PDA

View Full Version : Acer 1310 modem crashes


Rich
February 17th 04, 11:52 AM
Hi

Any one had any problems with the internal modem on a Acer 1310
laptop? I've got a Aspire 1315LM which is just a 1310 but with a
built in DVDR writer. Every few times when I connect to the internet
upon disconnecting the internet the whole computer just hangs.

The system apart from that is totally stable. Its always the
disconnect internet that causes the problem.

Thanks.

Rich

Michael Murray
February 17th 04, 08:09 PM
"Rich" > wrote in message
...
> Hi
>
> Any one had any problems with the internal modem on a Acer 1310
> laptop? I've got a Aspire 1315LM which is just a 1310 but with a
> built in DVDR writer. Every few times when I connect to the internet
> upon disconnecting the internet the whole computer just hangs.
>
> The system apart from that is totally stable. Its always the
> disconnect internet that causes the problem.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Rich

Are you using AOL? - I have this problem on my Aspire 1315LC and other
computers.


--
Michael Murray

Malvin
February 17th 04, 09:28 PM
"Michael Murray" > wrote in message
...
>
> "Rich" > wrote in message
> ...
> > Hi
> >
> > Any one had any problems with the internal modem on a Acer 1310
> > laptop? I've got a Aspire 1315LM which is just a 1310 but with a
> > built in DVDR writer. Every few times when I connect to the internet
> > upon disconnecting the internet the whole computer just hangs.
> >
> > The system apart from that is totally stable. Its always the
> > disconnect internet that causes the problem.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Rich
>
> Are you using AOL? - I have this problem on my Aspire 1315LC and other
> computers.
>
>
> --
> Michael Murray
>
>
For some reason alot of ACER customer use AOL, and it has been known that it
causes loads of problems on most ACER laptops

Rich
February 17th 04, 10:08 PM
Using BT internet. Would not touch AOL.

Thanks.

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:28:19 +0000 (UTC), "Malvin" >
wrote:

>"Michael Murray" > wrote in message
...
>>
>> "Rich" > wrote in message
>> ...
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > Any one had any problems with the internal modem on a Acer 1310
>> > laptop? I've got a Aspire 1315LM which is just a 1310 but with a
>> > built in DVDR writer. Every few times when I connect to the internet
>> > upon disconnecting the internet the whole computer just hangs.
>> >
>> > The system apart from that is totally stable. Its always the
>> > disconnect internet that causes the problem.
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > Rich
>>
>> Are you using AOL? - I have this problem on my Aspire 1315LC and other
>> computers.
>>
>>
>> --
>> Michael Murray
>>
>>
>For some reason alot of ACER customer use AOL, and it has been known that it
>causes loads of problems on most ACER laptops
>

Michael Murray
February 18th 04, 03:01 PM
"Rich" > wrote in message
...
> Using BT internet. Would not touch AOL.
>
> Thanks.

Do you have any programs that are trying to access the internet still
running when you disconnect?

Or try pulling out the modem wire and then disconnect.


--
Michael Murray

> On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:28:19 +0000 (UTC), "Malvin" >
> wrote:
>
> >"Michael Murray" > wrote in message
> ...
> >>
> >> "Rich" > wrote in message
> >> ...
> >> > Hi
> >> >
> >> > Any one had any problems with the internal modem on a Acer 1310
> >> > laptop? I've got a Aspire 1315LM which is just a 1310 but with a
> >> > built in DVDR writer. Every few times when I connect to the internet
> >> > upon disconnecting the internet the whole computer just hangs.
> >> >
> >> > The system apart from that is totally stable. Its always the
> >> > disconnect internet that causes the problem.
> >> >
> >> > Thanks.
> >> >
> >> > Rich
> >>
> >> Are you using AOL? - I have this problem on my Aspire 1315LC and other
> >> computers.
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> Michael Murray
> >>
> >>
> >For some reason alot of ACER customer use AOL, and it has been known that
it
> >causes loads of problems on most ACER laptops
> >
>

Rich
February 18th 04, 08:38 PM
Nope nothing at all running that should have internet access. Just
done a total format again, using a friends copy of XP home with
service pack 1 slipstreamed.

May help this time again?

Thanks.

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:01:56 -0000, "Michael Murray"
> wrote:

>
>"Rich" > wrote in message
...
>> Using BT internet. Would not touch AOL.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
>Do you have any programs that are trying to access the internet still
>running when you disconnect?
>
>Or try pulling out the modem wire and then disconnect.