll be going
> heaven if you believe in that garbage. So glad for you. Now leave those
who
> actually know something about computers alone.
>
> Deep
>
> "Irene" > wrote in message
> > >Think you're any better?
> >

> > Yes, I don't curse. I don't ridicule some one who asks an obviously
> simple
> > or incorrect question. Nor do I ridicule someone who make an invalid
> > comment.
> >

> > "Deep" > wrote in message
> > . rogers.com...
> > > Look who's talking! The ugliest of all the heads put together! If HH
is
> > part
> > > of the "police", then you are the police's police. Think you're any
> > better?
> > >
> > > Deep

> > start
> Go

message

Irene
June 24th 03, 08:13 PM
I take it, that means you need to see more, so here goes:

"You're right, asshole.

And you call the pc stupid...

You dumb ****wit...

Yes, I admit you're an asshole, learn to read, dickwad..

Idiot.

Weenie~ is off her meds again...

Dumbass

Probably does need a hand with all the porn sites he's been to..

What are you blabbering about?

HAHAHAHAH..BWHAAAAAA...IDIOTS TRIPPING ALL OVER EACH OTHER........

Yes, I apologize that you are sad sack of ****e...

If you were smart enough to do so, you wouldn't need to ask...

duh. open address book, choose file,export...geez...

TROLL ALERT!!! "

Need more?

"doS" > wrote in message
> No, I have plenty, thanks.
>
> "Irene" > wrote in message
> > Need more examples of your behavior, do you?
> >

> > "doS" > wrote in message

> > start
> Go

message

Deep
June 24th 03, 10:55 PM
Still haven't answered the question...

Deep

"Irene" > wrote in message
> I guess because you think you know more about computers than others who
> frequent this group, you have a right to behave any way you choose and use
> any language you choose.
>
> That say a lot more about you than it says about those you ridicule, name
> call, and curse.
> \
>
> "Deep" > wrote in message
> . rogers.com...
> > Here we go again...
> >
> > Ohhh.. you don't curse... Yes you're absolutely correct. You'll be going
> > heaven if you believe in that garbage. So glad for you. Now leave those
> who
> > actually know something about computers alone.
> >
> > Deep

> > > Yes, I don't curse. I don't ridicule some one who asks an obviously
> > simple
> > > or incorrect question. Nor do I ridicule someone who make an invalid
> > > comment.
> > >

> > > "Deep" > wrote in message
> > > . rogers.com...
> is
> > > part
> > > better?

> > > start
> > Go

> message
> remember.

Deep
June 24th 03, 10:58 PM
What part of doS' message did you now understand?

> "doS" > wrote in message
> > No, I have plenty, thanks.

And you wonder why you get the name calling, etc. It's because YOU DON'T
READ!

You still haven't answered my question and you've posted USELESS
information...

I sit here shaking my head in disgust to the thought of how incredibly
hypocritical you are.

Deep

"Irene" > wrote in message
> I take it, that means you need to see more, so here goes:
>
> "You're right, asshole.
>
> And you call the pc stupid...
>
> You dumb ****wit...
>
> Yes, I admit you're an asshole, learn to read, dickwad..
>
> Idiot.
>
> Weenie~ is off her meds again...
>
> Dumbass
>
> Probably does need a hand with all the porn sites he's been to..
>
> What are you blabbering about?
>
> HAHAHAHAH..BWHAAAAAA...IDIOTS TRIPPING ALL OVER EACH OTHER........
>
> Yes, I apologize that you are sad sack of ****e...
>
> If you were smart enough to do so, you wouldn't need to ask...
>
> duh. open address book, choose file,export...geez...
>
> TROLL ALERT!!! "
>

> Need more?
>

> "doS" > wrote in message
> > No, I have plenty, thanks.
> >
> > "Irene" > wrote in message
> > > Need more examples of your behavior, do you?

> > > start
> > Go

> message
> remember.

Deep
June 24th 03, 11:07 PM
That should read NOT understand...

Deep

"Deep" > wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
> What part of doS' message did you now understand?
>
> > "doS" > wrote in message
> > > No, I have plenty, thanks.
>
> And you wonder why you get the name calling, etc. It's because YOU DON'T
> READ!
>
> You still haven't answered my question and you've posted USELESS
> information...
>
> I sit here shaking my head in disgust to the thought of how incredibly
> hypocritical you are.
>
> Deep
>

> "Irene" > wrote in message
> > I take it, that means you need to see more, so here goes:
> >
> > "You're right, asshole.
> >
> > And you call the pc stupid...
> >
> > You dumb ****wit...
> >
> > Yes, I admit you're an asshole, learn to read, dickwad..
> >
> > Idiot.
> >
> > Weenie~ is off her meds again...
> >
> > Dumbass
> >
> > Probably does need a hand with all the porn sites he's been to..
> >
> > What are you blabbering about?
> >
> > HAHAHAHAH..BWHAAAAAA...IDIOTS TRIPPING ALL OVER EACH OTHER........
> >
> > Yes, I apologize that you are sad sack of ****e...
> >
> > If you were smart enough to do so, you wouldn't need to ask...
> >
> > duh. open address book, choose file,export...geez...
> >
> > TROLL ALERT!!! "
> >

> > Need more?
> >

> > "doS" > wrote in message
> > > No, I have plenty, thanks.

> from
> sense.
> > > Go

> > message
> > remember.

Irene
June 24th 03, 11:11 PM
Guess a few more examples of your behavior are warranted.
It wouldn't take long, at all!

"Deep" > wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
> Still haven't answered the question...
>
> Deep
>
> "Irene" > wrote in message
> > I guess because you think you know more about computers than others who
> > frequent this group, you have a right to behave any way you choose and
use
> > any language you choose.
> >
> > That say a lot more about you than it says about those you ridicule,
name
> > call, and curse.
> > \
> >
> > "Deep" > wrote in message
> > . rogers.com...
> > > Here we go again...
> > >
> > > Ohhh.. you don't curse... Yes you're absolutely correct. You'll be
going
> > > heaven if you believe in that garbage. So glad for you. Now leave
those
> > who
> > > actually know something about computers alone.
> > >
> > > Deep

> > > simple

HH
> > is

> from
> sense.
> > > Go

> > message
> > remember.

