PDA

View Full Version : GA-622-32C ,Nvidia Riva TNT2 M64

fdsgfdsg
September 6th 04, 08:23 AM
I've used GA-622-32C ,Nvidia Riva TNT2 M64 for some time on with WinXP with
no trouble. Suddenly, because of some obvious reason I can't figure out, my
card doesn't work anymore.

Funny thing is it works without drivers. I downloaded the newest drivers
but that did not work. It boots up but as soon as the logon screen loads
the
screen goes black.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

HOV

Folk
September 6th 04, 02:37 PM
On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 09:23:54 +0200, fdsgfdsg >
wrote:

>I've used GA-622-32C ,Nvidia Riva TNT2 M64 for some time on with WinXP with
>no trouble. Suddenly, because of some obvious reason I can't figure out, my
>card doesn't work anymore.
>
>Funny thing is it works without drivers. I downloaded the newest drivers
>but that did not work. It boots up but as soon as the logon screen loads
>the
>screen goes black.
>
>Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
>HOV

The latest drivers can sometimes give problems for older cards.

Try either the 56.72 or 45.23. You can find both (and others) here:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html

fdsgfdsg
September 7th 04, 12:20 PM
I tried the older drivers but still the same problem. The card works
without drivers but with drivers the screen goes blank before it gets to
the logon screen.

Biz
September 7th 04, 07:33 PM
make sure your monitor is correctly identified in windows, your vid card
might be sending too high a scan frequency, which just causes most monitors
to shut down.

"fdsgfdsg" > wrote in message
> I tried the older drivers but still the same problem. The card works
> without drivers but with drivers the screen goes blank before it gets to
> the logon screen.

Papcina
September 7th 04, 10:13 PM
wrote this text which is not true at all :

>I've used GA-622-32C ,Nvidia Riva TNT2 M64 for some time on with WinXP with
>no trouble. Suddenly, because of some obvious reason I can't figure out, my
>card doesn't work anymore.
>
>Funny thing is it works without drivers. I downloaded the newest drivers
>but that did not work. It boots up but as soon as the logon screen loads
>the
>screen goes black.
>
>Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
>HOV

hi!
Well, I have the same card but from ASUS. Well, maybe you played with
Riva Tuner or oc'ed the frequency too high (if you did that)....I had
the same problem. I was playing with RivaTuner and suddenly after
booting up the screen would block.... I tried everything and then on
the end I used the system recover utility in XP..... i recovered to
the day before that started happening and I resolved the problem!
Another thing I would ask you, have you maybe flashed your card's
BIOS?

Regards
--
Proud to be Papcina!!!!