PDA

View Full Version : 6800GT and Far Cry

PurSpyk!!
September 30th 04, 01:30 PM
Hi

With all the latest beta drivers 66.31, 66.32, 66.51 & 66.70 I get serious
stuttering in Far Cry. Driver 66.00 and earlier have no problems. I have
installed the 1.2 patch and the stuttering still occurs.

Are there any solutions to this problem? I would have thought that a 6800 GT
would have no problem running this game. I don't recall a problem when I had
my 4200. Both cards made by LeadTek.

--
Regards

PurSpyk!!

"Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"

guess
September 30th 04, 03:25 PM
I installed the v1.1 patch for Farcry, and that cleared up Farcry immensly.
Where did you get the v1.2patch? I thought Ubisoft pulled that patch?

"PurSpyk!!" > wrote in message
> Hi
>
> With all the latest beta drivers 66.31, 66.32, 66.51 & 66.70 I get serious
> stuttering in Far Cry. Driver 66.00 and earlier have no problems. I have
> installed the 1.2 patch and the stuttering still occurs.
>
> Are there any solutions to this problem? I would have thought that a 6800
> GT
> would have no problem running this game. I don't recall a problem when I
> had
> my 4200. Both cards made by LeadTek.
>
> --
> Regards
>
> PurSpyk!!
>
> "Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"

PurSpyk!!
September 30th 04, 03:48 PM
Hi

Used Google, found a site and downloaded the file, seemed to help with the
shader 3.0 options. Still get screen corruption etc in places though. Who
knows when the patch will be released. Seems like they lost interest in this
game.

"PurSpyk!!" > wrote in message
> Hi
>
> With all the latest beta drivers 66.31, 66.32, 66.51 & 66.70 I get serious
> stuttering in Far Cry. Driver 66.00 and earlier have no problems. I have
> installed the 1.2 patch and the stuttering still occurs.
>
> Are there any solutions to this problem? I would have thought that a 6800
> GT
> would have no problem running this game. I don't recall a problem when I
> had
> my 4200. Both cards made by LeadTek.
>
> --
> Regards
>
> PurSpyk!!
>
> "Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"

John Lewis
September 30th 04, 08:12 PM
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:48:54 +0200, "PurSpyk!!"
> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Used Google, found a site and downloaded the file, seemed to help with the
>shader 3.0 options. Still get screen corruption etc in places though. Who
>knows when the patch will be released. Seems like they lost interest in this
>game.

No, AFAIK waiting for SP2 to be more universal ( includes DX9.0c). The
patch <<requires>> DX9.0c ( and no doubt will be re-released with
bug-fixes too ).

John Lewis