Irene
June 24th 03, 11:14 PM
Yes because everyone knows Winnipeg is north of Toronto, not west. You're
about as dumb as Americans! At least when it comes to geography... Do you
even know where you moved to? Deep

HA! You're such a twit. You were so stupid you couldn't get a job or go to
school in Canada it seems. Once a total dumb ass, always a total dumb ass...
And yes I have travelled to Winnipeg, ****-for-brains.... If anything you're
just as wrong as I was! Deep

Wow. That must have taken you all night to write. Nice work Dumb ass! You,
as you were several years ago as well, are not worth the bandwidth or time.
How someone could be as stupid as you and figure out how to turn on a
computer is beyond me. Masters in Economics? I shudder at the fact that we
actually have something in common... Deep

Aaah shut the **** up. If you don't want it, don't post. Deep

oooooo like I care. Go plonk your you-know-what in you-know-where.... Deep

Idiot... Pure Idiot... Deep

Well, as his handle indicates, he's dilusional! ;-) Deep

Ahh Greggors' just an idiot... Ignore him... Deep

You are an absolute bumbling idiot. Pure and simple.

Hey... Aren't you the retard who was testing me on my sources? In your face
buddy, in your face... Deep

You **** off nut ball.. What the **** do you need a * for? Still a kid? Deep

Bull ****. You have no idea what you're talking about. Deep

Ahh yes... The bumbling idiot's emerge... Deep

You really are an idiot to top all idiots... Deep

A Jackass to the end... Why don't you go back into hiding? It was much nicer
then...

Another incredibly brilliant response from who has to be the biggest
blundering idiot to enter the forum since SBdot.... Deep

Ladies and Gentlemen! We have a new winner for the Newsgroup's Most Pathetic
Individual! Congratulations Joel... Deep

Uh huh.... sure... And you're brilliant beyond belief. Say whatever you need
to to make your insignificant existence justified to your puny self... Deep

BTW: Don't bother replying. I won't be wasting my time on insignificants
such as yourself.

The Incredible Idiot has stuck again! The Incredible Idiot -- Long ago he
was stuck with a bolt of lightening and when he woke up, he found that
anytime someone spoke of something that disagreed with him, he would morph
into a brainless bumbling idiot! Deep

And to top it all off, this comment that you made. I guess it is another
case of do as you say, not as you do

So what DO you do, besides find jollies in insulting people you'll never
meet over the internet? Deep

"Deep" > wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
> Still haven't answered the question...
>
> Deep
>
> "Irene" > wrote in message
> > I guess because you think you know more about computers than others who
> > frequent this group, you have a right to behave any way you choose and
use
> > any language you choose.
> >
> > That say a lot more about you than it says about those you ridicule,
name
> > call, and curse.
> > \
> >
> > "Deep" > wrote in message
> > . rogers.com...
> > > Here we go again...
> > >
> > > Ohhh.. you don't curse... Yes you're absolutely correct. You'll be
going
> > > heaven if you believe in that garbage. So glad for you. Now leave
those
> > who
> > > actually know something about computers alone.
> > >
> > > Deep

> > > simple

HH
> > is

> from
> sense.
> > > Go

> > message
> > remember.

Bob
June 24th 03, 11:47 PM
Remember Irene, you allow your grandchildren to peruse these newsgroups
unsupervised as you stated in a previous post. You are again subjecting them
to foul languange that YOU choose to repost.

"Irene" > wrote in message

Mike Calkins
June 25th 03, 02:07 AM
Yes,

I find their Servers and Desktops to be fine. I've also owned a number of
their laptops. We'd buy those again also.

I used to believe in custom made computers, but other manufacturers put out
a better product, and could do so in the quantities that my clients
required.

So the answer is YES, I would.

Would you buy another Jeep?

Mike

"Developwebsites" > wrote in message
> I've had too many problems with my presario 7170 to bother
> with a compaq again. the printer wouldnt install also.
> their support was horrible.
> at one time compaqs had internal ls-120, then zips if i remember.
> dont compaqs use AMD CPUs instead of Intel?

> remove *batSPAM* to e-mail me

Deep
June 25th 03, 02:55 AM
And that proved what?

I asked you a question, you haven't answered it. In fact, you are doing
everything BUT answer the question. Your response is childish and completely
useless! I used no "curse" words in this thread. You do realise that doS and
myself are different people, right?

You really need to work on learning to read and understand, not just read
the words. Will you answer the question or will you continue your child-like
manners? I've posed a logical and proper question. Prove to me you're better
by actually answering it. So far, you've proven that you are the same as
everyone you "police".

Deep

"Irene" > wrote in message
> [...]
> anytime someone spoke of something that disagreed with him, he would morph
> into a brainless bumbling idiot! Deep
>

> And to top it all off, this comment that you made. I guess it is another
> case of do as you say, not as you do
>
> So what DO you do, besides find jollies in insulting people you'll never
> meet over the internet? Deep

> "Deep" > wrote in message
> e.rogers.com...
> > Still haven't answered the question...
> >
> > Deep
> >
> > "Irene" > wrote in message
> > > I guess because you think you know more about computers than others
who
> > > frequent this group, you have a right to behave any way you choose and
> use
> > > any language you choose.
> > >
> > > That say a lot more about you than it says about those you ridicule,

Deep
June 25th 03, 02:57 AM
Precisely...

I don't believe she does much else but come on here and stir up flame wars.
In fact, any grandmother I've known never would have pulled off the stuff
she has... I doubt she actually is...

Deep

"Bob" > wrote in message
> Remember Irene, you allow your grandchildren to peruse these newsgroups
> unsupervised as you stated in a previous post. You are again subjecting
them
> to foul languange that YOU choose to repost.
>
> "Irene" > wrote in message

HH
June 25th 03, 03:06 AM
Forget it Deep. She LIVES for these exchanges. She has nothing better to do.
Sad but true.
HH

"Deep" > wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
> [...]
> > Individual! Congratulations Joel... Deep
> >
> > Uh huh.... sure... And you're brilliant beyond belief. Say whatever you
> need
> > to to make your insignificant existence justified to your puny self...
> Deep
> >
> > BTW: Don't bother replying. I won't be wasting my time on insignificants
> > such as yourself.
> >
> > The Incredible Idiot has stuck again! The Incredible Idiot -- Long ago
he
> > was stuck with a bolt of lightening and when he woke up, he found that
> > anytime someone spoke of something that disagreed with him, he would
morph
> > into a brainless bumbling idiot! Deep
> >

> > And to top it all off, this comment that you made. I guess it is another
> > case of do as you say, not as you do
> >
> > So what DO you do, besides find jollies in insulting people you'll never

in

Deep
June 25th 03, 03:23 AM
Ya... I really have a bad habit of letting these types of people get me to
respond to their drivel...

