PDA

View Full Version : flash locks up my GF ti300

Jon
November 7th 04, 07:29 PM
Running on a :
Abit KT7a Mobo
XP1800
512MB RAM
SB Live
Windows 2000
IE6

Whenever I access flash (.swf files) my system freezes completely- requiring
a reboot. It doesn't happen all the time but enough to get rather
annoying!! It happens when flash adverts are displayed on webpages or
whilst I'm working on a flash animation in Flash MX.

I've put an old Matrox g400 card in the same system and have not had a
problem. Once the Nvidia card goes back in it starts again. I was using the
latest Nvidia drivers and VIA AGP drivers at the time.

In every other espect the Nvidia card is stable and working fine (games
etc...) it just flash that upsets it?

Any ideas of something to try?

---

CapFusion
November 8th 04, 11:35 PM
"Jon" > wrote in message
> Running on a :
> Abit KT7a Mobo
> XP1800
> 512MB RAM
> SB Live
> Windows 2000
> IE6
>

> Whenever I access flash (.swf files) my system freezes completely-
> requiring
> a reboot. It doesn't happen all the time but enough to get rather
> annoying!! It happens when flash adverts are displayed on webpages or
> whilst I'm working on a flash animation in Flash MX.
>
> I've put an old Matrox g400 card in the same system and have not had a
> problem. Once the Nvidia card goes back in it starts again. I was using
> the
> latest Nvidia drivers and VIA AGP drivers at the time.
>
> In every other espect the Nvidia card is stable and working fine (games
> etc...) it just flash that upsets it?
>
> Any ideas of something to try?

Can you check if Flash have update / patches? I believed the latest should
be like 7.2.
http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/downloads.html#updaters

CapFusion,..