PDA

View Full Version : my (aweful) PNY experience

Jeff B
September 4th 04, 05:41 PM
This Post goes way beyond the typical "I bought a
ASUS/Abit/MSI motherboard. It didn't work right, so never by
an ASUS/Abit/MSI motherboard!"

PNYs idea of "warranty" is to send you a
somebody elses reject. They even slap a "refurbished" sticker on
the back, and it is one of those that voids the so called "warranty" if
you remove it. Read on for the details:

I got a 6800u, and had to send it back to PNY cause lockups
in Doom3 were constant. Boy, what a mistake! (sending the card back,
that is)
This replacement CANNOT be clock adjusted AT ALL. With coolbits, I can
move the slider, but doing so is pointless cause I get an error message and
the adjustments won't stick. It always reverts back to "default"
which is 425/400 3D/2D. So what you say? Turns out, the prob all
along is that with this particular brand of card, the D3 lockups are
caused by different clock values for 2D/3D. So in effect,
PNY booby trapped the card by permanently fixing the clocks to
values that cause the computer to crash. It was deliberate!
And this has nothing to do with the AC characteristics of the card
it will do 446 Mhz core. But they've done something to
defeat coolbits, so you can't adjust the 2D/3D speed to make them the
same. So my workaround was to use a BIOS editor to set the 2D/3D to the
same value. This worked......for about 4 hours. Suddenly, I'm getting
lockups and weird corruption during the windows splash screen. Pop in
an EVGA card, no problem, so it was the card itself.
The kicker is that the original card worked just fine. About 4 days
AFTER I returned my perfectly good card, I found that it was a
wrong setting problem,
not a bad card. My original did 446/1114 core/mem, and worked perfectly.
I traded it for "the card from hell" cause I mis diagnosed the problem.

Bottom line is this:
PNY gets in some number of problem cards over time, and all they do
is shuffle them around and randomly send them back to unhappy customers.
Joe gets Bills bad card, Bill gets Sams bad card, Sam gets Toms bad
card, etc. No wonder they offer a "lifetime warranty", it doesn't cost
them anything.
I doubt if they do anything in terms of debug. So be advised if you
have thoughts of sending a card back to PNY....you won't get
a new card replacement, you'll get somebody elses reject.

Jeff B

John Lewis
September 4th 04, 07:34 PM
On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 16:41:32 GMT, Jeff B > wrote:

>This Post goes way beyond the typical "I bought a
>ASUS/Abit/MSI motherboard. It didn't work right, so never by
>an ASUS/Abit/MSI motherboard!"
>
> PNYs idea of "warranty" is to send you a
>somebody elses reject. They even slap a "refurbished" sticker on
>the back, and it is one of those that voids the so called "warranty" if
>you remove it. Read on for the details:
>
>I got a 6800u, and had to send it back to PNY cause lockups
>in Doom3 were constant. Boy, what a mistake! (sending the card back,
>that is)
>This replacement CANNOT be clock adjusted AT ALL. With coolbits, I can
>move the slider, but doing so is pointless cause I get an error message and
>the adjustments won't stick. It always reverts back to "default"
>which is 425/400 3D/2D. So what you say? Turns out, the prob all
>along is that with this particular brand of card, the D3 lockups are
>caused by different clock values for 2D/3D. So in effect,
>PNY booby trapped the card by permanently fixing the clocks to
>values that cause the computer to crash. It was deliberate!
>And this has nothing to do with the AC characteristics of the card
>it will do 446 Mhz core. But they've done something to
>defeat coolbits, so you can't adjust the 2D/3D speed to make them the
>same. So my workaround was to use a BIOS editor to set the 2D/3D to the
>same value. This worked......for about 4 hours. Suddenly, I'm getting
>lockups and weird corruption during the windows splash screen. Pop in
>an EVGA card, no problem, so it was the card itself.
>The kicker is that the original card worked just fine. About 4 days
>AFTER I returned my perfectly good card, I found that it was a
>wrong setting problem,
>not a bad card. My original did 446/1114 core/mem, and worked perfectly.
>I traded it for "the card from hell" cause I mis diagnosed the problem.
>

