PDA

View Full Version : Albatron FX5200LPv2.0 - 128MB

Joseph Mouhanna
September 30th 04, 09:25 PM
I built a new system with an Intel Motherboard (Intel D865PERL), and an
Albatron FX5200LPV2.0, 128MB video card. Following the initial XP Pro
install, a generic video driver is installed (VgaSave). Everything works
fine, and I can all the resolutions. If I look in the Control Panel, I see
that the Video Card was not recognized, but nevertheless everything works
fine. When I install the latest nVidia driver, the screen starting blanking
every few seconds, and eventually I get a message telling me that the nVidia
driver has stopped working normally. The same happens if I install the
Microsoft certified driver (supplied with XP SP2).

I went to the Albatron web site, and received useless advice (upgrade BIOS,
and get latest drivers from nVidia, which I'd already done).

Anyone seen this problem, or has a workaround?

CapFusion
September 30th 04, 10:58 PM
"Joseph Mouhanna" > wrote in
message news:[email protected]
>I built a new system with an Intel Motherboard (Intel D865PERL), and an
>Albatron FX5200LPV2.0, 128MB video card. Following the initial XP Pro
>install, a generic video driver is installed (VgaSave). Everything works
>fine, and I can all the resolutions. If I look in the Control Panel, I see
>that the Video Card was not recognized, but nevertheless everything works
>fine. When I install the latest nVidia driver, the screen starting blanking
>every few seconds, and eventually I get a message telling me that the
>nVidia driver has stopped working normally. The same happens if I install
>the Microsoft certified driver (supplied with XP SP2).
>
> I went to the Albatron web site, and received useless advice (upgrade
> BIOS, and get latest drivers from nVidia, which I'd already done).
>
> Anyone seen this problem, or has a workaround?

Your problem almost the same as of another user that describe about the same
except his problem regarding DVI will not display but analog with SP2.
IIRC, he just uninstall nvidia driver and restart Windows to redetect and
reinstall by itself. See if this will fix your problem too.

CapFusion,...

Joseph Mouhanna
October 1st 04, 01:05 AM
Thanks. I un-installed, and rebooted the system. When it came back up, the
Microsoft driver was re-installed, but the problem was gone. I've been
dealing with this for a couple of days. Is this an SP2 problem or a driver
problem?

"CapFusion" > wrote in message

> "Joseph Mouhanna" > wrote in
> message news:[email protected]
>>I built a new system with an Intel Motherboard (Intel D865PERL), and an
>>Albatron FX5200LPV2.0, 128MB video card. Following the initial XP Pro
>>install, a generic video driver is installed (VgaSave). Everything works
>>fine, and I can all the resolutions. If I look in the Control Panel, I see
>>that the Video Card was not recognized, but nevertheless everything works
>>fine. When I install the latest nVidia driver, the screen starting
>>blanking every few seconds, and eventually I get a message telling me that
>>the nVidia driver has stopped working normally. The same happens if I
>>install the Microsoft certified driver (supplied with XP SP2).
>>
>> I went to the Albatron web site, and received useless advice (upgrade
>> BIOS, and get latest drivers from nVidia, which I'd already done).
>>
>> Anyone seen this problem, or has a workaround?
>>
> Your problem almost the same as of another user that describe about the
> same except his problem regarding DVI will not display but analog with
> SP2.
> IIRC, he just uninstall nvidia driver and restart Windows to redetect and
> reinstall by itself. See if this will fix your problem too.
>
> CapFusion,...

CapFusion
October 1st 04, 01:53 AM
I do not think a SP2 problem [other may think otherwise]. I have installed
SP2 about 30 or PC already with nVidia base card and other type too without
any problem.
Updating existing PC and also from scratch without any issue.

CapFusion,...

"Joseph Mouhanna" > wrote in
message news:[email protected]
> Thanks. I un-installed, and rebooted the system. When it came back up, the
> Microsoft driver was re-installed, but the problem was gone. I've been
> dealing with this for a couple of days. Is this an SP2 problem or a driver
> problem?
>
> "CapFusion" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Joseph Mouhanna" > wrote in
>> message news:[email protected]
>>>I built a new system with an Intel Motherboard (Intel D865PERL), and an
>>>Albatron FX5200LPV2.0, 128MB video card. Following the initial XP Pro
>>>install, a generic video driver is installed (VgaSave). Everything works
>>>fine, and I can all the resolutions. If I look in the Control Panel, I
>>>see that the Video Card was not recognized, but nevertheless everything
>>>works fine. When I install the latest nVidia driver, the screen starting
>>>blanking every few seconds, and eventually I get a message telling me
>>>that the nVidia driver has stopped working normally. The same happens if
>>>I install the Microsoft certified driver (supplied with XP SP2).
>>>
>>> I went to the Albatron web site, and received useless advice (upgrade
>>> BIOS, and get latest drivers from nVidia, which I'd already done).
>>>
>>> Anyone seen this problem, or has a workaround?
>>>
>> Your problem almost the same as of another user that describe about the
>> same except his problem regarding DVI will not display but analog with
>> SP2.
>> IIRC, he just uninstall nvidia driver and restart Windows to redetect and
>> reinstall by itself. See if this will fix your problem too.
>>
>> CapFusion,...

Joseph Mouhanna
October 1st 04, 10:29 PM
I spoke too soon. When I re-started the system (following an app install), I
ran into the same problem. I had to un-install, re-start and the problem
went away. I was able to duplicate several times. It seems as something
happens when there's a cold or warm reboot.

"CapFusion" > wrote in message
>I do not think a SP2 problem [other may think otherwise]. I have installed
>SP2 about 30 or PC already with nVidia base card and other type too without
>any problem.
> Updating existing PC and also from scratch without any issue.
>
> CapFusion,...
>

> "Joseph Mouhanna" > wrote in
> message news:[email protected]
>> Thanks. I un-installed, and rebooted the system. When it came back up,
>> the Microsoft driver was re-installed, but the problem was gone. I've
>> been dealing with this for a couple of days. Is this an SP2 problem or a
>> driver problem?
>>
>> "CapFusion" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Joseph Mouhanna" > wrote
>>> in message news:[email protected]

>>> Your problem almost the same as of another user that describe about the
>>> same except his problem regarding DVI will not display but analog with
>>> SP2.
>>> IIRC, he just uninstall nvidia driver and restart Windows to redetect
>>> and reinstall by itself. See if this will fix your problem too.
>>>
>>> CapFusion,...

CapFusion
October 2nd 04, 12:36 AM
Well, let see if SP2 is the problem in your case. Can you try uninstall SP2
and see if go back to normal? You might [just incase] need to uninstall the
driver also if uninstall SP2 only does not work.

* Uninstall SP2 only and see if it back to normaol
Or
* Unstall driver and then reinstall the driver and see if it back to normal.

Try the first step first.

CapFusion,...

"Joseph Mouhanna" > wrote in
message news:a%[email protected]