PDA

View Full Version : how do I figure out maximum possible CPU upgrade

Michael Slass
November 14th 03, 11:14 PM
Hi:

I've got a four-year-old Acer PowerSN running a PIII 450. I would
like to upgrade it to the fastest processor it will allow without
replacing the MoBo.

Can anyone tell me where and what I should look for to see what the
fastest compatible processor will be?

Thanks.
--
Mike Slass

Michael J. Apollyon
November 17th 03, 01:55 AM
> Can anyone tell me where and what I should
> look for to see what the fastest compatible
> processor will be?

Looks like the PowerSN motherboard supports Slot-1 processors
with 100MHz FSB and multipliers up to 8.0 -
http://www.acersupport.com/desktop/html/psn_jumpers.html

You might want to check out PowerLeap's PL-iP3/T slocket. We
have upgraded a few 100MHz Slot-1 AOpen systems to 1.4GHz using
the adapter.