>Bottom line is this:
>PNY gets in some number of problem cards over time, and all they do
>is shuffle them around and randomly send them back to unhappy customers.
>Joe gets Bills bad card, Bill gets Sams bad card, Sam gets Toms bad
>card, etc. No wonder they offer a "lifetime warranty", it doesn't cost
>them anything.
>I doubt if they do anything in terms of debug. So be advised if you
>have thoughts of sending a card back to PNY....you won't get
>a new card replacement, you'll get somebody elses reject.
>
>Jeff B

If you had been reading this NG for any length of time, you
would not have bought a PNY card.... period.

One exception:-

If you decide that you REALLY want a PNY card, then
buy it with the "return-for-exchange-no-questions-asked"
CompUSA extended warranty. And extend the warranty
if the replacement is another PNY card.

John Lewis

Kill Bill
September 4th 04, 08:01 PM
"John Lewis" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 16:41:32 GMT, Jeff B > wrote:
>
>>This Post goes way beyond the typical "I bought a
>>ASUS/Abit/MSI motherboard. It didn't work right, so never by
>>an ASUS/Abit/MSI motherboard!"
>>
>> PNYs idea of "warranty" is to send you a
>>somebody elses reject. They even slap a "refurbished" sticker on
>>the back, and it is one of those that voids the so called "warranty" if
>>you remove it. Read on for the details:
>>
>>I got a 6800u, and had to send it back to PNY cause lockups
>>in Doom3 were constant. Boy, what a mistake! (sending the card back,
>>that is)
>>This replacement CANNOT be clock adjusted AT ALL. With coolbits, I can
>>move the slider, but doing so is pointless cause I get an error message
>>and
>>the adjustments won't stick. It always reverts back to "default"
>>which is 425/400 3D/2D. So what you say? Turns out, the prob all
>>along is that with this particular brand of card, the D3 lockups are
>>caused by different clock values for 2D/3D. So in effect,
>>PNY booby trapped the card by permanently fixing the clocks to
>>values that cause the computer to crash. It was deliberate!
>>And this has nothing to do with the AC characteristics of the card
>>it will do 446 Mhz core. But they've done something to
>>defeat coolbits, so you can't adjust the 2D/3D speed to make them the
>>same. So my workaround was to use a BIOS editor to set the 2D/3D to the
>>same value. This worked......for about 4 hours. Suddenly, I'm getting
>>lockups and weird corruption during the windows splash screen. Pop in
>>an EVGA card, no problem, so it was the card itself.
>>The kicker is that the original card worked just fine. About 4 days
>>AFTER I returned my perfectly good card, I found that it was a
>>wrong setting problem,
>>not a bad card. My original did 446/1114 core/mem, and worked perfectly.
>>I traded it for "the card from hell" cause I mis diagnosed the problem.
>>

>>Bottom line is this:
>>PNY gets in some number of problem cards over time, and all they do
>>is shuffle them around and randomly send them back to unhappy customers.
>>Joe gets Bills bad card, Bill gets Sams bad card, Sam gets Toms bad
>>card, etc. No wonder they offer a "lifetime warranty", it doesn't cost
>>them anything.
>>I doubt if they do anything in terms of debug. So be advised if you
>>have thoughts of sending a card back to PNY....you won't get
>>a new card replacement, you'll get somebody elses reject.
>>
>>Jeff B
>>

> If you had been reading this NG for any length of time, you
> would not have bought a PNY card.... period.
>
> One exception:-
>
> If you decide that you REALLY want a PNY card, then
> buy it with the "return-for-exchange-no-questions-asked"
> CompUSA extended warranty. And extend the warranty
> if the replacement is another PNY card.
>
> John Lewis

My PNY 6800 GT runs fine at Ultra speed. Even with the 3D speed set
different from the 2D speed. Maybe Jeff is just a moron who can't make
himself happy.

