PDA

View Full Version : Acer TM 800

Fredrik Normann
August 17th 03, 05:35 PM
What's the newest BIOS for the Acer TM 800 serie? Where can I find the
changelog for the BIOS?

--
-fredrik-normann-

Alexei Boukirev
August 17th 03, 11:02 PM
Fredrik Normann > wrote in
:

> What's the newest BIOS for the Acer TM 800 serie? Where can I find the
> changelog for the BIOS?

ftp://ftp.acer-euro.com/notebook/TravelMate_80x/bios/4a11_win.zip

Previous version was 3a32, this seems a very new one (major version
changed) and was posted on August 14. I believe, changelog should be
inside the ZIP file. There is also version for flashing with DOS utility
(4a11_dos.zip).

Just browse FTP site.

Fredrik Normann
August 18th 03, 04:00 AM
On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 17:02:01 -0500, Alexei Boukirev
> wrote:

>> What's the newest BIOS for the Acer TM 800 serie? Where can I find the
>> changelog for the BIOS?
>>

> ftp://ftp.acer-euro.com/notebook/TravelMate_80x/bios/4a11_win.zip
>
> Previous version was 3a32, this seems a very new one (major version
> changed) and was posted on August 14. I believe, changelog should be
> inside the ZIP file.

No changelog, but the BIOS worked. I haven't tested if this version fixes
the blurry external VGA and S-Video. Can someone verify if this problem has
been fixed or not?

--
-fredrik-normann-

John
August 20th 03, 10:36 PM
Fredrik Normann > wrote in message >...
> On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 17:02:01 -0500, Alexei Boukirev
> > wrote:
>
> >> What's the newest BIOS for the Acer TM 800 serie? Where can I find the
> >> changelog for the BIOS?
> >>

> > ftp://ftp.acer-euro.com/notebook/TravelMate_80x/bios/4a11_win.zip
> >
> > Previous version was 3a32, this seems a very new one (major version
> > changed) and was posted on August 14. I believe, changelog should be
> > inside the ZIP file.
>
> No changelog, but the BIOS worked. I haven't tested if this version fixes
> the blurry external VGA and S-Video. Can someone verify if this problem has
> been fixed or not?

Did seem to change something with the battery. Bootup after upgrade
flash took a long time and battery light flashed. Now I can't seem to
get to 100%...stuck at 99%. Anyone else notice this?

Stephen Walker
August 24th 03, 06:37 AM
BIOS upgrade was not directed at the vga output
Acer have sent out new motherboards to fix this problem. These arrived in
NZ last week. My 803 is due to have its new motherboard on Thursday, I will
keep you posted as to whether or not it fixes the vga output.