PDA

View Full Version : just got an AMD 64 system and...

Anthony
October 15th 04, 04:22 PM
Its awsome but my 3dmark score was only like uhh 337 LOL so I am wondering
if I forgot something. My system specs are the following:

AMD 64 3000+
1 gig 3200 DDR 2
geforce fx 5600 ultra 128mb DDR
gigabyte kns8 motherboard 754 socket

just feels like I forgot to install something I dunno though starwars
galaxies though runs smooth now havent had time to test doom 3 yet though.
PRevious system was a amd 26000+ and to get scores of 5-6k.

Richard Dower
October 15th 04, 04:43 PM
"Anthony" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

>I am wondering if I forgot something.

You forgot to get a better graphics card.

>My system specs are the following:
>
> AMD 64 3000+
> 1 gig 3200 DDR 2
> geforce fx 5600 ultra 128mb DDR
> gigabyte kns8 motherboard 754 socket
>
> just feels like I forgot to install something I dunno though starwars
> galaxies though runs smooth now havent had time to test doom 3 yet though.
> PRevious system was a amd 26000+ and to get scores of 5-6k.

Anthony
October 15th 04, 06:32 PM
Yeah that is on my to do list. But it worked well on an older system. AH
well benchamark scores dont matter anyway as long as my games are flying i
am happy

Anthony

"Richard Dower" > wrote in message
> "Anthony" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
>>I am wondering if I forgot something.
>
> You forgot to get a better graphics card.
>

>>My system specs are the following:
>>
>> AMD 64 3000+
>> 1 gig 3200 DDR 2
>> geforce fx 5600 ultra 128mb DDR
>> gigabyte kns8 motherboard 754 socket
>>
>> just feels like I forgot to install something I dunno though starwars
>> galaxies though runs smooth now havent had time to test doom 3 yet
>> though. PRevious system was a amd 26000+ and to get scores of 5-6k.

CapFusion
October 15th 04, 07:07 PM
"Anthony" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Its awsome but my 3dmark score was only like uhh 337 LOL so I am
> wondering if I forgot something. My system specs are the following:
>
> AMD 64 3000+
> 1 gig 3200 DDR 2
> geforce fx 5600 ultra 128mb DDR
> gigabyte kns8 motherboard 754 socket
>
> just feels like I forgot to install something I dunno though starwars
> galaxies though runs smooth now havent had time to test doom 3 yet though.
> PRevious system was a amd 26000+ and to get scores of 5-6k.

FX5600 should score about that range on 3DMark05 [I assumed due to starwars
galaxies description].

CapFusion,...

Courseyauto
October 15th 04, 07:23 PM
>Yeah that is on my to do list. But it worked well on an older >system. AH
>well benchamark scores dont matter anyway as long as my >games are flying i
>am happy

>Anthony

Yea ,playing games is a lot more funner than playing benchmaks.

Spajky
October 16th 04, 06:40 PM
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:22:00 -0500, "Anthony" >
wrote:

>AMD 64 3000+
>1 gig 3200 DDR 2

"Fsb" speed ??? 200MHz ?

>gigabyte kns8 motherboard 754 socket

chipset? nForce3 ?

PS.: can you make mem bench with this please?

The REAL life memory bench 4 true direct comparision with other
sistems /Alt+B/ : WinRAR3.3 :
http://users.volja.net/jerman55/WinRAR33.exe (816kB)

[for example: 40% better result speeds the system for 10% if run mem
in sync with Fsb; if not only for 8%!]

Please post the result here ... TIA ...

--
Regards, SPAJKY ®
E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##

@ndrew
October 16th 04, 09:31 PM
Spajky wrote:

> PS.: can you make mem bench with this please?
>
> The REAL life memory bench 4 true direct comparision with other
> sistems /Alt+B/ : WinRAR3.3 :
> http://users.volja.net/jerman55/WinRAR33.exe (816kB)
>
> [for example: 40% better result speeds the system for 10% if run mem
> in sync with Fsb; if not only for 8%!]
>
> Please post the result here ... TIA ...

Just a footnote here my AV scanner shows this file has a keypress
logger download and use at your own RISK.

regards

@ndrew

Spajky
October 16th 04, 10:09 PM
On 17 Oct 2004 06:21:43 +0950, "@ndrew"
<andrewratinternodedotondotnet> wrote:

>Just a footnote here my AV scanner shows this file has a keypress
>logger download and use at your own RISK.

mine NOD does not say anything, could be false positive... but to be
sure, DL-it from www.rarlab.com ..
--
Regards, SPAJKY ®
E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##