PDA

View Full Version : Sims 2 hang when saving a new sim

Texas
October 11th 04, 07:45 PM
Hi all,

I bought this week the EA game SIMS 2 game, and installed it to our PC
( 512 Mb ram, 3D Blaster 4 Nivida MX420 64 Mb, Realtek ac97 sound, AMD
athalon 2400+, win98) but can not get it to work for long;

I have installed latest videodriver (directx 9.0c, nvdisp.drv
4.14.0010.4404)
I have try turn off some part of windows system.
I have turn off all running programs (anitvirus)
I have run AD-aware to remove hijack programs.

The program allways hang when i try to save my first sim.
then i only have to reboot the whole computer.

Please send any ideÚs to solve this.

Thank you,

Brenden D. Chase
October 11th 04, 08:23 PM
Texas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I bought this week the EA game SIMS 2 game, and installed it to our PC
> ( 512 Mb ram, 3D Blaster 4 Nivida MX420 64 Mb, Realtek ac97 sound, AMD
> athalon 2400+, win98) but can not get it to work for long;
>
> I have installed latest videodriver (directx 9.0c, nvdisp.drv
> 4.14.0010.4404)
> I have try turn off some part of windows system.
> I have turn off all running programs (anitvirus)
> I have run AD-aware to remove hijack programs.
>
> The program allways hang when i try to save my first sim.
> then i only have to reboot the whole computer.
>
> Please send any ideÚs to solve this.
>
> Thank you,

i would suggest running scandisk, and choose the option to do a surface
scan. If you need detailed instruction search the internet for scandisk
help.

--Brenden