PDA

View Full Version : nvidia problems

bhash the bishop
October 8th 04, 01:23 PM
Have a GeForceFX 5200-8X PCI card (As PC has no AGP slot)

Anyway when playing a game for more than say 15 mins the PC just shuts down.

Any ideas please?

Alex

Cari
October 8th 04, 05:37 PM
"bhash the bishop" > wrote in message
> Have a GeForceFX 5200-8X PCI card (As PC has no AGP slot)
>
> Anyway when playing a game for more than say 15 mins the PC just shuts
> down.
>
> Any ideas please?
>
> Alex
Sounds like insufficient cooling.
www.coribright.com

bhash the bishop
October 8th 04, 06:18 PM
"Cari" > wrote in message
link.net...
> "bhash the bishop" > wrote in message
>> Have a GeForceFX 5200-8X PCI card (As PC has no AGP slot)
>>
>> Anyway when playing a game for more than say 15 mins the PC just shuts
>> down.
>>
>> Any ideas please?
>>
>> Alex
> Sounds like insufficient cooling.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
> www.coribright.com

Yes but was working fine til hard drive died, have re installed new HD and
now card keeps crashing.
Alex

CapFusion
October 8th 04, 07:02 PM
"bhash the bishop" > wrote in message
> Have a GeForceFX 5200-8X PCI card (As PC has no AGP slot)
>
> Anyway when playing a game for more than say 15 mins the PC just shuts
> down.
>
> Any ideas please?
>
> Alex

Sorry, it seem like ESP abilities can not locate or see your setup from
remotely. Is your firewall enable or on?
Since ESP is not working correctly. Then I can only assumed.
Your possible problem may related to heat issue. Most likely your FX5200 do
not have FAN but only the heatsink for cooling.
What game is this? Normally 3D saturate type of game will cause "Fanless"
card to overheat which end result will cause your PC to freeze / hang.

You can try this and see if it improve abit.
Runing the game while your PC cover is open. Or also try using your house
hold fan and point directly to your FX5200 and see if it improve or last
longer then 15 min.? If it does, then this is your problem. You will need to
purchase some type of cooling system to cool your FX5200 card.

CapFusion,...

CapFusion,....

CapFusion
October 8th 04, 07:45 PM
"bhash the bishop" > wrote in message

> "Cari" > wrote in message
> link.net...
>> "bhash the bishop" > wrote in message
>>> Have a GeForceFX 5200-8X PCI card (As PC has no AGP slot)
>>>
>>> Anyway when playing a game for more than say 15 mins the PC just shuts
>>> down.
>>>
>>> Any ideas please?
>>>
>>> Alex
>> Sounds like insufficient cooling.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
>> www.coribright.com
>>

> Yes but was working fine til hard drive died, have re installed new HD and
> now card keeps crashing.
> Alex

Humm... can you check if your PSU feel warm or hot?
Your new HD may not last long.

CapFusion,...

bhash the bishop
October 8th 04, 08:39 PM
"CapFusion" > wrote in message

> "bhash the bishop" > wrote in message
>> Have a GeForceFX 5200-8X PCI card (As PC has no AGP slot)
>>
>> Anyway when playing a game for more than say 15 mins the PC just shuts
>> down.
>>
>> Any ideas please?
>>
>> Alex
>
> Sorry, it seem like ESP abilities can not locate or see your setup from
> remotely. Is your firewall enable or on?
> Since ESP is not working correctly. Then I can only assumed.
> Your possible problem may related to heat issue. Most likely your FX5200
> do not have FAN but only the heatsink for cooling.
> What game is this? Normally 3D saturate type of game will cause "Fanless"
> card to overheat which end result will cause your PC to freeze / hang.
>
> You can try this and see if it improve abit.
> Runing the game while your PC cover is open. Or also try using your house
> hold fan and point directly to your FX5200 and see if it improve or last
> longer then 15 min.? If it does, then this is your problem. You will need
> to purchase some type of cooling system to cool your FX5200 card.
>
> CapFusion,...
>
> CapFusion,....

driver version 6.6.7.2

CapFusion
October 8th 04, 10:03 PM
"bhash the bishop" > wrote in message

> "CapFusion" > wrote in message
>>
>> "bhash the bishop" > wrote in message
>>> Have a GeForceFX 5200-8X PCI card (As PC has no AGP slot)
>>>
>>> Anyway when playing a game for more than say 15 mins the PC just shuts
>>> down.
>>>
>>> Any ideas please?
>>>
>>> Alex
>>
>> Sorry, it seem like ESP abilities can not locate or see your setup from
>> remotely. Is your firewall enable or on?
>> Since ESP is not working correctly. Then I can only assumed.
>> Your possible problem may related to heat issue. Most likely your FX5200
>> do not have FAN but only the heatsink for cooling.
>> What game is this? Normally 3D saturate type of game will cause "Fanless"
>> card to overheat which end result will cause your PC to freeze / hang.
>>
>> You can try this and see if it improve abit.
>> Runing the game while your PC cover is open. Or also try using your house
>> hold fan and point directly to your FX5200 and see if it improve or last
>> longer then 15 min.? If it does, then this is your problem. You will need
>> to purchase some type of cooling system to cool your FX5200 card.
>>
>> CapFusion,...
>>
>> CapFusion,....
>>

> driver version 6.6.7.2

"driver version 6.6.7.2" and the rest are?
Please explain..... Did the rest of your reply get cut-off or simply
missing?

CapFusion,...

bp
October 9th 04, 02:31 AM
On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 16:37:35 GMT, "Cari" >
wrote:

>"bhash the bishop" > wrote in message
>> Have a GeForceFX 5200-8X PCI card (As PC has no AGP slot)
>>
>> Anyway when playing a game for more than say 15 mins the PC just shuts
>> down.
>>
>> Any ideas please?
>>
>> Alex
>Sounds like insufficient cooling.
Could be PSU also. I had a bad PSU and it would just shut down after
about 15 minutes when playing games. I thought it was cooling for a
long time but after buying a new PSU it never happened again.

..