PDA

View Full Version : Video colour problems with GeForce4 MX 420

Andy Parkinson
October 21st 04, 01:00 PM
This just started happening a couple of days ago, I'm not aware of anything
I did that started it. When playing a video (of any sort - DivX, WMV, etc)
the colours are wrong - flesh tones look green, etc. This is in Windows
Media, RealPlayer, and other apps, but not Quicktime. Turning down video
acceleration (Tools > Options > Performance tab) in Windows Media to the
middle setting cures this, but why should full acceleration give me this
problem? I've updated drivers, codecs, DirectX, and tried with a number of
different programs - all with no joy.
Anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening?
Thanks
Andy

CapFusion
October 21st 04, 05:44 PM
"Andy Parkinson" > wrote in message
> This just started happening a couple of days ago, I'm not aware of
> anything I did that started it. When playing a video (of any sort - DivX,
> WMV, etc) the colours are wrong - flesh tones look green, etc. This is in
> Windows Media, RealPlayer, and other apps, but not Quicktime. Turning
> down video acceleration (Tools > Options > Performance tab) in Windows
> Media to the middle setting cures this, but why should full acceleration
> give me this problem? I've updated drivers, codecs, DirectX, and tried
> with a number of different programs - all with no joy.
> Anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening?
> Thanks
> Andy

If you have done the obviuos like driver install etc....
Your GeForce4 MX420 hardware maybe at failing.
Check if heat is the cause.

CapFusion,...

nj
October 21st 04, 09:12 PM
"Andy Parkinson" > wrote in message
> This just started happening a couple of days ago, I'm not aware of
> anything I did that started it. When playing a video (of any sort - DivX,
> WMV, etc) the colours are wrong - flesh tones look green, etc. This is in
> Windows Media, RealPlayer, and other apps, but not Quicktime. Turning
> down video acceleration (Tools > Options > Performance tab) in Windows
> Media to the middle setting cures this, but why should full acceleration
> give me this problem? I've updated drivers, codecs, DirectX, and tried
> with a number of different programs - all with no joy.
> Anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening?
> Thanks
> Andy

Check Video overlay settings, I'd guess the Hue setting has been changed by
something.