PDA

View Full Version : The latest driver di NVIDIA Geoforce4 MX440 with AGP8x

Adriano
October 13th 04, 07:07 PM
Hi, what is the latest driver NVIDIA Geoforce4 MX440 with AGP8x?
I have the v. 4.2.3.0
Thanks

bye Adriano

BK24
October 13th 04, 08:41 PM
"Adriano" > wrote in message
> Hi, what is the latest driver NVIDIA Geoforce4 MX440 with AGP8x?
> I have the v. 4.2.3.0
> Thanks
>

> bye Adriano
I would say your better off to stay where your at. Despite what they claim,
newer drivers are geared for the FX cards, not older MX and TI series cards.

CapFusion
October 13th 04, 08:43 PM
"Adriano" > wrote in message
> Hi, what is the latest driver NVIDIA Geoforce4 MX440 with AGP8x?
> I have the v. 4.2.3.0
> Thanks
>

> bye Adriano

This link will bring you to the lastest nVidia driver -
Select Graphic Driver > GeForce and TNT > your OS.

CapFusion,...

Adriano
October 13th 04, 08:49 PM
>This link will bring you to the lastest nVidia driver -
>http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
>Select Graphic Driver > GeForce and TNT > your OS.

I'm sorrry, I knew that link but I am not sure what I have to download
precisely. I use Win XP Pro.
Perhaps it is better I don't replace mi driver. :)
Thanks

Tj
October 13th 04, 09:24 PM
All nvidia cards use same driver. just make sure you pick the one for XP. If
it ain't broke don't fix it!

"Adriano" > wrote in message
> >This link will bring you to the lastest nVidia driver -
>>http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
>>Select Graphic Driver > GeForce and TNT > your OS.
>
> I'm sorrry, I knew that link but I am not sure what I have to download
> precisely. I use Win XP Pro.
> Perhaps it is better I don't replace mi driver. :)
> Thanks

Adriano
October 13th 04, 10:15 PM
>All nvidia cards use same driver. just make sure you pick the one for XP. If
>it ain't broke don't fix it!

Can you verify if I have downloaded the right driver?
It is:
Version: 61.77
Release Date: July 27, 2004

thanks

CapFusion
October 13th 04, 10:28 PM
This suggestion alway the best.
***
it ain't broke don't fix it!
***

CapFusion,...

"Tj" > wrote in message
> All nvidia cards use same driver. just make sure you pick the one for XP.
> If it ain't broke don't fix it!
>
> "Adriano" > wrote in message
>> >This link will bring you to the lastest nVidia driver -
>>>http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
>>>Select Graphic Driver > GeForce and TNT > your OS.
>>
>> I'm sorrry, I knew that link but I am not sure what I have to download
>> precisely. I use Win XP Pro.
>> Perhaps it is better I don't replace mi driver. :)
>> Thanks

Adriano
October 13th 04, 10:28 PM
Yes, I have downloaded the right driver but now I don't understand.
I thought it was a driver and not a software.
It is a software for NVIDIA and I don't like it, I want a driver.
The driver that has to replace my old version v. 4.2.3.0
I'm sorry if I have done a real mess. I'm sorry!
thanks

CapFusion
October 13th 04, 10:37 PM
"Adriano" > wrote in message
> >All nvidia cards use same driver. just make sure you pick the one for XP.
> >If
>>it ain't broke don't fix it!
>
> Can you verify if I have downloaded the right driver?
> It is:
> Version: 61.77
> Release Date: July 27, 2004
>
> thanks

It seem like you need hand-holding :
For Windows 2000 and XP driver -
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77

CapFusion,...

CapFusion
October 13th 04, 10:44 PM
"Adriano" > wrote in message
> Yes, I have downloaded the right driver but now I don't understand.
> I thought it was a driver and not a software.
> It is a software for NVIDIA and I don't like it, I want a driver.
> The driver that has to replace my old version v. 4.2.3.0
> I'm sorry if I have done a real mess. I'm sorry!
> thanks

If you download a file from this link -
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77
It is a driver.
Driver is software.

Can you clarify this *** It is a software for NVIDIA and I don't like it, I
want a driver.*** ?
If I understand you correctly, if you do not like it, then do not use it.
Again, from suggestion of other. If you do not have problem with the current
working state, do not try to fix it unless you want to break something.

I receiving alot PC services due to this kind of reason alone.

CapFusion,...

Thor
October 13th 04, 10:49 PM
6177 is one of the latest Nvidia Geforce drivers. That is the version that
I'm running. Do not mistake it for something else, merely because it has a
setup installation program that looks like a software application at first.
Run the setup.exe and it should install the driver for you.

"Adriano" > wrote in message
> Yes, I have downloaded the right driver but now I don't understand.
> I thought it was a driver and not a software.
> It is a software for NVIDIA and I don't like it, I want a driver.
> The driver that has to replace my old version v. 4.2.3.0
> I'm sorry if I have done a real mess. I'm sorry!
> thanks

DaveW
October 14th 04, 12:22 AM
You should be able run 45.23 stabley.

--
DaveW

"Adriano" > wrote in message
> Hi, what is the latest driver NVIDIA Geoforce4 MX440 with AGP8x?
> I have the v. 4.2.3.0
> Thanks
>

> bye Adriano

Adriano
October 14th 04, 04:48 PM
>6177 is one of the latest Nvidia Geforce drivers. That is the version that
>I'm running. Do not mistake it for something else, merely because it has a
>setup installation program that looks like a software application at first.
>Run the setup.exe and it should install the driver for you.

I have just installed it and I am happy.
But I don't like to see the icon on the toolbar on the bottom on the
right.
Can I delete that icon?
Thanks

CapFusion
October 14th 04, 06:01 PM
"Adriano" > wrote in message
> >6177 is one of the latest Nvidia Geforce drivers. That is the version
> >that
>>I'm running. Do not mistake it for something else, merely because it has a
>>setup installation program that looks like a software application at
>>first.
>>Run the setup.exe and it should install the driver for you.
>
> I have just installed it and I am happy.
> But I don't like to see the icon on the toolbar on the bottom on the
> right.
> Can I delete that icon?
> Thanks

Goto Display Properties > Setting > Advance > GeForce [tab] >
Troubleshooting > uncheck "Display the NVIDIA Setting icon in the taskbar".

CapFusion,...

Adriano
October 14th 04, 06:20 PM
>Goto Display Properties > Setting > Advance > GeForce [tab] >
>Troubleshooting > uncheck "Display the NVIDIA Setting icon in the taskbar".

Thanks very much

CapFusion
October 14th 04, 06:23 PM
"Adriano" > wrote in message
> >Goto Display Properties > Setting > Advance > GeForce [tab] >
>>Troubleshooting > uncheck "Display the NVIDIA Setting icon in the
>>taskbar".
>
> Thanks very much

You are SO welcome.

CapFusion,...