PDA

View Full Version : Re: gforce4 mx4000 glitches?

DaveL
January 9th 05, 03:02 AM
What do you mean by "mess up badly"? What does it do? Lock up the
computer?

DaveL

"jankin" > wrote in message
> IN a win2K system on an asus mobo, the nvidia card is running a bios
> of 4.18.20.36, and I have directX 9.0c installed, and I'm running the
> 6693 drivers. Normal desktop is fine, most games are fine, however -
> occasionally MYST IV - revelation and URU mess up badly. Refresh
> rate doesn't seem to matter (60, 70 or 72 Hz), resolution doesn't
> seem to matter (I normaly run at 1280x1024). The only cure is a cold
> reboot.
>
> Is there a decent diagnostic program out there that will let me
> troubleshoot this card? Thanks

DaveL
January 9th 05, 05:43 PM
Make sure the games are patched. You should make sure you have adequate
case ventilation. Do the games support DX7 hardware? If that does not help
try a newer beta driver.
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10

DaveL