PDA

View Full Version : Fastest PCI card? (NOT PCI express)

Nicolai
October 2nd 04, 02:38 PM
Nvidia suggestions please.

What are my friends options? (no agp...)

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Nicolai

J. Clarke
October 2nd 04, 03:45 PM
Nicolai wrote:

> Nvidia suggestions please.
>
> What are my friends options? (no agp...)

There's a 5600 or 5700 available from one vendor with PCI. That would be
the fastest available PCI board as far as I know. Don't have the link
offhand but if you google the archive for this newsgroup you should be able
to find it--it's been discussed several times.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Jim
October 2nd 04, 04:19 PM
Yea upgrade your pc.
"Nicolai" > wrote in message
. ..
> Nvidia suggestions please.
>
> What are my friends options? (no agp...)
>
> --
> Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
> Nicolai

Nicolai
October 2nd 04, 05:11 PM
> Yea upgrade your pc.

Not exactly what I asked was it? The PC is new but bought for office use with
no agp...

RaceFace
October 3rd 04, 12:32 AM
"Nicolai" > wrote in message
. ..
>> Yea upgrade your pc.
>
> Not exactly what I asked was it? The PC is new but bought for office use
> with no agp...

heh, if it's for office use, why does it matter what the video card is? :D

Jim
October 3rd 04, 05:36 PM
sorry about being a smart ass with the upgrade you pc comment. If its for
office work a good 2D card like a matrox will usually do really well.
"Jim" > wrote in message
> Yea upgrade your pc.
> "Nicolai" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> Nvidia suggestions please.
>>
>> What are my friends options? (no agp...)
>>
>> --
>> Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
>> Nicolai

Nicolai
October 3rd 04, 06:11 PM
> sorry about being a smart ass with the upgrade you pc comment. If its for
> office work a good 2D card like a matrox will usually do really well.

Lol np, that was what I told my mate 2 ;)