But hey! It's fun! I particularly love it when you prove them wrong so badly
that they can't even answer your question!! ;-)

Deep

"HH" > wrote in message
. ..
> [...]
you
> > need
> > > to to make your insignificant existence justified to your puny self...
> > Deep
> > >
> > > BTW: Don't bother replying. I won't be wasting my time on
insignificants
> > > such as yourself.
> > >
> > > The Incredible Idiot has stuck again! The Incredible Idiot -- Long ago
> he
> > > was stuck with a bolt of lightening and when he woke up, he found that
> > > anytime someone spoke of something that disagreed with him, he would
> morph
> > > into a brainless bumbling idiot! Deep
> > >

> > > And to top it all off, this comment that you made. I guess it is
another
> > > case of do as you say, not as you do
> > >
> > > So what DO you do, besides find jollies in insulting people you'll

. rogers.com...
> > If
> > > HH
> you're
> > > any

> > boxes
> no

> in
> bother

Irene
June 25th 03, 11:54 PM
>Your response is childish and completely
> useless!

What's more "childish" than your behavior(as evidenced by the content of
yours that I quoted), not in just this newsgroup, but in several others?

To answer your question, no I don't curse. Certainly not the kind of
language that you and others like you use. Period.

"Deep" > wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
> [...]
> > Individual! Congratulations Joel... Deep
> >
> > Uh huh.... sure... And you're brilliant beyond belief. Say whatever you
> need
> > to to make your insignificant existence justified to your puny self...
> Deep
> >
> > BTW: Don't bother replying. I won't be wasting my time on insignificants
> > such as yourself.
> >
> > The Incredible Idiot has stuck again! The Incredible Idiot -- Long ago
he
> > was stuck with a bolt of lightening and when he woke up, he found that
> > anytime someone spoke of something that disagreed with him, he would
morph
> > into a brainless bumbling idiot! Deep
> >

> > And to top it all off, this comment that you made. I guess it is another
> > case of do as you say, not as you do
> >
> > So what DO you do, besides find jollies in insulting people you'll never

in

Irene
June 25th 03, 11:57 PM
And you don't know what you are talking about.
Neither what I allow, or how my newsreader works.

"Bob" > wrote in message
> Remember Irene, you allow your grandchildren to peruse these newsgroups
> unsupervised as you stated in a previous post. You are again subjecting
them
> to foul languange that YOU choose to repost.
>
> "Irene" > wrote in message

Irene
June 26th 03, 12:01 AM
I learned by my mistakes, that is more than I can say for others in this
group.

By deleting the downloaded messages, the running counter that is present in
OE will not allow those messages to appear again, unless that counter is
reset.

Apparently, I know a little more than you, or you would have arrived at that
yourself.

So, my only problem is the language used by those you defend, not the quoted
examples that I posted.

"Bob" > wrote in message
> You complained in the past that Deep's language offended you especially
> because your grandchildren download the news groups and read some of the
> posts. If that's the case, why did you AGAIN choose to potentially subject
> them to foul language by including it in your post? Just in case you are
> truly concerned about your grandchildren who you apparently allow to
peruse
> newsgroups unsupervised, I have removed your offensive reposting of the
foul
> language examples.
>
> In case you don;t remember, here is your post from a few months ago:
>
> "Irene" > wrote in message
> link.net...
> > You haven't gotten to me. You filthy language has.
> > My grandchildren used this computer when they came over. Playing
around,
> > they downloaded the news groups and read some posts of yours and others.

Irene
June 26th 03, 12:04 AM
And you don't read, do you?

"Deep" > wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
> Precisely...
>
> I don't believe she does much else but come on here and stir up flame
wars.
> In fact, any grandmother I've known never would have pulled off the stuff
> she has... I doubt she actually is...
>
> Deep
>
> "Bob" > wrote in message
> > Remember Irene, you allow your grandchildren to peruse these newsgroups
> > unsupervised as you stated in a previous post. You are again subjecting
> them
> > to foul languange that YOU choose to repost.
> >
> > "Irene" > wrote in message

Irene
June 26th 03, 12:11 AM
You're one of those that I really don't understand.
As far as I can tell, you don't post the types of offensive
messages(vulgarities, ridicule, name calling, and flaming) that are common
to HH, Deep, and a minority of others, but you jump to their defense.

"Bob" > wrote in message
> You complained in the past that Deep's language offended you especially
> because your grandchildren download the news groups and read some of the
> posts. If that's the case, why did you AGAIN choose to potentially subject
> them to foul language by including it in your post? Just in case you are
> truly concerned about your grandchildren who you apparently allow to
peruse
> newsgroups unsupervised, I have removed your offensive reposting of the
foul
> language examples.
>
> In case you don;t remember, here is your post from a few months ago:
>
> "Irene" > wrote in message
> link.net...
> > You haven't gotten to me. You filthy language has.
> > My grandchildren used this computer when they came over. Playing
around,
> > they downloaded the news groups and read some posts of yours and others.

Deep
June 26th 03, 01:03 AM
Then why did you make the claim to be so upset when you grandchildren found
my messages????

Something's wrong with your logic here...

Deep

"Irene" > wrote in message
> And you don't know what you are talking about.
> Neither what I allow, or how my newsreader works.
>

> "Bob" > wrote in message
> > Remember Irene, you allow your grandchildren to peruse these newsgroups
> > unsupervised as you stated in a previous post. You are again subjecting
> them
> > to foul languange that YOU choose to repost.
> >
> > "Irene" > wrote in message

Deep
June 26th 03, 01:05 AM
That still isn't the answer to the question.

Comprehension is the key, not literacy.