Jeff B
September 4th 04, 08:05 PM

> If you had been reading this NG for any length of time, you
> would not have bought a PNY card.... period.

Not with a card that is unavailable world wide. On the rare chance that
one does become available, you take it.

besides, many ppl will get a defective card from a manufacturer, and
from that one data point
conclude that ALL such cards are defective. Since PNY cards are
exactly the same design as EVGA/MSI/XFX/BFG, it should be no more or no
less risky than any other brand.

> One exception:-
>
> If you decide that you REALLY want a PNY card, then
> buy it with the "return-for-exchange-no-questions-asked"
> CompUSA extended warranty. And extend the warranty
> if the replacement is another PNY card.

That doesn't work cause you have to pay extra for that extended warranty.
Besides, you can do the same thing for free with the manufactures warranty
(theoretically) because cards normally can't be "fixed", they can only
be replaced. But replaced with what?
Since component level servicing can't be done at the vendors repair
depot, they will:

1. return your card without doing anything to it, or

2. replace it with a defective card someone else returned, or

3. give you a new card.

All vendors except PNY do 3 above, cause that's the only proper remedy.
But if you are dealing with a unscrupulous vendor PNY, they will
replace it with a different defective card they received from someone
else. They figure that since they make it so inconvient to apply
for warranty, they will eventually wear you down and you'll give up, and
it hasn't cost them anything.

I bought this card from Outpost.com, cause they'll give a full refund if
you return it, and they don't charge extra.
The bigger point is that in a world where 6800u are typically
unavailable, you take what you can get and hope that you get a good
card. This is what happened to me. I got a good card from PNY, and
traded it for a defective card.

The real problem is that PNY slapped a big'ol REFURBISHED sticker
on the back, so now I have to worry that Outpost won't take it back
cause it isn't the same card they originally sold me.

rms
September 4th 04, 10:30 PM
Try using that same editor (or download a pre-modded bios from
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17272276
etc., that fixes the freezing prob and perhaps raises the default core
voltage.

rms

John Lewis
September 4th 04, 11:17 PM
On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 19:05:38 GMT, Jeff B > wrote:

>> If you had been reading this NG for any length of time, you
>> would not have bought a PNY card.... period.
>
>Not with a card that is unavailable world wide. On the rare chance that
>one does become available, you take it.
>
>besides, many ppl will get a defective card from a manufacturer, and
>from that one data point
>conclude that ALL such cards are defective. Since PNY cards are
>exactly the same design as EVGA/MSI/XFX/BFG, it should be no more or no
>less risky than any other brand.
>

>> One exception:-
>>
>> If you decide that you REALLY want a PNY card, then
>> buy it with the "return-for-exchange-no-questions-asked"
>> CompUSA extended warranty. And extend the warranty
>> if the replacement is another PNY card.
>
>That doesn't work cause you have to pay extra for that extended warranty.
>Besides, you can do the same thing for free with the manufactures warranty
>(theoretically) because cards normally can't be "fixed", they can only
>be replaced. But replaced with what?

CompUSA does not fix, only replace - with an equivalent card from
another manufacturer, or a later model from the same manufacturer
if the original is not stocked.

Wanna wait around for a recycled PNY defect ? PNY demonstrated
do not care about failed product.

Also, if you read the small-print of the PNY (er... ) "lifetime
warranty", you will see that it only applies to the production
lifetime of that particular model, which for some PNY lines is less
than 6 months. So if it is out of production and PNY does not
keep spare inventory, where are they going to get one for you ??
Oh, I know.... send you someone else's defective return.

Try BFG for a real lifetime manufacturer's warranty.

I still recommend the CompUSA extended warranty for
high-ticket items, purchased during a CompUSA sale of
course.

