PDA

View Full Version : stupid Geforce2 Q

David Fleischer
October 3rd 04, 09:12 PM
I'm having the darndest time figuring this out but maybe someone here can
tell me (or at least point me in the right direction!)
I have, in my computer, a Geforce2 MX 100/200.

A friend has offered me a Geforece2 MX Pine 32 mb w / TV out.

Having been out of the game for a bit I have no clue which card is better
and have run into a brick wall in trying to find the specs for either card.

Help!
Thanks,
David Fleischer

Phil
October 3rd 04, 09:50 PM
"David Fleischer" > wrote in message
> I'm having the darndest time figuring this out but maybe someone here can
> tell me (or at least point me in the right direction!)
> I have, in my computer, a Geforce2 MX 100/200.
>
> A friend has offered me a Geforece2 MX Pine 32 mb w / TV out.
>
> Having been out of the game for a bit I have no clue which card is better
> and have run into a brick wall in trying to find the specs for either
> card.
>
> Help!
> Thanks,
> David Fleischer

Well Google suggests the Geforce 2 MX Pine is a GF2 MX200, so I should
imagine they're pretty much identical!

Biz
October 3rd 04, 10:00 PM
They are both GF2 MX cards, so the difference will be little to none. Those
cards are so old and slow they arent good for anything but doorstops anyway.
I still have one in one of my machines as well.

"David Fleischer" > wrote in message
> I'm having the darndest time figuring this out but maybe someone here can
> tell me (or at least point me in the right direction!)
> I have, in my computer, a Geforce2 MX 100/200.
>
> A friend has offered me a Geforece2 MX Pine 32 mb w / TV out.
>
> Having been out of the game for a bit I have no clue which card is better
> and have run into a brick wall in trying to find the specs for either
card.

> Help!
> Thanks,
> David Fleischer

J. Clarke
October 5th 04, 02:42 PM
David Fleischer wrote:

> I'm having the darndest time figuring this out but maybe someone here can
> tell me (or at least point me in the right direction!)
> I have, in my computer, a Geforce2 MX 100/200.
>
> A friend has offered me a Geforece2 MX Pine 32 mb w / TV out.
>
> Having been out of the game for a bit I have no clue which card is better
> and have run into a brick wall in trying to find the specs for either
> card.

If your current board does not have TV out and you want TV out then your
friend's board would be a worthwhile exchange. Otherwise there's not going
to be enough difference between them to justify the effort of swapping the
board, minimal though it may be.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)