Deep

"Irene" > wrote in message
> [...]
you
> > need
> > > to to make your insignificant existence justified to your puny self...
> > Deep
> > >
> > > BTW: Don't bother replying. I won't be wasting my time on
insignificants
> > > such as yourself.
> > >
> > > The Incredible Idiot has stuck again! The Incredible Idiot -- Long ago
> he
> > > was stuck with a bolt of lightening and when he woke up, he found that

> > > anytime someone spoke of something that disagreed with him, he would
> morph
> > > into a brainless bumbling idiot! Deep
> > >

> > > And to top it all off, this comment that you made. I guess it is
another
> > > case of do as you say, not as you do
> > >
> > > So what DO you do, besides find jollies in insulting people you'll

. rogers.com...
> > If
> > > HH
> you're
> > > any

> > boxes
> no

> in
> bother

Deep
June 26th 03, 01:08 AM
The number of new groups?

I've only participated in 3 NG's! There's been some minor questions posed in
some Honda and Nissan newsgroups, but that's about it. You on the other hand
strive and live for this wondeful stuff.... Oh granny, tell me the story
again where you thought you put someone in their place? Please granny
please!

Deep

"Irene" > wrote in message
> Considering the number of newsgroups that I found you making these kinds
of
> post in, I would say, it may well be your primary source of amusement.
>g<
>

> "Deep" > wrote in message
> e.rogers.com...
> > Ya... I really have a bad habit of letting these types of people get me
> > respond to their drivel...
> >
> > But hey! It's fun! I particularly love it when you prove them wrong so
> badly
> > that they can't even answer your question!! ;-)
> >
> > Deep
> >
> > "HH" > wrote in message
> > . ..
> > > Forget it Deep. She LIVES for these exchanges. She has nothing better
> > do.
> > > Sad but true.
> > > HH
> > >
> > > "Deep" > wrote in message
> > > le.rogers.com...

> doing
> > > completely
> doS
> > > and

> > read
> > > child-like
> > > better
> as

> > > You're
> Do
> > > you

> > go
> dumb
> anything

> ass!
> > > You,
> or
> > that
> > > we

> you-know-where....
> > > Deep

> your

> > kid?

> much

Most

> > you
> self...

> > insignificants

> ago
> > > he
> that
> > > morph

> > another

> > never

> > others
> choose
> > > and

> > ridicule,

. rogers.com...

> You'll
> > be
> > leave

> an

> > . rogers.com...
> > together!

> > > you're

> Mitec
> makes
> > > no

> wrote
> > > in
> > > bother
> > also.
> if

Bob
June 26th 03, 03:51 AM
My point is that you don't want your grandchildren to see this vulgar
language, yet you seemingly don't care if other people who are offended by
that language see it since you choose to repost it. Since I can see the
reposts that you post which contain offensive language I properly assume
that others can see the offensive language themselves. If your grandchildren
happen to peruse the Compaq newsgroup on other computers (Since they are
obviously computer literate enough to download news groups messages) then
they will see that grandma created a message which contains a number of
vulgarities. Seemingly, as a grandmother who is offended that her
grandchildren may see the offensive language, you should respect other
grandmothers out there and not repost the vulgarities.

"Irene" > wrote in message
> I learned by my mistakes, that is more than I can say for others in this
> group.
>
> By deleting the downloaded messages, the running counter that is present
in
> OE will not allow those messages to appear again, unless that counter is
> reset.
>
> Apparently, I know a little more than you, or you would have arrived at
that
> yourself.
>
> So, my only problem is the language used by those you defend, not the
quoted
> examples that I posted.
>
> "Bob" > wrote in message
> > You complained in the past that Deep's language offended you especially
> > because your grandchildren download the news groups and read some of the
> > posts. If that's the case, why did you AGAIN choose to potentially
subject
> > them to foul language by including it in your post? Just in case you
are
> > truly concerned about your grandchildren who you apparently allow to
> peruse
> > newsgroups unsupervised, I have removed your offensive reposting of the
> foul
> > language examples.
> >
> > In case you don;t remember, here is your post from a few months ago:
> >
> > "Irene" > wrote in message
> > link.net...
> > > You haven't gotten to me. You filthy language has.
> > > My grandchildren used this computer when they came over. Playing
> around,
> > > they downloaded the news groups and read some posts of yours and
others.

Bob
June 26th 03, 03:54 AM
I know how newsreaders work and I know that you find vulgarities offensive,
yet you don't seem to respect others who may find the language offensive
because you choose to repost it without editing the vulgarities. I can only
assume from your previous post a while ago that you grandchildren use your
computer unsupervised since I would suspect you would not allow them to read
newsgroups that contain vulgarities, yet somehow (according to you), they
managed to do so.

Practice what you preach. Since you find the language offensive, don't
continue to repost it. Others find it offensive as well.

"Irene" > wrote in message
> And you don't know what you are talking about.
> Neither what I allow, or how my newsreader works.
>

> "Bob" > wrote in message
> > Remember Irene, you allow your grandchildren to peruse these newsgroups
> > unsupervised as you stated in a previous post. You are again subjecting
> them
> > to foul languange that YOU choose to repost.
> >
> > "Irene" > wrote in message

Irene
June 26th 03, 05:25 AM
Do you have a problem reading?

I said in one of my posts:

"I learned by my mistakes, ..............."

"Deep" > wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
> Then why did you make the claim to be so upset when you grandchildren
found
> my messages????
>
> Something's wrong with your logic here...
>
> Deep
>
> "Irene" > wrote in message
> > And you don't know what you are talking about.
> > Neither what I allow, or how my newsreader works.
> >

> > "Bob" > wrote in message
> > > Remember Irene, you allow your grandchildren to peruse these
newsgroups
> > > unsupervised as you stated in a previous post. You are again
subjecting
> > them
> > > to foul languange that YOU choose to repost.
> > >
> > > "Irene" > wrote in message

Irene
June 26th 03, 05:26 AM
You really DO have a problem reading, don't you?

"Deep" > wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
> [...]
> > le.rogers.com...
> > > And that proved what?
> > >
> > > I asked you a question, you haven't answered it. In fact, you are
doing
> > > everything BUT answer the question. Your response is childish and
> > completely
> > > useless! I used no "curse" words in this thread. You do realise that
doS
> > and
> > > myself are different people, right?
> > >
> > > You really need to work on learning to read and understand, not just
> read
> > > the words. Will you answer the question or will you continue your
> > child-like
> > > manners? I've posed a logical and proper question. Prove to me you're
> > better
> > > by actually answering it. So far, you've proven that you are the same

wrote
> > in
> > bother
> also.

