PDA

View Full Version : Problems with display

MOLDOVA.NET
September 10th 04, 01:43 PM
Hi!
My videocard is: Nvidia Geforce 2 MX400
I have a problem
I changed my monitor because my old 17inch monitor didn't work (today it
have broken).
I've got a Samsung Syncmaster400b
After I reset the computer the only resolution I can get is 640*480 on
16color (NOT 16 Bits ! But 16 color)
I can't choose another resolution or color mode - it switches back to
640*480 on 16 colors

What should I do?
Last time (a year ago) I've been using this very monitor on this computer
(same videocard) and it worked perfectly...

Should I switch to old driver for the videocard? Will this help? I've been
installed a half a year ago the 43.45 version for nvidia videocard (Win9X)
Please help
I can't work !
I'm writing this message on 640*480 and it really sux - small screen, worse
colors ,
Ican't see everything on the scrren
Thanx.

Martin Maat
September 10th 04, 04:00 PM
MOLDOVA.NET wrote:

> My videocard is: Nvidia Geforce 2 MX400
> I have a problem I changed my monitor because
> my old 17inch monitor didn't work (today it have
> broken). I've got a Samsung Syncmaster400b

Is your monitor recognized as such? Remove any monitor and display drivers
from Device Manager, reboot and have Windows redetect the lot. If you're
asked for video drivers, direct Windows to the directory that has the
unpacked nVIDIA drivers.

> I can't work! I'm writing this message on 640*480
> and it really sux - small screen, worse colors, I can't
> see everything on the screen

and you're going epileptic from the 60 Hz refresh rate too :-).

Martin.

DaveW
September 11th 04, 12:31 AM
You did NOT say which driver version you are currently using. But try using
the 45.23 driver and see if that's stable and allows you to set things
correctly. The latest Nvidia drivers (5x.xx and 6x.xx) will not be stable
with that card.

--
DaveW