PDA

View Full Version : why did i use overclockers.co.uk

Kokoro
January 11th 05, 12:52 PM
ordered items on the 17th of Decemeber,

not here by last week, so i phoned amtrak, who were ment to be delivering
it and overclockers had put the wrong postcode on the items and they had
recieved them back...on the 21st of Decemeber. but no-one told me. I have
been charged for the items.

The Amtrak representative said he contacted overclockers about the mistake
and had arranged the order to be resent out. It will be there on monday.

today, tuesday, i phoned amtrak again. And was passed to another phone
number. I asked about my package. And overclockers had put the wrong
address on it again, this time it went to the same house number and street,
but in the wrong city. And the amtrak representative said they were unable
to inform overclockers themselves and i'd have to do it;... even though the
representative last week did it???

looking on the overclockers website for contacts and they no longer accept
emails, but prefer to use phone. But phoning any of their numbers results
in nothing but engaged tones.

What am I to do??

Kokoro
January 11th 05, 02:13 PM
In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Kokoro ordered an army of
hamsters to type:

> ordered items on the 17th of Decemeber,
>
> not here by last week, so i phoned amtrak, who were ment to be
> delivering it and overclockers had put the wrong postcode on the items
> and they had recieved them back...on the 21st of Decemeber. but
> no-one told me. I have been charged for the items.
>
> The Amtrak representative said he contacted overclockers about the
> mistake and had arranged the order to be resent out. It will be there
> on monday.
>
> today, tuesday, i phoned amtrak again. And was passed to another
> phone number. I asked about my package. And overclockers had put the
> wrong address on it again, this time it went to the same house number
> and street, but in the wrong city. And the amtrak representative said
> they were unable to inform overclockers themselves and i'd have to do
> it;... even though the representative last week did it???
>
> looking on the overclockers website for contacts and they no longer
> accept emails, but prefer to use phone. But phoning any of their
> numbers results in nothing but engaged tones.
>
> What am I to do??

update, finally got through on the phone and it is being shipped again.
This 6600GT is going to get here someday, hopefully.

40 PC SOCKET SET
January 11th 05, 03:16 PM
"Kokoro" > wrote in message
> In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Kokoro ordered an army of
> hamsters to type:

> update, finally got through on the phone and it is being shipped again.
> This 6600GT is going to get here someday, hopefully.

That is a relief. I already had my coat on, ready to take a trip down to
Beachy Head.

Jon

AprIsovertheworld
January 11th 05, 03:35 PM
"Kokoro" > wrote in message
> In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Kokoro ordered an army of
> hamsters to type:
>

> > ordered items on the 17th of Decemeber,
> >
> > not here by last week, so i phoned amtrak, who were ment to be
> > delivering it and overclockers had put the wrong postcode on the items
> > and they had recieved them back...on the 21st of Decemeber. but
> > no-one told me. I have been charged for the items.
> >
> > The Amtrak representative said he contacted overclockers about the
> > mistake and had arranged the order to be resent out. It will be there
> > on monday.
> >
> > today, tuesday, i phoned amtrak again. And was passed to another
> > phone number. I asked about my package. And overclockers had put the
> > wrong address on it again, this time it went to the same house number
> > and street, but in the wrong city. And the amtrak representative said
> > they were unable to inform overclockers themselves and i'd have to do
> > it;... even though the representative last week did it???
> >
> > looking on the overclockers website for contacts and they no longer
> > accept emails, but prefer to use phone. But phoning any of their
> > numbers results in nothing but engaged tones.
> >
> > What am I to do??
> >

> update, finally got through on the phone and it is being shipped again.
> This 6600GT is going to get here someday, hopefully.

overclockers.co.uk have a reputation of being sheep-shaggers, there are far
better sites from a price search.

