PDA

View Full Version : GeForce2 MX/MX 400

JE
September 28th 04, 09:03 PM
I have this card installed on a pc that I am trying to install the MS SP2
upgrade. When I have the monitor hooked up on the digital side, I cannot
get the pc to boot up or uninstall the SP2 upgrade. I connect the analog
side and everything works just fine. I have tried to locate new drivers on
the Nvidia site and see nothing.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

--
Email no good, reply to group

CapFusion
September 28th 04, 10:33 PM
"JE" > wrote in message
m...
>I have this card installed on a pc that I am trying to install the MS SP2
>upgrade. When I have the monitor hooked up on the digital side, I cannot
>get the pc to boot up or uninstall the SP2 upgrade. I connect the analog
>side and everything works just fine. I have tried to locate new drivers on
>the Nvidia site and see nothing.
>
> Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Can you clarify abit.
Have you just install the card first and it driver to see if it will work
proper?
Have you check in either Display Properties or Device Manager under category
Display Adapter to see what listing?
It should indicate the name / model of the card if you install from the
CDDISC.

SP2? I assumed you using Windows XP. If so, try this link from nVidia site -
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77
If I am wrong, but haveWin98/ME instead -
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win9x_61.76

Where you did you look for driver on NVIDIA site?

Note -
Try install the driver for the your card to see everything working first
before install anything else. You do not want to add anything more to the
problem until you fix one before create another problem.

When driver install and seem to be working order of the card, try using
either one of the DVI or VGA port to see if display when booting into
Windows.

CapFusion,...

JE
September 28th 04, 10:56 PM
I had the card installed when the pc was new. I had it connected via the
digital connector for at least 2 years and not had any problems. Now, I
installed, or tried to intstall the MS SP2 upgarade and then the problem
started. I have now connected to the analog side of the card and monitor
and everything is working as is the SP2 upgrade. I would like to get the
digital working. I downloaded the drivers from NVIDIA site and installed
them and it still does not work. I noticed while installing the new drivers
that they are not "signed" by Microsoft, which is a little unusual, I think,
and of course they warn you that things may not work right and they don't.

Jack

"CapFusion" > wrote in message

> "JE" > wrote in message
> m...
>>I have this card installed on a pc that I am trying to install the MS SP2
>>upgrade. When I have the monitor hooked up on the digital side, I cannot
>>get the pc to boot up or uninstall the SP2 upgrade. I connect the analog
>>side and everything works just fine. I have tried to locate new drivers
>>on the Nvidia site and see nothing.
>>
>> Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> Can you clarify abit.
> Have you just install the card first and it driver to see if it will work
> proper?
> Have you check in either Display Properties or Device Manager under
> category Display Adapter to see what listing?
> It should indicate the name / model of the card if you install from the
> CDDISC.
>
> SP2? I assumed you using Windows XP. If so, try this link from nVidia
> site -
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77
> If I am wrong, but haveWin98/ME instead -
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/win9x_61.76
>
> Where you did you look for driver on NVIDIA site?
>
> Note -
> Try install the driver for the your card to see everything working first
> before install anything else. You do not want to add anything more to the
> problem until you fix one before create another problem.
>
> When driver install and seem to be working order of the card, try using
> either one of the DVI or VGA port to see if display when booting into
> Windows.
>
> CapFusion,...

CapFusion
September 29th 04, 12:13 AM
Ok. you begining to provide info.
Can you uninstall SP2 or have a backup prior to SP2 install and see if it
will work again like before?

When you say stated --- now connected to analog side of the card --- I
assumed your monitor have two cable [DVI and VGA]. Are both cable from the
monitor attach / connected to the ports of the card? If so, connect only one
port.

**Or**
Next check your setting, do you know how to get to nView Mode ? Can you tell me what mode is on now? Your
setting may have change or when back to default.
Starting from page 60 - DualView mode / Clone etc.
http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/61.76/ForceWare_Release_60_Graphics_Display_Property_Use rs_Guide.pdf

CapFusion,...

