PDA

View Full Version : New Nvidia Nforce 4.27 drivers much difference ?

Little TeaPot
September 18th 04, 03:39 PM
Is their a change log ?

Anu problems as yet ?

Thanks.

Bob
September 18th 04, 04:33 PM
"Little TeaPot" > wrote in message

> Is their a change log ?
>
> Anu problems as yet ?
>
> Thanks.
Actually the newest are 5.10 here:
ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/nForce/5.10/

I found this description:

"Not very detailed but the driver versions have changed like so:

GART driver 3.77 (WHQL) --> GART driver 4.36 (WHQL)
IDE NVIDIA driver 4.12 (WHQL) --> IDE NVIDIA driver 4.46 (WHQL)

Also these little release notes:
# Unified drivers with support for nForce, nForce2, and nForce3 products,
including support for dual-processor systems.
# General compatibility fixes
# Audio Driver Improvements
* Addressed audio issues in numerous games and applications
# Storage Driver Improvements:
* RAID Morphing
* Improved RAID Interface
* RAID spans both SATA and PATA devices
* RAID 0, 1, and 0+1
* Improved handling of various storage devices

I installed the IDE drivers and found a 10% decrease in performance using HD
Tach to benchmark my drives. Rolled back to the stock MX Win XP Sp2 drivers.
Reports are that the sound drivers are greatly improved but I don't use them
myself.
HTH,
Bob

Little TeaPot
September 18th 04, 05:16 PM
Naah i have a Audigy 2 Zs us crative drivers for that.

Did a HDtach on my drive and got 114, ill install these new ones and
see what happens :)

Did the other drivers have SATA drivers ?, from what i read these have
new SATA drivers or such ?

Anyway thanks.