PDA

View Full Version : Acer Aspire 1300 laptop - how to get in!

Paul
November 23rd 03, 11:10 PM
I have an Acer Aspire 1300 laptop with a shattered power socket. I have
removed all the visible screws but it's still connected in the middle
somewhere.

I've tried all the usual places, under keys, the panel below the keyboard
etc. but no luck.

Anybody got any clues? I know what to do once I get in there, but I don't
want to break anything on the way.....

Cheers

Paul

---

Paul
November 25th 03, 09:27 AM
Sorted now.... Acer tech support were excellent.

Turns out you have to take off the panel *above* the keyboard, then
dismantle and remove just about everything (LCD, keyboard, fan, CD, floppy,
CPU, etc.) to get through to the vital central screw. Can't think why I
couldn't figure it out...

Typical really - I only want access to the bottom of the motherboard to
solder on a new power jack but that's the very last thing to be made
accessible.

--
Paul

"Paul" > wrote in message
> I have an Acer Aspire 1300 laptop with a shattered power socket. I have
> removed all the visible screws but it's still connected in the middle
> somewhere.
>
> I've tried all the usual places, under keys, the panel below the keyboard
> etc. but no luck.
>
> Anybody got any clues? I know what to do once I get in there, but I don't
> want to break anything on the way.....
>
> Cheers
>
> Paul
>

> ---

tim
December 7th 03, 10:56 AM
on the 1300, this is a common problem with the power socket pin,all that is
required as you mentioned,remove the old one and solder another.Its so easy.

"Paul" > wrote in message
> Sorted now.... Acer tech support were excellent.
>
> Turns out you have to take off the panel *above* the keyboard, then
> dismantle and remove just about everything (LCD, keyboard, fan, CD,
floppy,
> CPU, etc.) to get through to the vital central screw. Can't think why I
> couldn't figure it out...
>
> Typical really - I only want access to the bottom of the motherboard to
> solder on a new power jack but that's the very last thing to be made
> accessible.
>
> --
> Paul
>

> "Paul" > wrote in message
> > I have an Acer Aspire 1300 laptop with a shattered power socket. I have
> > removed all the visible screws but it's still connected in the middle
> > somewhere.
> >
> > I've tried all the usual places, under keys, the panel below the
keyboard
> > etc. but no luck.
> >
> > Anybody got any clues? I know what to do once I get in there, but I
don't
> > want to break anything on the way.....
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Paul
> >

> > ---

dorin
April 27th 04, 11:33 PM
Can anybody name model of this power pin. I can not identify it.