"JE" > wrote in message
m...
>I had the card installed when the pc was new. I had it connected via the
>digital connector for at least 2 years and not had any problems. Now, I
>installed, or tried to intstall the MS SP2 upgarade and then the problem
>started. I have now connected to the analog side of the card and monitor
>and everything is working as is the SP2 upgrade. I would like to get the
>digital working. I downloaded the drivers from NVIDIA site and installed
>them and it still does not work. I noticed while installing the new
>drivers that they are not "signed" by Microsoft, which is a little unusual,
>I think, and of course they warn you that things may not work right and
>they don't.
>
> Jack
>
> "CapFusion" > wrote in message
>>
>> "JE" > wrote in message
>> m...[i]
>>>I have this card installed on a pc that I am trying to install the MS SP2
>>>upgrade. When I have the monitor hooked up on the digital side, I cannot
>>>get the pc to boot up or uninstall the SP2 upgrade. I connect the analog
>>>side and everything works just fine. I have tried to locate new drivers
>>>on the Nvidia site and see nothing.
>>>
>>> Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> Can you clarify abit.
>> Have you just install the card first and it driver to see if it will work
>> proper?
>> Have you check in either Display Properties or Device Manager under
>> category Display Adapter to see what listing?
>> It should indicate the name / model of the card if you install from the
>> CDDISC.
>>
>> SP2? I assumed you using Windows XP. If so, try this link from nVidia
>> site -
>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77
>> If I am wrong, but haveWin98/ME instead -
>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/win9x_61.76
>>
>> Where you did you look for driver on NVIDIA site?
>>
>> Note -
>> Try install the driver for the your card to see everything working first
>> before install anything else. You do not want to add anything more to the
>> problem until you fix one before create another problem.
>>
>> When driver install and seem to be working order of the card, try using
>> either one of the DVI or VGA port to see if display when booting into
>> Windows.
>>
>> CapFusion,...

Predator
September 29th 04, 12:51 AM
if it won't boot up at all then it has little to do with sp2

"JE" > wrote in message
m...
>I have this card installed on a pc that I am trying to install the MS SP2
>upgrade. When I have the monitor hooked up on the digital side, I cannot
>get the pc to boot up or uninstall the SP2 upgrade. I connect the analog
>side and everything works just fine. I have tried to locate new drivers on
>the Nvidia site and see nothing.
>
> Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Email no good, reply to group

JE
September 29th 04, 03:03 AM
"CapFusion" > wrote in message
> Ok. you begining to provide info.
> Can you uninstall SP2 or have a backup prior to SP2 install and see if it
> will work again like before?

Yes, with SP2 uninstalled, both sides will work...I never have both sides
connected at the same time. Either I have on digital or analog, never both.
When I had the digital connected after installing SP2, I could only get on
through Safe Mode and then I could not uninstall SP2. Connected to the
analog, I could.

> When you say stated --- now connected to analog side of the card --- I
> assumed your monitor have two cable [DVI and VGA]. Are both cable from the
> monitor attach / connected to the ports of the card? If so, connect only
> one port.
>
> **Or**
> Next check your setting, do you know how to get to nView Mode ? Can you tell me what mode is on now?
> Your setting may have change or when back to default.
> Starting from page 60 - DualView mode / Clone etc.
> http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/61.76/ForceWare_Release_60_Graphics_Display_Property_Use rs_Guide.pdf
>
> CapFusion,...
>
> "JE" > wrote in message
> m...
>>I had the card installed when the pc was new. I had it connected via the
>>digital connector for at least 2 years and not had any problems. Now, I
>>installed, or tried to intstall the MS SP2 upgarade and then the problem
>>started. I have now connected to the analog side of the card and monitor
>>and everything is working as is the SP2 upgrade. I would like to get the
>>digital working. I downloaded the drivers from NVIDIA site and installed
>>them and it still does not work. I noticed while installing the new
>>drivers that they are not "signed" by Microsoft, which is a little
>>unusual, I think, and of course they warn you that things may not work
>>right and they don't.
>>
>> Jack
>>
>> "CapFusion" > wrote in message
>> ...[i]
>>>
>>> "JE" > wrote in message
>>> m...

