PDA

View Full Version : Doom3 & 5700le problems

Chris O'Brien
November 5th 04, 04:06 AM
Hi,
When I play doom3, I get these black bars that run horizontally from the
top of the screen to the bottom, blocking out the health and ammo, as
well as any text that is one the screen and generally making it very
difficult to play the game.
Does anyone know how to fix this, I'm using a GeForce 5700le card, with
the newest drivers from omegadrivers.com (1.6177).
I've changed the graphics quality, refresh rate, and resolution, and
have only been able to change the speed of the bars.

Anyone have a solution for this?
Thanks

RaceFace
November 5th 04, 06:59 AM
Try the 66.81 drivers, available on guru3d.com

"Chris O'Brien" > wrote in message
> Hi,
> When I play doom3, I get these black bars that run horizontally from the
> top of the screen to the bottom, blocking out the health and ammo, as well
> as any text that is one the screen and generally making it very difficult
> to play the game.
> Does anyone know how to fix this, I'm using a GeForce 5700le card, with
> the newest drivers from omegadrivers.com (1.6177).
> I've changed the graphics quality, refresh rate, and resolution, and have
> only been able to change the speed of the bars.
>
> Anyone have a solution for this?
> Thanks

dvus
November 5th 04, 01:47 PM
Chris O'Brien wrote:
> Hi,
> When I play doom3, I get these black bars that run horizontally from
> the top of the screen to the bottom, blocking out the health and
> ammo, as well as any text that is one the screen and generally making
> it very difficult to play the game.

I have the same card, unfortunately, but not those problems. Doom3 runs
so-so with framerates anywhere from 15 to 50, depending, but no bars.

> Does anyone know how to fix this, I'm using a GeForce 5700le card,
> with the newest drivers from omegadrivers.com (1.6177).
> I've changed the graphics quality, refresh rate, and resolution, and
> have only been able to change the speed of the bars.
>
> Anyone have a solution for this?
> Thanks

I had some weird stuff happen when I overclocked a little too aggressively.
Other stuff worked ok, but Doom3 didn't like it at all.

dvus

DaveW
November 6th 04, 01:35 AM
What CPU and RAM are you using. It's not just the video card that
determines Doom 3 playability.

--
DaveW

"Chris O'Brien" > wrote in message
> Hi,
> When I play doom3, I get these black bars that run horizontally from the
> top of the screen to the bottom, blocking out the health and ammo, as well
> as any text that is one the screen and generally making it very difficult
> to play the game.
> Does anyone know how to fix this, I'm using a GeForce 5700le card, with
> the newest drivers from omegadrivers.com (1.6177).
> I've changed the graphics quality, refresh rate, and resolution, and have
> only been able to change the speed of the bars.
>
> Anyone have a solution for this?
> Thanks

Chris O'Brien
November 6th 04, 03:36 AM
Thanks, I got the drivers, the game runs great now