Irene
June 26th 03, 05:31 AM
You really do have a problem reading, don't you?

If you look a the portion of my message(below) that you quoted, I think you
will find it was "newsgroups", NOT,
"new groups". BTW, the two do not mean the same thing.

>g<

"Deep" > wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
> The number of new groups?
>
> I've only participated in 3 NG's! There's been some minor questions posed
in
> some Honda and Nissan newsgroups, but that's about it. You on the other
hand
> strive and live for this wondeful stuff.... Oh granny, tell me the story
> again where you thought you put someone in their place? Please granny
> please!
>
> Deep
>
> "Irene" > wrote in message
> > Considering the number of newsgroups that I found you making these
kinds
> of
> > post in, I would say, it may well be your primary source of amusement.
> >g<
> >

> > "Deep" > wrote in message
> > e.rogers.com...
> > > Ya... I really have a bad habit of letting these types of people get
me
> > > respond to their drivel...
> > >
> > > But hey! It's fun! I particularly love it when you prove them wrong so
> > badly
> > > that they can't even answer your question!! ;-)
> > >
> > > Deep
> > >
> > > "HH" > wrote in message
> > > . ..
> > > do.

> > doing
> > doS

> > > read
> you're
> same
> > as

> > Do

> or
> > > go
> > dumb
> > anything

> > ass!
> > or
> on
> > > that

> > you-know-where....

In
> > your

> > > kid?

> > much

> biggest

> Most

> whatever
> > > you
> > self...

> > > insignificants

Long
> > ago
> > that
> would

> > > another

> > > never

e.rogers.com...

> > > others
> > choose

> > > ridicule,

> . rogers.com...

> > You'll
> > > be
Now
> > > leave

> > an

message

> > > . rogers.com...
> > > together!
Think

> again!

> > Mitec
> > makes

> > wrote

> > > also.
> > if

Irene
June 26th 03, 05:34 AM
I find it difficult to understand why you object to my posts, quoting the
vulgarities and insults, but do not post any comments objecting to the
originators of those posts.

Could it be because you and those few folks are strongly pro Compaq and I am
not? No, you wouldn't be that hypocritical, would you?

"Bob" > wrote in message
> I know how newsreaders work and I know that you find vulgarities
offensive,
> yet you don't seem to respect others who may find the language offensive
> because you choose to repost it without editing the vulgarities. I can
only
> assume from your previous post a while ago that you grandchildren use your
> computer unsupervised since I would suspect you would not allow them to
read
> newsgroups that contain vulgarities, yet somehow (according to you), they
> managed to do so.
>
> Practice what you preach. Since you find the language offensive, don't
> continue to repost it. Others find it offensive as well.
>
> "Irene" > wrote in message
> > And you don't know what you are talking about.
> > Neither what I allow, or how my newsreader works.
> >

> > "Bob" > wrote in message
> > > Remember Irene, you allow your grandchildren to peruse these
newsgroups
> > > unsupervised as you stated in a previous post. You are again
subjecting
> > them
> > > to foul languange that YOU choose to repost.
> > >
> > > "Irene" > wrote in message

Deep
June 26th 03, 01:13 PM
No, I believe you do. In fact, so much so that you can't even come up with
an answer or your own question.

You are one pathetic grandma... I can't believe there are spawn of you
running around somewhere.

Deep

"Irene" > wrote in message
> You really DO have a problem reading, don't you?
>

> "Deep" > wrote in message
> le.rogers.com...
> > That still isn't the answer to the question.
> >
> > Comprehension is the key, not literacy.
> >
> > Deep

> > > What's more "childish" than your behavior(as evidenced by the content
of
> > > yours that I quoted), not in just this newsgroup, but in several
others?

> > > To answer your question, no I don't curse. Certainly not the kind of
> > > language that you and others like you use. Period.
> > >
> > > "Deep" > wrote in message
> > > le.rogers.com...

> doing
> > > completely
> doS
> > > and

> > read
> > > child-like
> > > better
> as

> > > You're
> Do
> > > you

> > go
> dumb
> anything

> ass!
> > > You,
> or
> > that
> > > we

> you-know-where....
> > > Deep

> your

> > kid?

> much

Most

> > you
> self...

> > insignificants

> ago
> > > he
> that

> > > morph

> > another

> > never

> > others
> choose
> > > and

> > ridicule,

. rogers.com...

> You'll
> > be
> > leave

> an

> > . rogers.com...
> > together!
> > > you're

> Mitec
> makes
> > > no

> wrote
> > > in
> > > bother
> > also.
> if

Bob
June 26th 03, 01:49 PM
Frankly, I don't care if folks are pro or anti Compaq, Dell, HP, Sony, etc.
To each, his own. I am not that strongly attached to any type of machine to
be that passionate one way or another. Personally, I have had nothing but
good experiences with the computers I (or my family have had) over the
years. Problems have been rare and the few calls made to sales, tech support
or customer service have been handled in a professional and timely manner. I
have owned computers of some sort since 1978 (Apple, Packard Bell. HP,
Compaq, Dell, Alienware). I guess I have just been lucky for the past 25
years. It would be great if newsgroups of this type were used solely for the
purpose of information and help, however, I understand that folks want to
vent about their bad experiences and that's their right. It is also the
right of those to defend their positions on the positive side.It just
interests me that you have complained about Deep's vulgarities and yet you
have reposted these vulgarities in at least 3 separate posts. I suppose I
"pick on" your posts because I usually find yours in the middle of some
"entertaining" back and forths. I would classify Newsgroups as a source of
two things, information and entertainment. If I am not interested in a
particular topic as described in the header, then I would not necessarily
read through the posts, however, if I see a bunch of responses with certain
sender's names, I will read those because occasionally, they are real
entertaining. Deeps' (or others) vulgarities were probably in response to
some humdrum question in a topic that is of little interest, thus I can not
remember seeing any of them except when reposted by you. It would be great
if all folks would use language that you or I or anyone would deem
"appropriate", but in certain locales it just isn't going to happen. With
the wide variety of unknown personalities on newsgroups, you can't expect
them to acquiesce to what you want, thus you should assume that, at the very
least, newsgroups should be rated 'R'. With that being the case, you or your
grandchildren, shouldn't be surprised if vulgarities show up. I have an 8
year old granddaughter. I would never allow her to use the Internet
unsupervised because you never know what can be accidentally found and if I
were using the Internet with her, I would certainly not be reading
newsgroups with her, but, to each his/her own. At least I am fortunate that
she is not nearly as Internet savvy as yours because she doesn't even know
what a newsgroup is, much less have the ability to open one up and either
download new messages or read existing messages.

