PDA

View Full Version : New to NVidia - Which Card

Randall
November 2nd 04, 04:13 PM
I've a PVR set up using a PVR-250 as a capture card and an ATi 9600
(which I like) for caturing avi's and outputting to the TV.

I'm using BeyondTV as the PVR software, and it doesn't play nice with
the ATi card, "but" supposedly does with a NVidia.

My question is, which card would be a good choice that can capture and
output (DVI preferably) for this situation?

This is just a Media ( A/V ) PC.

Many thanks.

raj
November 2nd 04, 08:35 PM
I would look for a geforce 4 ti series card, find em on ebay. thier cheap
and yet still powereful.
"Randall" > wrote in message
> I've a PVR set up using a PVR-250 as a capture card and an ATi 9600
> (which I like) for caturing avi's and outputting to the TV.
>
> I'm using BeyondTV as the PVR software, and it doesn't play nice with
> the ATi card, "but" supposedly does with a NVidia.
>
> My question is, which card would be a good choice that can capture and
> output (DVI preferably) for this situation?
>
> This is just a Media ( A/V ) PC.
>
> Many thanks.

Silvertip
November 4th 04, 05:07 AM
I would go over to http://www.htpcnews.com/ and do a little checking around.
Another good place is avsforum.com and they also cover the htpc crowd.
Silvertip

"raj" > wrote in message
news:EjRhd.97904$%[email protected]
> I would look for a geforce 4 ti series card, find em on ebay. thier cheap
> and yet still powereful.
> "Randall" > wrote in message
> > I've a PVR set up using a PVR-250 as a capture card and an ATi 9600
> > (which I like) for caturing avi's and outputting to the TV.
> >
> > I'm using BeyondTV as the PVR software, and it doesn't play nice with
> > the ATi card, "but" supposedly does with a NVidia.
> >
> > My question is, which card would be a good choice that can capture and
> > output (DVI preferably) for this situation?
> >
> > This is just a Media ( A/V ) PC.
> >
> > Many thanks.

Randall
November 8th 04, 04:16 PM
>I would go over to http://www.htpcnews.com/ and do a little checking around.
>Another good place is avsforum.com and they also cover the htpc crowd.

Thanks will do.

>"raj" > wrote in message
>news:EjRhd.97904$%[email protected]
>> I would look for a geforce 4 ti series card, find em on ebay. thier cheap
>> and yet still powereful.
>> "Randall" > wrote in message
>> > I've a PVR set up using a PVR-250 as a capture card and an ATi 9600
>> > (which I like) for caturing avi's and outputting to the TV.
>> >
>> > I'm using BeyondTV as the PVR software, and it doesn't play nice with
>> > the ATi card, "but" supposedly does with a NVidia.
>> >
>> > My question is, which card would be a good choice that can capture and
>> > output (DVI preferably) for this situation?
>> >
>> > This is just a Media ( A/V ) PC.
>> >
>> > Many thanks.

Randall
November 8th 04, 04:16 PM
>I would look for a geforce 4 ti series card, find em on ebay. thier cheap
>and yet still powereful.

But does NVidia make aVIVO?