PDA

View Full Version : Aquamark exception error

Greg I
September 28th 04, 05:27 AM
Hi all!

I just replaced my Radeon 9800pro with a BFG 6800GT OC, and it's an AWESOME
card for DOOM3, but now I can't seem to run AquaMark3...

Before any tests are shown I get an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error.
I'm hunted around the web and I found that this is an issue with Radeon X800
cards, but no mention of Nvidia.
I tried the fix for the ATI cards (replacing the DIRECPLL.DLL file in the
SYSTEM32 dir) and it didn't help me any.

This error has also been tied to people that are overclocking their cpu's
and have a non-standard core voltage. I'm running a P4 3.4E at stock
settings and voltages, so that's not it either.

I am overclocking my 6800GT, but even after setting it to stock settings I
still get the exception error.

Any ideas anyone? Anyone out there with a similar setup to mine that IS able
to run Aquamark3?

Oh, I'm running Win XP SP1 and the latest Detonator drivers (61.77)

Thanks much! :)

-Greg

N´far
September 28th 04, 09:58 AM
Have you reinstalled Aquamark?

Greg I
September 28th 04, 08:01 PM
Heh...yep!

I'm going to try another uninstall, but this time I'm going to search
through the registry for any left-overs before reinstalling...
I also just loaded SP2 last night, not that that will make any
difference..but you never know! :)

-Greg

"N´far" > wrote in message
. ..
> Have you reinstalled Aquamark?

Greg I
September 29th 04, 04:51 PM
Did all that and still no-go :(

Well, at least I got to see Aquamark3 run all the way through once with my
Radeon 9800Pro!
Still curious to see how much better it runs with the 6800GT though :)

-Greg

.. .