NDF
January 11th 05, 04:08 PM
"Kokoro" > wrote in message

> ordered items on the 17th of Decemeber,
>
> not here by last week, so i phoned amtrak, who were ment to be delivering
> it and overclockers had put the wrong postcode on the items and they had
> recieved them back...on the 21st of Decemeber. but no-one told me. I
> have
> been charged for the items.
>
> The Amtrak representative said he contacted overclockers about the mistake
> and had arranged the order to be resent out. It will be there on monday.
>
> today, tuesday, i phoned amtrak again. And was passed to another phone
> number. I asked about my package. And overclockers had put the wrong
> address on it again, this time it went to the same house number and
> street,
> but in the wrong city. And the amtrak representative said they were
> unable
> to inform overclockers themselves and i'd have to do it;... even though
> the
> representative last week did it???
>
> looking on the overclockers website for contacts and they no longer accept
> emails, but prefer to use phone. But phoning any of their numbers results
> in nothing but engaged tones.
>
> What am I to do??

Why after all the running around you have had to do are you still prepared
to accept the goods ?

If I was in your shoes I would have cancelled the order and got the card
from somwhere else.

An e-tailer that doesn't accept emails is IMO doing something far wrong and
won't last long.

John Russell
January 11th 05, 05:22 PM
"NDF" > wrote in message

> "Kokoro" > wrote in message
>>
>> ordered items on the 17th of Decemeber,
>>
>> not here by last week, so i phoned amtrak, who were ment to be delivering
>> it and overclockers had put the wrong postcode on the items and they had
>> recieved them back...on the 21st of Decemeber. but no-one told me. I
>> have
>> been charged for the items.
>>
>> The Amtrak representative said he contacted overclockers about the
>> mistake
>> and had arranged the order to be resent out. It will be there on monday.
>>
>> today, tuesday, i phoned amtrak again. And was passed to another phone
>> number. I asked about my package. And overclockers had put the wrong
>> address on it again, this time it went to the same house number and
>> street,
>> but in the wrong city. And the amtrak representative said they were
>> unable
>> to inform overclockers themselves and i'd have to do it;... even though
>> the
>> representative last week did it???
>>
>> looking on the overclockers website for contacts and they no longer
>> accept
>> emails, but prefer to use phone. But phoning any of their numbers
>> results
>> in nothing but engaged tones.
>>
>> What am I to do??
>
> Why after all the running around you have had to do are you still prepared
> to accept the goods ?
>
> If I was in your shoes I would have cancelled the order and got the card
> from somwhere else.
>
> An e-tailer that doesn't accept emails is IMO doing something far wrong
> and won't last long.

.....and yet , when my Tagan PSU blew up on xmas eve (can't blame them for
that!) they where open between Xmas and New year, so that I returned it
before new year and they got me a replacment in the first week of the New
Year.

I've used some comapnies whcih take a month to decide if your returned good
are faulty or not!

As for email, poor service can only result in "abusive" emails and it's not
good sense to see the problem as the "emails", not the poor service!

NDF
January 11th 05, 07:01 PM
"John Russell" > wrote in message

> "NDF" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Kokoro" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> ordered items on the 17th of Decemeber,
>>>
>>> not here by last week, so i phoned amtrak, who were ment to be
>>> delivering
>>> it and overclockers had put the wrong postcode on the items and they had
>>> recieved them back...on the 21st of Decemeber. but no-one told me. I
>>> have
>>> been charged for the items.
>>>
>>> The Amtrak representative said he contacted overclockers about the
>>> mistake
>>> and had arranged the order to be resent out. It will be there on
>>> monday.
>>>
>>> today, tuesday, i phoned amtrak again. And was passed to another phone
>>> number. I asked about my package. And overclockers had put the wrong
>>> address on it again, this time it went to the same house number and
>>> street,
>>> but in the wrong city. And the amtrak representative said they were
>>> unable
>>> to inform overclockers themselves and i'd have to do it;... even though
>>> the
>>> representative last week did it???
>>>
>>> looking on the overclockers website for contacts and they no longer
>>> accept
>>> emails, but prefer to use phone. But phoning any of their numbers
>>> results
>>> in nothing but engaged tones.
>>>
>>> What am I to do??
>>
>> Why after all the running around you have had to do are you still
>> prepared to accept the goods ?
>>
>> If I was in your shoes I would have cancelled the order and got the card
>> from somwhere else.
>>
>> An e-tailer that doesn't accept emails is IMO doing something far wrong
>> and won't last long.
>>

