PDA

View Full Version : Wheres the other memory slot on the TM 800 series


Darren
August 31st 04, 06:05 PM
Hi just wondering where the other memory slot is on the TM 800, I heard a
while ago its under the keyboard but I've no idea how to remove it to get
access.

I'm also assuming that each slot has a 256MB SoDimm in it or will the other
one be empty?

Thanks a lot

Matthias Eisner
September 1st 04, 09:46 AM
Darren wrote:
> Hi just wondering where the other memory slot is on the TM 800, I heard a
> while ago its under the keyboard but I've no idea how to remove it to get
> access.
>
> I'm also assuming that each slot has a 256MB SoDimm in it or will the other
> one be empty?
>
> Thanks a lot

Hello,

at least the 660s have two small SoDimms by default (cheaper) and the
case is identical to the 800, but I have no clue where it is ...


--
Matthias Eisner

Darren
September 2nd 04, 12:39 AM
Matthias Eisner > wrote in :

> Darren wrote:
>> Hi just wondering where the other memory slot is on the TM 800, I
>> heard a while ago its under the keyboard but I've no idea how to
>> remove it to get access.
>>
>> I'm also assuming that each slot has a 256MB SoDimm in it or will the
>> other one be empty?
>>
>> Thanks a lot
>
> Hello,
>
> at least the 660s have two small SoDimms by default (cheaper) and the
> case is identical to the 800, but I have no clue where it is ...
>
>

A lot of the new ones have the same case the 8000 and the 60000 aswell.

Hmmm, makes upgrading to 1GB more expensive, does anyone know how to get to
the other slot?

I've tried removing a few screws with K next to them but the keyboard
doesn't move.

Thanks a lot

Matthias Eisner
September 2nd 04, 08:20 AM
Darren wrote:
> Matthias Eisner > wrote in :
>
>
>>Darren wrote:
>>
>>>Hi just wondering where the other memory slot is on the TM 800, I
>>>heard a while ago its under the keyboard but I've no idea how to
>>>remove it to get access.
>>>
>>>I'm also assuming that each slot has a 256MB SoDimm in it or will the
>>>other one be empty?
>>>
>>>Thanks a lot
>>
>>Hello,
>>
>>at least the 660s have two small SoDimms by default (cheaper) and the
>>case is identical to the 800, but I have no clue where it is ...
>>
>>
>
>
> A lot of the new ones have the same case the 8000 and the 60000 aswell.
>
> Hmmm, makes upgrading to 1GB more expensive, does anyone know how to get to
> the other slot?
>
> I've tried removing a few screws with K next to them but the keyboard
> doesn't move.
>
> Thanks a lot

Have you tried to call the hotline, if you get the right person you
might get a good tip, was once the case for me with the swiss service,
but is kind of luck i think.

--
Matthias Eisner

Darren
September 5th 04, 07:50 PM
sr > wrote in news:[email protected]
140.99.99.130:

> Matthias Eisner > wrote in :
>
> It's on the support website and is much the same for lots of models.
> http://support.acerpanam.com/synapse/forms/portal.cfm?recordid=435
> &formid=3390&website=AcerPanAm.com&originwebsite=AcerPanAm.com&central=1
> &pupv=pu
>
> Is the address but it's under support solutions on the acer us support
> site if you want to look by hand or the link doesn't work because you
> haven't copied and pasted it properly.

Thanks a lot Matthias

DJW
January 15th 05, 11:34 PM
Cheerz this has answered a problem that I had since day 1 I got my new
laptop....tried Acer support but no answer in 10days, so googled, No
answer....So I look here & you have the answer(!)

Cheerz


>> Matthias Eisner > wrote in :
>>
>> It's on the support website and is much the same for lots of models.
>> http://support.acerpanam.com/synapse/forms/portal.cfm?recordid=435
>> &formid=3390&website=AcerPanAm.com&originwebsite=AcerPanAm.com&central=1
>> &pupv=pu
>>
>> Is the address but it's under support solutions on the acer us support
>> site if you want to look by hand or the link doesn't work because you
>> haven't copied and pasted it properly.
>
> Thanks a lot Matthias

Spike
January 19th 05, 12:28 AM
If you need the physical location as I did,
then removing the keyboard will enable one
to see it..Luck