"Irene" > wrote in message
> I find it difficult to understand why you object to my posts, quoting the
> vulgarities and insults, but do not post any comments objecting to the
> originators of those posts.
>
> Could it be because you and those few folks are strongly pro Compaq and I
am
> not? No, you wouldn't be that hypocritical, would you?
>

> "Bob" > wrote in message
> > I know how newsreaders work and I know that you find vulgarities
> offensive,
> > yet you don't seem to respect others who may find the language offensive
> > because you choose to repost it without editing the vulgarities. I can
> only
> > assume from your previous post a while ago that you grandchildren use
your
> > computer unsupervised since I would suspect you would not allow them to
> read
> > newsgroups that contain vulgarities, yet somehow (according to you),
they
> > managed to do so.
> >
> > Practice what you preach. Since you find the language offensive, don't
> > continue to repost it. Others find it offensive as well.
> >
> > "Irene" > wrote in message
> > > And you don't know what you are talking about.
> > > Neither what I allow, or how my newsreader works.

> newsgroups
> subjecting
> > > them

Irene
June 26th 03, 05:18 PM
We had two 8700's and they were pure, unadulterated junk.
The Armada that I have has been OK. For the most part trouble free and
reliable.

"Chocklitwonder" > wrote in message
> i am not sure sure about the quality of the newer compaqs. i currently
have
> two presarios a 7118us (pentium 4) and a 5wv254 (amd duron). have never
had
> any problems whatsoever. i have heard that the newert compaqs have not
been
> too trustworthy.

Irene
June 26th 03, 05:18 PM
If you still think that I didn't answer your question, you missed more than
an "s".

"Deep" > wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
> Oh darn, I missed an "s".
>
> Still haven't answered my question...
>
> Deep
>
> "Irene" > wrote in message
> > You really do have a problem reading, don't you?
> >
> > If you look a the portion of my message(below) that you quoted, I think
> you
> > will find it was "newsgroups", NOT,
> > "new groups". BTW, the two do not mean the same thing.
> >
> > >g<
> >
> > "Deep" > wrote in message
> > le.rogers.com...
> > > The number of new groups?
> > >
> > > I've only participated in 3 NG's! There's been some minor questions
> posed
> > in
> > > some Honda and Nissan newsgroups, but that's about it. You on the
other
> > hand
> > > strive and live for this wondeful stuff.... Oh granny, tell me the
story
> > > again where you thought you put someone in their place? Please granny
> > > please!
> > >
> > > Deep

> > kinds
> > > of

> > me

> so

> > better

le.rogers.com...

> are
> and
> > that

> > just
> your
> > > you're
> > > same

> > west.
> > geography...

> > job
> > > or
> total

> Dumb
> > bandwidth
> turn
> > > on
> > fact

Deep

> > In

> Still

It
> > was

> > > biggest

Newsgroup's
> > > Most

> > > whatever

Idiot --
> > Long
> > found
> > > would

> is

> > you'll

> > e.rogers.com...

> than
> you

message

> > > . rogers.com...

> > Now

> asks
> > an
> > make

> > message

> > Think

> > > again!

> were
> post

> 7170
> > install
> > zips

Irene
June 26th 03, 05:32 PM
Sorry that should have been "haven't".

"Irene" > wrote in message
> [...]
> > newsgroups with her, but, to each his/her own. At least I am fortunate
> that
> > she is not nearly as Internet savvy as yours because she doesn't even
know
> > what a newsgroup is, much less have the ability to open one up and
either
> > download new messages or read existing messages.
> >
> > "Irene" > wrote in message
> > > I find it difficult to understand why you object to my posts, quoting
> the
> > > vulgarities and insults, but do not post any comments objecting to the
> > > originators of those posts.
> > >
> > > Could it be because you and those few folks are strongly pro Compaq
and
> > am
> > > not? No, you wouldn't be that hypocritical, would you?

Bob
June 26th 03, 09:46 PM
My original post to you wasn't the fact that the language offended me, it
was the fact that you chose to repost language that you found offensive to
your grandchildren. You can quote and post whatever language you want, I
just find it interesting that you would post something that you personally
find offensive. As I stated in my last post, while it would be nice if
everyone used language I "approve" of, I can't be offended if I see or hear
the language in places where it may exist such as a newsgroup in which I
don't personally know anyone. (at least, not that I am aware of). Some of
the vulgarities you chose to repost are indeed offensive, but they are
things I read everyday in bestselling books.

To make it clear, although I don't condone such language, I am not
chastising anyone in this newsgroup who uses it. I am only responding to the
fact that you chose to repost vulgarities on at least 3 occasions which you
found offensive because your grandchildren may inadvertantly read them while
perusing this newsgroup. Since you are such a concerned grandparent, I find
it odd that you would repost these vulgarities under your username when the
possibility exists that your grandchildren may see them again. Had you NOT
reposted them, the odds would severely diminish that they would be seen
again.

For instance, if someone posted an inappropriate piece of spam to this group
it would be ridiculous for me to admonish them via a response which included
their original spam.

"Irene" > wrote in message
> [...]
or
> > your
> > > grandchildren, shouldn't be surprised if vulgarities show up. I have
an
> 8
> > > year old granddaughter. I would never allow her to use the Internet
> > > unsupervised because you never know what can be accidentally found and
> if
> > > were using the Internet with her, I would certainly not be reading
> > > newsgroups with her, but, to each his/her own. At least I am fortunate
> > that
> > > she is not nearly as Internet savvy as yours because she doesn't even
> know
> > > what a newsgroup is, much less have the ability to open one up and
> either
> > > download new messages or read existing messages.