> ....and yet , when my Tagan PSU blew up on xmas eve (can't blame them for
> that!) they where open between Xmas and New year, so that I returned it
> before new year and they got me a replacment in the first week of the New
> Year.
>
> I've used some comapnies whcih take a month to decide if your returned
> good are faulty or not!
>
> As for email, poor service can only result in "abusive" emails and it's
> not good sense to see the problem as the "emails", not the poor service!

Well I shall never use them after they sent out something which was
significantly different from it's description and then had the cheek to
refuse to refund me the shipping as I was returning the item as unwanted.

I eventually got a full refund after I threatened to take them to the Small
Claims Court, a move no customer should ever have to take.

As for the OP's issues, I can only assume they have monkeys working for
them, I mean how poor to get an address wrong twice.

Richard Dower
January 11th 05, 08:27 PM
"NDF" > wrote in message

> As for the OP's issues, I can only assume they have monkeys working for
> them, I mean how poor to get an address wrong twice.

Happened to me also, twice they got my address wrong after TWICE having to
call them to correct it. They cost me a fortune on calls as i am in Ireland.
I got a CPU cooler from them over the Xmas period and it arrived damaged,
now waiting for the RMA to arrive and see if it's ok.

Email support is gone, you can't get through to them on the phone....people
have been waiting hours to get through, disgrace.

Mark
January 12th 05, 04:04 PM
never had any problems with them. All companies are liable to cock up at
some time, thats life.

"Richard Dower" > wrote in message

> "NDF" > wrote in message
>
> > As for the OP's issues, I can only assume they have monkeys working for
> > them, I mean how poor to get an address wrong twice.
>
> Happened to me also, twice they got my address wrong after TWICE having to
> call them to correct it. They cost me a fortune on calls as i am in
Ireland.
> I got a CPU cooler from them over the Xmas period and it arrived damaged,
> now waiting for the RMA to arrive and see if it's ok.
>
> Email support is gone, you can't get through to them on the
phone....people
> have been waiting hours to get through, disgrace.

John Russell
January 12th 05, 06:55 PM
"Mark" > wrote in message
> never had any problems with them. All companies are liable to cock up at
> some time, thats life.

And they where one of the first companies to offer kit you could only read
US reviews about, and drool.
If these "small" companies didn't exist do we think we'd be getting
discounts from the bigger companies (pc world aside).

NDF
January 12th 05, 08:38 PM
"John Russell" > wrote in message

> "Mark" > wrote in message
>> never had any problems with them. All companies are liable to cock up at
>> some time, thats life.
>
> And they where one of the first companies to offer kit you could only read
> US reviews about, and drool.
> If these "small" companies didn't exist do we think we'd be getting
> discounts from the bigger companies (pc world aside).

Strange I can find very few items they sell unavailable elsewhere.

John Russell
January 12th 05, 09:08 PM
"NDF" > wrote in message

> "John Russell" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Mark" > wrote in message
>>> never had any problems with them. All companies are liable to cock up at
>>> some time, thats life.
>>
>> And they where one of the first companies to offer kit you could only
>> read US reviews about, and drool.
>> If these "small" companies didn't exist do we think we'd be getting
>> discounts from the bigger companies (pc world aside).
>>

> Strange I can find very few items they sell unavailable elsewhere.

I said they where one of the first. Others have followed.

NDF
January 12th 05, 10:19 PM
"John Russell" > wrote in message

> "NDF" > wrote in message

>>> And they where one of the first companies to offer kit you could only
>>> read US reviews about, and drool.
>>> If these "small" companies didn't exist do we think we'd be getting
>>> discounts from the bigger companies (pc world aside).
>>>

>> Strange I can find very few items they sell unavailable elsewhere.
>>

> I said they where one of the first. Others have followed.

