PDA

View Full Version : Travelmate 800LCi screen brightness

JustMe
October 28th 03, 05:02 AM
I recently bought an Acer TravelMate 800LCi. I used the Fn+arrow keys
and to increase/decrease the screen brightness. But even at the
minimum setting, the screen is still quite bright. I'm concerned about
battery life and if I'm using the notebook in a dark room, the screen
is too glaring. Do you have this problem with your 800LCi too or is
this a fault with my notebook?

Thanks.

Leto
October 29th 03, 01:48 AM
Funny, I find the screen to be fine, even wish I could make it brighter. So
I think its JustYou.

Now the wifi range is less than desirable. Swapped out the mini pci card
with a Dell TrueMobile 1300 and its improved some when paired with my
Linksys router, since they use the same chip. It could still use some
improvement.

"JustMe" > wrote in message
> I recently bought an Acer TravelMate 800LCi. I used the Fn+arrow keys
> and to increase/decrease the screen brightness. But even at the
> minimum setting, the screen is still quite bright. I'm concerned about
> battery life and if I'm using the notebook in a dark room, the screen
> is too glaring. Do you have this problem with your 800LCi too or is
> this a fault with my notebook?
>
> Thanks.

Rackie
October 29th 03, 02:42 AM
Try this,

1) Go to Control Panel and then Display Options(or rt.click in a blank
area of your desktop and select properties)

2) Select SETTINGS then click the ADVANCED BUTTON(you wil now see
options for your video card)

3)Select the COLOR tab and you can adjust brightness there.(note,
depending on your video card(Mine is an ATI-TravelMate 433 notebook)
your tabs might use words so just look around and check all the tabs
and see if you can find the one to adjust your monitor brightness)

...........Rackie

On 28 Oct 2003 13:02:16 +0800, JustMe > wrote:

>I recently bought an Acer TravelMate 800LCi. I used the Fn+arrow keys
>and to increase/decrease the screen brightness. But even at the
>minimum setting, the screen is still quite bright. I'm concerned about
>battery life and if I'm using the notebook in a dark room, the screen
>is too glaring. Do you have this problem with your 800LCi too or is
>this a fault with my notebook?
>
>Thanks.

Strange
October 30th 03, 09:27 AM
Hi Rackie,

that works nicely. Thanks. I called up Acer about their narrow range of
screen brightness but they said that there's nothing they can do about it.