John Lewis

>Since component level servicing can't be done at the vendors repair
>depot, they will:
>
>1. return your card without doing anything to it, or
>
>2. replace it with a defective card someone else returned, or
>
>3. give you a new card.
>
>All vendors except PNY do 3 above, cause that's the only proper remedy.
>But if you are dealing with a unscrupulous vendor PNY, they will
>replace it with a different defective card they received from someone
>else. They figure that since they make it so inconvient to apply
>for warranty, they will eventually wear you down and you'll give up, and
>it hasn't cost them anything.
>
>I bought this card from Outpost.com, cause they'll give a full refund if
>you return it, and they don't charge extra.
>The bigger point is that in a world where 6800u are typically
>unavailable, you take what you can get and hope that you get a good
>card. This is what happened to me. I got a good card from PNY, and
>traded it for a defective card.
>
>The real problem is that PNY slapped a big'ol REFURBISHED sticker
>on the back, so now I have to worry that Outpost won't take it back
>cause it isn't the same card they originally sold me.

Mac Cool
September 4th 04, 11:26 PM
Jeff B > said:

>> If you had been reading this NG for any length of time, you
>> would not have bought a PNY card.... period.
>
> Not with a card that is unavailable world wide. On the rare chance that
> one does become available, you take it.

I was sympathizing until you wrote that... You took your chances, got
screwed, come here bitching and then refuse to acknowledge that in
retrospect, buying a PNY was a bad idea.

Most people eventually realize that anyone can sell a product that works
and everyone eventually sells a turd, the difference is what they do about
the turd.
--
Mac Cool

Jeff B
September 5th 04, 01:33 AM
> CompUSA does not fix, only replace - with an equivalent card from
> another manufacturer, or a later model from the same manufacturer
> if the original is not stocked.

really? Are you saying that if I bought a x800 pro from Comp,
then when they got x800xt's in stock, I could 'trade up' to the
x800xt (for more money, of course).

> Wanna wait around for a recycled PNY defect ? PNY demonstrated
> do not care about failed product.

You sure got that right!

> Also, if you read the small-print of the PNY (er... ) "lifetime
> warranty", you will see that it only applies to the production
> lifetime of that particular model, which for some PNY lines is less
> than 6 months.

Good point, but I've found that if a card lasts 6 months, it will
last 'forever', forever meaning until it dies
of absolescence.

> So if it is out of production and PNY does not
> keep spare inventory, where are they going to get one for you ??
> Oh, I know.... send you someone else's defective return.

LOL! They do that even when they have do have spare inventory!

Jeff B
September 5th 04, 01:42 AM
> I was sympathizing until you wrote that... You took your chances, got
> screwed, come here bitching

So you are saying that anyone who has the misfortune of getting a bad
card deserves to get screwed because after all, they "took a chance".

> and then refuse to acknowledge that in
> retrospect, buying a PNY was a bad idea.

Did you get my post mixed up with somebody elses?
Must have because
1. I did NOT get screwed by the purchase of a PNY card.
The card worked perectly.

2. Buying a PNY card was not a bad idea since it worked perfectly.

next time, try reading a persons post before you falsely accuse them of
wrong doing.

Jeff B
September 5th 04, 01:48 AM
rms wrote:

> Try using that same editor (or download a pre-modded bios from
> http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17272276
> etc., that fixes the freezing prob and perhaps raises the default core
> voltage.
>
> rms

Thanks RMS. Actually, I did eactly that, I used a BIOS editor to
fix the "can't change the clock" problem and that was the end of that
type of failure. I played D3 for 2-3 hours crash free after moding the
BIOS. Just as I thought I had successfully worked around the crashing
problem, a completely different prob for which there was no BIOS fix
surfaced.
It became incompatible with the Intel .inf update that I need to run for
my mobo.
That was the last straw, I called Outpost and got an RMA number.

OldFartJAC
September 5th 04, 02:07 AM
"Jeff B" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s54...

