PDA

View Full Version : 6600GT Flicker problem fix?

Sie
January 19th 05, 08:25 AM
On a few games my new 6600GT would suffer from flickering and artifacts.
These included FIFA 2005 and Rome Total war.

This was supposed to be fixed with a certain version onwards of the
forceware drivers but they claimed it only should be effecting motherboards
using SIS chipsets. I have an Nforce2 chipset onboard my ABIT NF7S and it
made no difference to my problem. I tried loads of drivers upto version
71.24 with no luck.

So to cut a long story short. After trying many of the BIOS setting changes
e.t.c to no avail. I downloaded the latest nforce Unified drivers for
Windows XP version 5.10.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_5.10

Et voila problem gone!

All games no flicker at all and all is well with the world. Well my world
anyway.

I Also downgraded the drivers to 67.03 (7x.xx series seemed to have a
strange TV output sizeing problem) and still no problems.

Just thought I would share this with the group.

Sie