>>> Can you clarify abit.
>>> Have you just install the card first and it driver to see if it will
>>> work proper?
>>> Have you check in either Display Properties or Device Manager under
>>> category Display Adapter to see what listing?
>>> It should indicate the name / model of the card if you install from the
>>> CDDISC.
>>>
>>> SP2? I assumed you using Windows XP. If so, try this link from nVidia
>>> site -
>>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77
>>> If I am wrong, but haveWin98/ME instead -
>>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/win9x_61.76
>>>
>>> Where you did you look for driver on NVIDIA site?
>>>
>>> Note -
>>> Try install the driver for the your card to see everything working first
>>> before install anything else. You do not want to add anything more to
>>> the problem until you fix one before create another problem.
>>>
>>> When driver install and seem to be working order of the card, try using
>>> either one of the DVI or VGA port to see if display when booting into
>>> Windows.
>>>
>>> CapFusion,...

JE
September 29th 04, 04:10 AM
I see that the card and SP2 don't agree. Naturally since SP2 will work with
analog, it seems the card and drivers are the problem.

"Predator" > wrote in message
> if it won't boot up at all then it has little to do with sp2
>
> "JE" > wrote in message
> m...
>>I have this card installed on a pc that I am trying to install the MS SP2
>>upgrade. When I have the monitor hooked up on the digital side, I cannot
>>get the pc to boot up or uninstall the SP2 upgrade. I connect the analog
>>side and everything works just fine. I have tried to locate new drivers
>>on the Nvidia site and see nothing.
>>
>> Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Email no good, reply to group

Steven K
September 29th 04, 04:31 AM
"JE" > wrote in message
om
> I see that the card and SP2 don't agree. Naturally since SP2 will work
> with analog, it seems the card and drivers are the problem.

The problem might go away when u uninstall /reinstall it in SP2!

Worth a try...

CapFusion
September 29th 04, 05:20 PM
GeForce2 MX/MX400 with SP2 should be no problem.

Use analogy port and bootup to Windows. Change resolution to the lowest
setting. Double check the Hz too. If it is set higher than 60Hz, change it
back down to 60Hz.
Restart Windows to see if the setting stay. If stay, shut down Windws and
start up again with DVI port. See if it display.

CapFusion,...

"JE" > wrote in message
om...
>I see that the card and SP2 don't agree. Naturally since SP2 will work
>with analog, it seems the card and drivers are the problem.
>

> "Predator" > wrote in message
>> if it won't boot up at all then it has little to do with sp2
>>
>> "JE" > wrote in message
>> m...
>>>I have this card installed on a pc that I am trying to install the MS SP2
>>>upgrade. When I have the monitor hooked up on the digital side, I cannot
>>>get the pc to boot up or uninstall the SP2 upgrade. I connect the analog
>>>side and everything works just fine. I have tried to locate new drivers
>>>on the Nvidia site and see nothing.
>>>
>>> Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> --
>>> Email no good, reply to group

JE
September 29th 04, 08:20 PM
Tried that and nothing. I keep seeing a blue screen with a message on it,
but it goes so fast I can't read it. I did see one word, "compatible" and
that's all I could catch. So there must be some compatible questions I
can't see.