>> CompUSA does not fix, only replace - with an equivalent card from another
>> manufacturer, or a later model from the same manufacturer
>> if the original is not stocked.
>
> really? Are you saying that if I bought a x800 pro from Comp,
> then when they got x800xt's in stock, I could 'trade up' to the
> x800xt (for more money, of course).
>

>> Wanna wait around for a recycled PNY defect ? PNY demonstrated
>> do not care about failed product.
>
> You sure got that right!
>

>> Also, if you read the small-print of the PNY (er... ) "lifetime
>> warranty", you will see that it only applies to the production
>> lifetime of that particular model, which for some PNY lines is less
>> than 6 months.

I wish the above statement were true. I have replaced many video cards that
are more then 6 months old, including a couple of my own. BFG has the best
warranty around.

> Good point, but I've found that if a card lasts 6 months, it will
> last 'forever', forever meaning until it dies
> of absolescence.

>> So if it is out of production and PNY does not keep spare inventory,
>> where are they going to get one for you ??
>> Oh, I know.... send you someone else's defective return.
>
> LOL! They do that even when they have do have spare inventory!

GTX_SlotCar
September 5th 04, 03:12 AM
> which is 425/400 3D/2D. So what you say? Turns out, the prob all
> along is that with this particular brand of card, the D3 lockups are
> caused by different clock values for 2D/3D.

Is there a reason why you didn't send it back to Outpost in the first place?
Did you have the card for a long time or something?
I didn't realize the Ultra was only clocked at 400 memory. My eVga 6800GT is
at 500 default. It must be the faster memory timing or something.
The core can have different 2D/3D speeds, but the memory can't. Coolbits
adjusts the memory for 2D/3D together. You set one and the other
automatically changes.
I can think of at least 3 other OC utilities for your card. It seems like at
least one of them should have worked.
Anyway, good luck with your replacement for the replacement.

Gary

--

Tweaks & Reviews
www.slottweak.com

OldFartJAC
September 5th 04, 04:35 AM
The 6800 GT is 350 core and 1000 memory except for BFG cards like mine which
are OC'd slightly out of the box, 370 core and 1000 memory. 6800 Ultra's are
400 core and 1100 memory.
"GTX_SlotCar" > wrote in message
>> which is 425/400 3D/2D. So what you say? Turns out, the prob all
>> along is that with this particular brand of card, the D3 lockups are
>> caused by different clock values for 2D/3D.
>
> Is there a reason why you didn't send it back to Outpost in the first
> place?
> Did you have the card for a long time or something?
> I didn't realize the Ultra was only clocked at 400 memory. My eVga 6800GT
> is
> at 500 default. It must be the faster memory timing or something.
> The core can have different 2D/3D speeds, but the memory can't. Coolbits
> adjusts the memory for 2D/3D together. You set one and the other
> automatically changes.
> I can think of at least 3 other OC utilities for your card. It seems like
> at
> least one of them should have worked.
> Anyway, good luck with your replacement for the replacement.
>
> Gary
>

> --
>
> Tweaks & Reviews
> www.slottweak.com

StarQuake
September 5th 04, 02:34 PM
The issue of having different 2d/3d clock speeds is not unique to PNY - my
Point Of View card had the same problems.

All ok since syncing the 2 speeds.