HH
June 26th 03, 11:26 PM
Guys, this is gettin' real old. Just in case you haven't figured it out yet,
she thrives on this. It's her life....a pity. Let it die
pullllllllllllease!!!!!
HH

"Deep" > wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
> [...]
or
> > your
> > > grandchildren, shouldn't be surprised if vulgarities show up. I have
an
> 8
> > > year old granddaughter. I would never allow her to use the Internet
> > > unsupervised because you never know what can be accidentally found and
> if
> > > were using the Internet with her, I would certainly not be reading
> > > newsgroups with her, but, to each his/her own. At least I am fortunate
> > that
> > > she is not nearly as Internet savvy as yours because she doesn't even
> know
> > > what a newsgroup is, much less have the ability to open one up and
> either
> > > download new messages or read existing messages.

Irene
June 27th 03, 12:13 AM
> My original post to you wasn't the fact that the language >offended me, it
> was the fact that you chose to repost language that you >found offensive
> your grandchildren.

And as I have repeatedly said and you have repeatedly ignored, I learned by
my mistake. They won't read such posts again.

"Bob" > wrote in message
> [...]
> reposted them, the odds would severely diminish that they would be seen
> again.
>
> For instance, if someone posted an inappropriate piece of spam to this
group
> it would be ridiculous for me to admonish them via a response which
included
> their original spam.
>
> "Irene" > wrote in message
> > Sorry that should have been "haven't".
> >

> > "Irene" > wrote in message
> > > You still have explained why you criticize me for quoting such
language,
> > but
> > > say absolutely nothing to those who originated the posts.
> > >
> > > No withstanding you denials, the reason that I came up with is the
most
> > > likely. Sorry. I have to stick with that until you demonstrate

Irene
June 27th 03, 12:20 AM
I haven't attacked you. I don't attack people. I do, however, accurately
quote their posts. Here, I thought you would like your friends to see a few
examples of your posts to this and other groups. You mean that you are not
proud enough of your posts to see them quoted?

"Deep" > wrote in message
> [...]
or
> > your
> > > grandchildren, shouldn't be surprised if vulgarities show up. I have
an
> 8
> > > year old granddaughter. I would never allow her to use the Internet
> > > unsupervised because you never know what can be accidentally found and
> if
> > > were using the Internet with her, I would certainly not be reading
> > > newsgroups with her, but, to each his/her own. At least I am fortunate
> > that
> > > she is not nearly as Internet savvy as yours because she doesn't even
> know
> > > what a newsgroup is, much less have the ability to open one up and
> either
> > > download new messages or read existing messages.

Deep
June 27th 03, 02:59 AM
I wrote them, didn't I?

Do you actually think I'm ashamed or care what an old woman thinks of me?
PLEASE....

Deep

"Irene" > wrote in message
> I haven't attacked you. I don't attack people. I do, however, accurately
> quote their posts. Here, I thought you would like your friends to see a
few
> examples of your posts to this and other groups. You mean that you are not
> proud enough of your posts to see them quoted?
>

> "Deep" > wrote in message
> le.rogers.com...
> > So your logic is that those who use the language you find so offensive
> > should be attacked? Come on grandma! Attack away!!
> >
> > Deep
> >
> > "Irene" > wrote in message
> > > You still have explained why you criticize me for quoting such
language,
> > but
> > > say absolutely nothing to those who originated the posts.
> > >
> > > No withstanding you denials, the reason that I came up with is the
most
> > > likely. Sorry. I have to stick with that until you demonstrate
> > differently.

Sony,
> > > etc.
> machine
> > but
> > > support
> > manner.
HP,
> 25
> for
> > > the
> the
> > you
> suppose
> some
> source
> > of
> > necessarily
> > > certain
> can
> > > not
> > great
> > With
> > expect
> the
> > > very
> or
> > > your
> an
> > 8
> > if
> > > that
> > know
> > either

> quoting
> > > the
> the

Compaq
> > and

> > > offensive
> > can
> > use
> them
> you),

> > don't

Deep
June 27th 03, 03:00 AM
For you bud...

I'll let the sleeping dog lie...

Deep

"HH" > wrote in message
. ..
> Guys, this is gettin' real old. Just in case you haven't figured it out
yet,
> she thrives on this. It's her life....a pity. Let it die
> pullllllllllllease!!!!!
> HH
>

> "Deep" > wrote in message
> le.rogers.com...
> > So your logic is that those who use the language you find so offensive
> > should be attacked? Come on grandma! Attack away!!
> >
> > Deep
> >
> > "Irene" > wrote in message
> > > You still have explained why you criticize me for quoting such
language,
> > but
> > > say absolutely nothing to those who originated the posts.
> > >
> > > No withstanding you denials, the reason that I came up with is the
most
> > > likely. Sorry. I have to stick with that until you demonstrate
> > differently.

Sony,
> > > etc.
> machine
> > but
> > > support
> > manner.
HP,
> 25
> for
> > > the
> the
> > you
> suppose
> some
> source
> > of
> > necessarily
> > > certain
> can
> > > not
> > great
> > With
> > expect
> the
> > > very
> or
> > > your
> an
> > 8
> > if
> > > that
> > know
> > either

> quoting
> > > the
> the

Compaq
> > and

> > > offensive
> > can
> > use
> them
> you),

> > don't

HH
June 27th 03, 03:37 AM
Gracias, Amigo!!!
HH

"Deep" > wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
> For you bud...
>
> I'll let the sleeping dog lie...
>
> Deep
>
> "HH" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > Guys, this is gettin' real old. Just in case you haven't figured it out
> yet,
> > she thrives on this. It's her life....a pity. Let it die
> > pullllllllllllease!!!!!
> > HH
> >

> > "Deep" > wrote in message
> > le.rogers.com...
> > > So your logic is that those who use the language you find so offensive
> > > should be attacked? Come on grandma! Attack away!!
> > >
> > > Deep

> language,
> > > but

> most
> > > differently.

> Sony,
> > machine
> nothing
> > > but
> the
> > > manner.
> HP,
> past
> > 25
> > for
> want
> > the
> just
> yet
> > > you
> > suppose
> > some
> > source
> > > of
> > > necessarily
> real
> response
> > can
> > > great
> > > With
> > > expect
> > the
> > or
> > an
> > > 8
Internet
> and
> > > if
> fortunate
> even
> > > know
> > > either

> > quoting
> > the

> Compaq
> > > and

> > > can
> grandchildren
> > > use
> > them
> > you),

> > > don't

Irene
June 27th 03, 09:47 PM
Then you shouldn't have any complaints about some one quoting them. I'll
keep that for future reference.