All the more reason to provide a better service than they are at the moment.

Iain Dingsdale
January 14th 05, 12:59 PM
"AprIsovertheworld" > wrote in message

> "Kokoro" > wrote in message
>> In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Kokoro ordered an army of
>> hamsters to type:
>>

>> > ordered items on the 17th of Decemeber,
>> >
>> > not here by last week, so i phoned amtrak, who were ment to be
>> > delivering it and overclockers had put the wrong postcode on the items
>> > and they had recieved them back...on the 21st of Decemeber. but
>> > no-one told me. I have been charged for the items.
>> >
>> > The Amtrak representative said he contacted overclockers about the
>> > mistake and had arranged the order to be resent out. It will be there
>> > on monday.
>> >
>> > today, tuesday, i phoned amtrak again. And was passed to another
>> > phone number. I asked about my package. And overclockers had put the
>> > wrong address on it again, this time it went to the same house number
>> > and street, but in the wrong city. And the amtrak representative said
>> > they were unable to inform overclockers themselves and i'd have to do
>> > it;... even though the representative last week did it???
>> >
>> > looking on the overclockers website for contacts and they no longer
>> > accept emails, but prefer to use phone. But phoning any of their
>> > numbers results in nothing but engaged tones.
>> >
>> > What am I to do??
>> >

>> update, finally got through on the phone and it is being shipped again.
>> This 6600GT is going to get here someday, hopefully.
>
> overclockers.co.uk have a reputation of being sheep-shaggers, there are
> far
> better sites from a price search.

They've just got over 1000 of my money in several orders, and not a single
problem. Ok they dont use email and the phone is engaged normally, but if
you just try a few times you always get through to someone who knows what
they are talking about.
Amtrak on the other hands are complete donkeys and still dont believe me
that my house exists.

Iain Dingsdale
January 14th 05, 01:00 PM
"NDF" > wrote in message

> "Kokoro" > wrote in message
>>
>> ordered items on the 17th of Decemeber,
>>
>> not here by last week, so i phoned amtrak, who were ment to be delivering
>> it and overclockers had put the wrong postcode on the items and they had
>> recieved them back...on the 21st of Decemeber. but no-one told me. I
>> have
>> been charged for the items.
>>
>> The Amtrak representative said he contacted overclockers about the
>> mistake
>> and had arranged the order to be resent out. It will be there on monday.
>>
>> today, tuesday, i phoned amtrak again. And was passed to another phone
>> number. I asked about my package. And overclockers had put the wrong
>> address on it again, this time it went to the same house number and
>> street,
>> but in the wrong city. And the amtrak representative said they were
>> unable
>> to inform overclockers themselves and i'd have to do it;... even though
>> the
>> representative last week did it???
>>
>> looking on the overclockers website for contacts and they no longer
>> accept
>> emails, but prefer to use phone. But phoning any of their numbers
>> results
>> in nothing but engaged tones.
>>
>> What am I to do??
>
> Why after all the running around you have had to do are you still prepared
> to accept the goods ?
>
> If I was in your shoes I would have cancelled the order and got the card
> from somwhere else.
>
> An e-tailer that doesn't accept emails is IMO doing something far wrong
> and won't last long.

compare it to tekheads, who did the opposite and stopped taking phone calls.
When your computer is dead and all you can get is a recorded message telling
you to email them....that isnt good

carl
January 16th 05, 10:53 AM
I've ordered from OCUK for years and have never had a problem. Never had a
delivery from Amtrak though, perhaps it is them at fault?

Richard Dower
January 16th 05, 05:19 PM
"carl" > wrote in message
> I've ordered from OCUK for years and have never had a problem. Never had a
> delivery from Amtrak though, perhaps it is them at fault?

There are serious customer support and communiation problems at Overclockers
right now i assure you. And due to the way they have there forums set up and
can't say anything negative toward them or you'll get canned.

Scandal.