Paul

"Jeff B" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s04...
> This Post goes way beyond the typical "I bought a
> ASUS/Abit/MSI motherboard. It didn't work right, so never by
> an ASUS/Abit/MSI motherboard!"
>
> PNYs idea of "warranty" is to send you a
> somebody elses reject. They even slap a "refurbished" sticker on
> the back, and it is one of those that voids the so called "warranty" if
> you remove it. Read on for the details:
>
> I got a 6800u, and had to send it back to PNY cause lockups
> in Doom3 were constant. Boy, what a mistake! (sending the card back, that
> is)
> This replacement CANNOT be clock adjusted AT ALL. With coolbits, I can
> move the slider, but doing so is pointless cause I get an error message
> and
> the adjustments won't stick. It always reverts back to "default"
> which is 425/400 3D/2D. So what you say? Turns out, the prob all
> along is that with this particular brand of card, the D3 lockups are
> caused by different clock values for 2D/3D. So in effect,
> PNY booby trapped the card by permanently fixing the clocks to
> values that cause the computer to crash. It was deliberate!
> And this has nothing to do with the AC characteristics of the card
> it will do 446 Mhz core. But they've done something to
> defeat coolbits, so you can't adjust the 2D/3D speed to make them the
> same. So my workaround was to use a BIOS editor to set the 2D/3D to the
> same value. This worked......for about 4 hours. Suddenly, I'm getting
> lockups and weird corruption during the windows splash screen. Pop in
> an EVGA card, no problem, so it was the card itself.
> The kicker is that the original card worked just fine. About 4 days AFTER
> I returned my perfectly good card, I found that it was a
> wrong setting problem,
> not a bad card. My original did 446/1114 core/mem, and worked perfectly.
> I traded it for "the card from hell" cause I mis diagnosed the problem.
>

> Bottom line is this:
> PNY gets in some number of problem cards over time, and all they do
> is shuffle them around and randomly send them back to unhappy customers.
> Joe gets Bills bad card, Bill gets Sams bad card, Sam gets Toms bad card,
> etc. No wonder they offer a "lifetime warranty", it doesn't cost them
> anything.
> I doubt if they do anything in terms of debug. So be advised if you have
> thoughts of sending a card back to PNY....you won't get
> a new card replacement, you'll get somebody elses reject.
>
> Jeff B

---

GTX_SlotCar
September 5th 04, 02:35 PM
"OldFartJAC" > wrote
> The 6800 GT is 350 core and 1000 memory ......6800 Ultra's are
> 400 core and 1100 memory.

I see. When Jeff said
"It always reverts back to 'default' which is 425/400 3D/2D", I thought he
was talking about 400x2 memory (DDR). What he meant was 425 core in 3D and
400 core in 2D. Well, in that case there's nothing wrong. The memory has to
be the same in 3D and 2D, but not the core.

Gary

--

Tweaks & Reviews
www.slottweak.com

Jeff B
September 5th 04, 03:10 PM
>>1. I did NOT get screwed by the purchase of a PNY card.
>> The card worked perectly.
>>2. Buying a PNY card was not a bad idea since it worked perfectly.
>

> What about after the sale?

If I had not sent my original card back, there would not have been
any "after the sale" problem.

>>next time, try reading a persons post before you falsely accuse them
>>of wrong doing.
>

> What wrong doing did I accuse?

Complaining because I was sent someone elses reject from PNY. Your
comment was that anyone who has the misfortune of getting a defective
product deserves whatever happens to them.
In other words, I'm the bad guy here, not PNY.

Jeff B
September 5th 04, 03:42 PM
> Is there a reason why you didn't send it back to Outpost in the first place?

Yes, Outpost did not have a replcement card available.

> Did you have the card for a long time or something?

Only about 5 days. I spent many hours in debug, not knowing it
was a setting problem. I had tried other cards in Doom3 that worked,
it never occured to me that different 2d/3d clocks was the problem.

> I didn't realize the Ultra was only clocked at 400 memory. My eVga 6800GT is
> at 500 default. It must be the faster memory timing or something.

I'm using a evga 6800GT right now. It too has a prolem, the memory has
poor AC characteristics, it will go only to 975 Mhz. The GPU is pretty
good though.

> The core can have different 2D/3D speeds, but the memory can't. Coolbits
> adjusts the memory for 2D/3D together. You set one and the other
> automatically changes.
> I can think of at least 3 other OC utilities for your card. It seems like at
> least one of them should have worked.

