PDA

View Full Version : Temperature Problem with GF FX5900

Marco Gotthardt
September 24th 04, 10:15 PM
I have a strange Problem,

when i play 3D Games i have no problems , with playing many hours,
but in 2D Games, the games crashes almost every few minutes.

I have got a Leadtek Winfast A350 TDH 5900 graphiccard,
this one is equipped with a thermal sensor, which indicates that the
card has a normal temperature of about 50-60 degree Celsius,
after playing DooM 3 for about 4 hours it was directly after exiting the
game at about 70 degree Celsius, but after 15 Minutes of a 2D Game
(Crazy Machines) it was at 85 degree Celsisus.

In good cases I just return to the desktop, but in most other cases
the Blue Screen awaits me pointing at the graphic card driver "nv4_disp.dll"
or something like that.

What can I do ? Is there a possibility to disable the two different
fan and frequency modes (2D & 3D) in which I can set only the
core and memory frequency ?

Please help !

Best Regards,

DarK RaideR

YanquiDawg
September 27th 04, 10:28 PM
Make sure your fan is still running in 2d. The speeds of the fan are variable
with 2D and 3D apps.Maybe yours is stopping instead of just slowing down.Could
be clogged or just a crappy fan.

>I have a strange Problem,
>
>when i play 3D Games i have no problems , with playing many hours,
>but in 2D Games, the games crashes almost every few minutes.

>I have got a Leadtek Winfast A350 TDH 5900 graphiccard,
>this one is equipped with a thermal sensor, which indicates that the
>card has a normal temperature of about 50-60 degree Celsius,
>after playing DooM 3 for about 4 hours it was directly after exiting the
>game at about 70 degree Celsius,

CapFusion
September 27th 04, 11:31 PM
"YanquiDawg" > wrote in message
> Make sure your fan is still running in 2d. The speeds of the fan are
> variable
> with 2D and 3D apps.Maybe yours is stopping instead of just slowing
> down.Could
> be clogged or just a crappy fan.

FX5900 should shut-down in 2D mode. 3D will activate the fan.
Restart Windows will start the fan againm, too but will stop soon later in
2D mode / idle.

CapFusion,....