PDA

View Full Version : video setting not kept

jrbareta
October 27th 04, 05:15 PM
I have uninstalled and reintalled nvidia drivera and look at the boot log
for errors and followed instructions for drive cleaner 3 and the reinstalled
nvida drivers and I still have a problem.

Problem: Nvidia 5900 on a win xp pro system. There is a duel boot to another
win xp pro system with the same video drivers installed. It works ok.

On the win xp system with problems. When the system is booted/rebooted the
video driver shows up in device manager as the nvidia 5900 overlayed with a
yellow ?. If you specify update drivers and then specify the driver, it
updates it and the question mark disappears. The I go and set the dimensions
as 1024X768 and the monitor refresh rate as 85 mhz. Save it. But on reboot
it resets to back to the yellow ?.

Does anyone have any idea as to what is happening ?
Btw - I put anti gremlin powder around the tower case.

DaveL
October 28th 04, 12:55 AM
Why are you dual booting? What is different about the other XP install? I
think you have some kind of conflict.

DaveL