"Deep" > wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
> I wrote them, didn't I?
>
> Do you actually think I'm ashamed or care what an old woman thinks of me?
> PLEASE....
>
> Deep
>
> "Irene" > wrote in message
> > I haven't attacked you. I don't attack people. I do, however,
accurately
> > quote their posts. Here, I thought you would like your friends to see a
> few
> > examples of your posts to this and other groups. You mean that you are
not
> > proud enough of your posts to see them quoted?
> >

> > "Deep" > wrote in message
> > le.rogers.com...
> > > So your logic is that those who use the language you find so offensive
> > > should be attacked? Come on grandma! Attack away!!
> > >
> > > Deep

> language,
> > > but

> most
> > > differently.

> Sony,
> > machine
> nothing
> > > but
> the
> > > manner.
> HP,
> past
> > 25
> > for
> want
> > the
> just
> yet
> > > you
> > suppose
> > some
> > source
> > > of
> > > necessarily
> real
> response
> > can
> > > great
> > > With
> > > expect
> > the
> > or
> > an
> > > 8
Internet
> and
> > > if
> fortunate
> even
> > > know
> > > either

> > quoting
> > the

> Compaq
> > > and

> > > can
> grandchildren
> > > use
> > them
> > you),

> > > don't

Martian
July 1st 03, 09:17 PM
I will never buy another Compaq. I've purchased them since they first
came out in the early 1980s at work and finally bought one for home
use. When I had to mail it back for a M-board replacement recently
(less than 5 months old), to my horror, they removed my RAM! I've
spent months trying to get it back, and their response is "our repair
shop says they returned it." Obviously, the repair shop lied, but
they are done with me. That's OK. I'm done with them, too, and I
work in a field where I've controlled the procurement of literally
hundreds of thousands of computers. Next rollout won't be Compaq or
HP!

Rob Fruth
July 2nd 03, 02:21 AM
My Compaq Presario is 18 months old and still works like a charm.

--
Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx
http://web2.airmail.net/rfruth

1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o
1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)
2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)

"Martian" > wrote in message
m...
> Yes -- my spouse wanted a computer, so a few weeks ago I ordered a
> Dell.

- snip -

---

Martian
July 2nd 03, 08:51 AM
Hot tip -- if it breaks, take everything out of the chassis before you
mail it to service so you won't have to try to get it back!!! It's a
catch-22. I called their help line immediately after I opening the
box and tested the system and learned the RAM was missing, and their
phone message said to e-mail instead. So I hung up and e-mailed, and
(after a long time of calls back and forth), today I was told they are
denying my claim because they have no record of my e-mail and I hadn't
called them quickly enough when I noticed the item was missing!!!

Fortunately, I'm a cyber-packrat, and I keep everything--including
their May 1 reply to my e-mail with my original message attached (I
then responded to their reply)!!! We've been going around in circles
since late April-early May and I still don't have my RAM back that
they removed!!! That's why when my spouse asked for a new computer a
few weeks ago, I ordered one from the Dell Web site. I just couldn't
face giving more money to them after they kept my property. The
system is not nearly as quick as it was before the repair, and I'm
hoping it's just the lack of RAM--and that they will finally send it
back since I forwarded their e-mail back to them as proof!!! I love
our Dell.

"Rob Fruth" > wrote in message >...
> My Compaq Presario is 18 months old and still works like a charm.
>
> --
> Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx
> http://web2.airmail.net/rfruth
>
> 1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o
> 1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)
> 2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)
>

> "Martian" <***********************> wrote in message
> m...
> > Yes -- my spouse wanted a computer, so a few weeks ago I ordered a
> > Dell.
>
> - snip -
>

> ---

Martian
July 6th 03, 06:36 AM
Actually, I have to say that although I had a pretty bad experience,
when I finally reached someone in mid-level management (above the line
supervisor level), they agreed to make things right. After all is
said and done, the treatment turned out to be fair.

I think it's a case of HP and Compaq were merging together just as it
happened, and the merger through off their tracking so their e-mail
and phone-in help were not associated properly. When I first called,
it was Compaq, and by the time it ended, it was HP.

*********************** (Martian) wrote in message >...
> Hot tip -- if it breaks, take everything out of the chassis before you
> mail it to service so you won't have to try to get it back!!! It's a
> catch-22. I called their help line immediately after I opening the
> box and tested the system and learned the RAM was missing, and their
> phone message said to e-mail instead. So I hung up and e-mailed, and
> (after a long time of calls back and forth), today I was told they are
> denying my claim because they have no record of my e-mail and I hadn't
> called them quickly enough when I noticed the item was missing!!!
>
> Fortunately, I'm a cyber-packrat, and I keep everything--including
> their May 1 reply to my e-mail with my original message attached (I
> then responded to their reply)!!! We've been going around in circles
> since late April-early May and I still don't have my RAM back that
> they removed!!! That's why when my spouse asked for a new computer a
> few weeks ago, I ordered one from the Dell Web site. I just couldn't
> face giving more money to them after they kept my property. The
> system is not nearly as quick as it was before the repair, and I'm
> hoping it's just the lack of RAM--and that they will finally send it
> back since I forwarded their e-mail back to them as proof!!! I love
> our Dell.
>

> "Rob Fruth" > wrote in message >...
> > My Compaq Presario is 18 months old and still works like a charm.
> >
> > --
> > Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx
> > http://web2.airmail.net/rfruth
> >
> > 1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o
> > 1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)
> > 2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)
> >

> > "Martian" <***********************> wrote in message
> > m...
> > > Yes -- my spouse wanted a computer, so a few weeks ago I ordered a
> > > Dell.
> >
> > - snip -
> >

> > ---

Ugly
July 8th 03, 05:15 AM
On 23 Jun 2003 01:10:31 GMT, DEJ57 babbled on about Re: would you buy a Compaq again?
proclaiming:

>> Also, half your post makes no sense. Go away.
>
>That's his opinion. As long as you are on topic (anything about Compaq) all
>posts are welcomed. At least by me...and I suspect by most who respect freedom
>of expression.

I know that my Presario 4170/4180 had a Pentium. I have no idea where the Pentium chip is
now. Probably on the desk somewhere. Most other parts are in a pile in the basement. May
it rest in pieces.