On that topic, I found that there's a catch with the "set 2d/3D clocks
to the same value" fix. Turns out that between 426 and 445 Mhz core, it
isn't possible. All values are mutually exclusive. The 3D list goes
425,428,430,433 etc. The 2D values are 425, 427,431,434etc. They don't
'sync up' until 446.
In the end, this wasn't a problem cause I could change the values with a
BIOS editor, so I successully played D3 at 433/1112......for about 2
hours. Then, a different bug surfaced. When booting, during the XP
slpash screen, the screen would get garbled and lockup. I traced the
prob to my Intel .inf update which is required for my particular mobo.
As soon as I installed it, the second prob occured. It was at that
point that I gave up and sent the card back to Outpost.
What I didn't emphasize in my posts is this:
When I first got the replacement card from PNY, it worked, I could
change clock values using coolbits. But after about one hour of use,
suddenly, coolbits stopped working and I could no longer change clocks.
Later the same day, the card suddenly developed the 'garbled screen'
problem. Point is, the card actually worked fine when
I first got it, then had two distinct failures within 3-4 hours.
It was at this point that I bailed and sent the card back to Outpost.
If they refuse to take it back, I'll be forced to deal with PNY again.

Jeff B

Jeff B
September 5th 04, 03:46 PM
StarQuake wrote:

> The issue of having different 2d/3d clock speeds is not unique to PNY - my
> Point Of View card had the same problems.
>
> All ok since syncing the 2 speeds.
>
> Paul

I've tried 3 different cards, PNY, BFG, evGA. The BFG and evga worked
fine at different 2d/3d speeds. the PNY did not.

How did you sync the clocks? I found that the 2d and 3d list of values
are different.

GTX_SlotCar
September 5th 04, 04:38 PM
Jeff, as a side note, don't judge all eVga 6800GTs by the one you're using
now. Mine goes to 415 core and 1170 memory (585x2) and is stable. Funny
though, I can blow a fan right on it and the core or memory won't go higher.
I put AS5 on the gpu and polished the bottom of the ramsink (took the paint
off) and filed down the standoffs for a closer fit to the memory, used AS5
on that, and it still won't clock higher. It runs quite a bit cooler, though
:-) I guess the card is at its limit.

As one who has just gone through a video card problem (lucky for me newegg
ended up taking care of it), I understand your frustration. I hope Outpost
sends you a new card. If not, maybe you'll get lucky with PNY and get your
old card back :-)
It's kind of ironic. Someone, somewhere, has returned a card to PNY and will
receive your old card and tell everyone how great it works and how great
PNY's warranty is.

Gary

--
Tweaks & Reviews
www.slottweak.com

Biz
September 5th 04, 04:43 PM
"Jeff B" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s03...

> >>1. I did NOT get screwed by the purchase of a PNY card.
> >> The card worked perectly.
> >>2. Buying a PNY card was not a bad idea since it worked perfectly.
> >

> > What about after the sale?
>
> If I had not sent my original card back, there would not have been
> any "after the sale" problem.
>
> >>next time, try reading a persons post before you falsely accuse them
> >>of wrong doing.
> >

> > What wrong doing did I accuse?
>
> Complaining because I was sent someone elses reject from PNY. Your
> comment was that anyone who has the misfortune of getting a defective
> product deserves whatever happens to them.
> In other words, I'm the bad guy here, not PNY.

Werent you the same guy whining weeks ago about how you didnt like some
card, and were actively spamming the heck out this group trying to sell it
because they were so scarce at the time and you thought it was a crap card?

Jeff B
September 5th 04, 05:36 PM
GTX_SlotCar wrote:

> Jeff, as a side note, don't judge all eVga 6800GTs by the one you're using
> now. Mine goes to 415 core and 1170 memory (585x2) and is stable. Funny
> though, I can blow a fan right on it and the core or memory won't go higher.
> I put AS5 on the gpu and polished the bottom of the ramsink (took the paint
> off) and filed down the standoffs for a closer fit to the memory, used AS5
> on that, and it still won't clock higher. It runs quite a bit cooler, though
> :-) I guess the card is at its limit.

No complaint about the eVGA card, although I'm dissappoited it won't
meet spec, that's just the luck of the draw. It does a great job on Doom3.