"CapFusion" > wrote in message
> GeForce2 MX/MX400 with SP2 should be no problem.
>
> Use analogy port and bootup to Windows. Change resolution to the lowest
> setting. Double check the Hz too. If it is set higher than 60Hz, change it
> back down to 60Hz.
> Restart Windows to see if the setting stay. If stay, shut down Windws and
> start up again with DVI port. See if it display.
>
> CapFusion,...
>

> "JE" > wrote in message
> om...
>>I see that the card and SP2 don't agree. Naturally since SP2 will work
>>with analog, it seems the card and drivers are the problem.
>>

>> "Predator" > wrote in message
>>> if it won't boot up at all then it has little to do with sp2
>>>
>>> "JE" > wrote in message
>>> m...

CapFusion
September 29th 04, 08:35 PM
Try again and prepare to press pause/break key on your keyboard [Upper
(somewhat) right side] of the keyboard. This will pause your screen to see
the message. Press the key again to continue.

By any chances, do you have two monitor?
If you do, connect to two port and boot to Windows. Goto nView Display Mode
and check what mode listing. If it have clone / dualview / H or V span, try
one of those and see if both of your monitor display.

Note -
If you have two port attach, you should see those mode.

CapFusion,...

"JE" > wrote in message
om...
> Tried that and nothing. I keep seeing a blue screen with a message on it,
> but it goes so fast I can't read it. I did see one word, "compatible" and
> that's all I could catch. So there must be some compatible questions I
> can't see.
>

> "CapFusion" > wrote in message
>> GeForce2 MX/MX400 with SP2 should be no problem.
>>
>> Use analogy port and bootup to Windows. Change resolution to the lowest
>> setting. Double check the Hz too. If it is set higher than 60Hz, change
>> it back down to 60Hz.
>> Restart Windows to see if the setting stay. If stay, shut down Windws and
>> start up again with DVI port. See if it display.
>>
>> CapFusion,...
>>

>> "JE" > wrote in message
>> om...
>>>I see that the card and SP2 don't agree. Naturally since SP2 will work
>>>with analog, it seems the card and drivers are the problem.

JE
September 29th 04, 10:17 PM
I was never fast enough to catch that screen. So, I uninstalled the adapter
and let the system reload the drivers and it has now started working. It
set the drivers back to the old ones.

Thanks for all of your help, but it appears it was a pretty simple
problem!!!

Jack

"CapFusion" > wrote in message
> Try again and prepare to press pause/break key on your keyboard [Upper
> (somewhat) right side] of the keyboard. This will pause your screen to see
> the message. Press the key again to continue.
>
> By any chances, do you have two monitor?
> If you do, connect to two port and boot to Windows. Goto nView Display
> Mode and check what mode listing. If it have clone / dualview / H or V
> span, try one of those and see if both of your monitor display.
>
> Note -
> If you have two port attach, you should see those mode.
>
> CapFusion,...
>
> "JE" > wrote in message
> om...
>> Tried that and nothing. I keep seeing a blue screen with a message on
>> it, but it goes so fast I can't read it. I did see one word,
>> "compatible" and that's all I could catch. So there must be some
>> compatible questions I can't see.
>>

>> "CapFusion" > wrote in message
>>> GeForce2 MX/MX400 with SP2 should be no problem.
>>>
>>> Use analogy port and bootup to Windows. Change resolution to the lowest
>>> setting. Double check the Hz too. If it is set higher than 60Hz, change
>>> it back down to 60Hz.
>>> Restart Windows to see if the setting stay. If stay, shut down Windws
>>> and start up again with DVI port. See if it display.
>>>
>>> CapFusion,...
>>>

>>> "JE" > wrote in message
>>> om...

JE
September 29th 04, 10:17 PM
Thanks Steve, this is exactly what I needed to do!!!!!

Jack

"Steven K" > wrote in message
> "JE" > wrote in message
> om
>> I see that the card and SP2 don't agree. Naturally since SP2 will work
>> with analog, it seems the card and drivers are the problem.
>>
> The problem might go away when u uninstall /reinstall it in SP2!
>
> Worth a try...

CapFusion
September 29th 04, 10:31 PM
Welp, it simple now after problem is fix but hard when it is not.
Glad it back to normal for you.

CapFusion,...