PDA

View Full Version : FarCry 1.3 patch is out!!!

Alex
October 25th 04, 08:22 PM
http://www.farcry.ubi.com/

guess
October 26th 04, 02:34 AM
Excellent!! I might try reinstalling it, and see if I get all my sound when
I play.

"Alex" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> http://www.farcry.ubi.com/

N´far
October 26th 04, 09:01 PM
"Cole Turner" > skrev i en meddelelse
> ... there came a great "Alex" <[email protected]> flying, and he bore tidings
> beyond hope, crying:
>
> >http://www.farcry.ubi.com/
> >

> good news :)
> --
> Johnny: [plugging back in the runway lights]
> "Just kidding."
> ('Airplane!', 1980)

Unfort. a major FPS decrease.

66.81, 1024x768/VH/UH only arround 20 to 35 FPS.

What did I do wrong ? ;-)

@ndrew
October 26th 04, 09:44 PM
N4far wrote:

> "Cole Turner" > skrev i en
> meddelelse ...
> > ... there came a great "Alex" <[email protected]> flying, and he bore
> > tidings beyond hope, crying:
> >
> > > http://www.farcry.ubi.com/
> > >

> > good news :)
> > --
> > Johnny: [plugging back in the runway lights]
> > "Just kidding."
> > ('Airplane!', 1980)
>
> Unfort. a major FPS decrease.
>
> 66.81, 1024x768/VH/UH only arround 20 to 35 FPS.
>
> What did I do wrong ? ;-)

Hard to tell because we don't know what video card you are using.

regards

@ndrew

N´far
October 26th 04, 10:27 PM
"@ndrew" <andrewratinternodedotondotnet> skrev i en meddelelse

> Hard to tell because we don't know what video card you are using.

6800LE

Richard Dower
October 26th 04, 11:03 PM
"N´far" > wrote in message
. ..

> 6800LE

LOL!

Friendly Guru
October 27th 04, 05:31 AM
"Alex" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> http://www.farcry.ubi.com/

1.3 Works flawlessly so far on my 2K/6800/3000+ box.

I tried _hdr, and I wasn't very impressed, no more so than say, "Improved"
under shader selections, or "Paradise".

FPS did drop, but 10x7 was still playable and fun with _hdr=7.

Scotter
October 27th 04, 05:34 AM
What is "_hdr=7"?

Friendly Guru
October 27th 04, 04:13 PM
"Cole Turner" > wrote in message

> sorry for the noob question, but what is hdr?

HDR, in Far Cry is, "High Dynamic Range" a special rendering method using
vivd coloring and lighting techniques.

Check out the entry in TweakGuides, and the myriad other complex entries to
personalize FC.

http://www.tweakguides.com/Farcry_9.html

Shaders are proving themselves to be valuable resources....

N´far
October 27th 04, 04:16 PM
"Richard Dower" > skrev i en meddelelse

> "N´far" > wrote in message
> . ..
>
> > 6800LE
>
> LOL!

"I am eternally grateful for your answer, which not only completely
solved my problem with the FPS drop but will also magically turn the
rest of my life into bliss. So please give me your address so that I
can send you a $500 check, no, make that a blank check -- your advice
was that good. ;)"

*larrymoencurly, 10-06-04

Chip
October 28th 04, 04:43 PM
"N´far" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Cole Turner" > skrev i en meddelelse
>> ... there came a great "Alex" <[email protected]> flying, and he bore tidings
>> beyond hope, crying:
>>
>> >http://www.farcry.ubi.com/
>> >

>> good news :)
>> --
>> Johnny: [plugging back in the runway lights]
>> "Just kidding."
>> ('Airplane!', 1980)
>
> Unfort. a major FPS decrease.

And its borked on my PC. Can't lift the gun in the air, which was a little
frustrating with a bunch of mercenaries bearing down on me.

I think I am going to uninstall and go back to 1.2.

Chip