The repacement PNY card severly overheated. I didn't go to great
lengths to fix it, I just re seated the HS, applied new thermal grease,
and the temp dropped down by 40C.

> As one who has just gone through a video card problem (lucky for me newegg
> ended up taking care of it), I understand your frustration. I hope Outpost
> sends you a new card. If not, maybe you'll get lucky with PNY and get your
> old card back :-)

We'll see. What I don't understand is how 'Mac Cool' figures that
I'm the bad guy here, and getting screwed by PNY is exactly what I deserve.

> It's kind of ironic. Someone, somewhere, has returned a card to PNY and will
> receive your old card and tell everyone how great it works and how great
> PNY's warranty is.

No kidding! :)

Jeff B

Jeff B
September 5th 04, 05:58 PM

> Werent you the same guy whining weeks ago about how you didnt like some
> card, and were actively spamming the heck out this group trying to sell it
> because they were so scarce at the time and you thought it was a crap card?

No, I'm pretty sure that was 'kill Bill'. He's the only guy dumb enough
to tell the newsgroup that the card he's trying to sell is a "crap card".

Mr. Brian Allen
September 5th 04, 07:19 PM
> No, I'm pretty sure that was 'kill Bill'. He's the only guy dumb enough
> to tell the newsgroup that the card he's trying to sell is a "crap card".

That is funny.

Mac Cool
September 5th 04, 09:03 PM
Jeff B:

>>>1. I did NOT get screwed by the purchase of a PNY card.
>>> The card worked perectly.
>>>2. Buying a PNY card was not a bad idea since it worked perfectly.

>> What about after the sale?
>
> If I had not sent my original card back, there would not have been
> any "after the sale" problem.

But you did send it back... and there is an 'after the sale' problem
according to you. I just don't understand why you are bitching about PNY
on the one hand and defending them on the other. I'm starting to think
that Kill Bill's comment about you being a moron was actually correct.
The point is, ANYONE can sell you something that works and ANYONE can
sell you something that doesn't work; the DIFFERENCE between a good
company and a bad company is how they handle an unsatisfied customer.

Quote it. You're just making **** up. I never wrote that.
--
Mac Cool

JonnyWad
September 6th 04, 12:55 AM
Jeff B > wrote in message news:<%EF_c.378567$%[email protected]_s01>...
> StarQuake wrote:
>
> > The issue of having different 2d/3d clock speeds is not unique to PNY - my
> > Point Of View card had the same problems.
> >
> > All ok since syncing the 2 speeds.
> >
> > Paul
>
> I've tried 3 different cards, PNY, BFG, evGA. The BFG and evga worked
> fine at different 2d/3d speeds. the PNY did not.
>
> How did you sync the clocks? I found that the 2d and 3d list of values
> are different.

Try using the up/down arrow on your keyboard, genius. Or do you have
another sob story about how your 100 dollar wireless keyboard
conflicts with your wireless router and the arrow keys don't work but
they won't take it back because it's past 14 days and they screwed you
again...blah blah blah...LOL

Jeff B
September 6th 04, 01:49 AM
> But you did send it back... and there is an 'after the sale' problem
> according to you.

No, there is a "sent me someone elses reject problem", which, by the way,
happened after the sale.

>I just don't understand why you are bitching about PNY
> on the one hand and defending them on the other.

You definitely need to see an eye doctor, or perhaps you should try
not getting my posts mixed up with someone elses. I never said
anything that could be remotely construded as "defending PNY".
I have done exactly the opposite.

> I'm starting to think
> that Kill Bill's comment about you being a moron was actually correct.

So, you lie about what I said, then you falsely accuse me of
being a moron. I like guys like you who have nothing better to do
than make up stuff, then viciously attack ppl just for fun.
That shows real class. Of course anyone who has been reading your posts
for anytime has seen you do this to others, not just me.

>>Complaining because I was sent someone elses reject from PNY. Your
>>comment was that anyone who has the misfortune of getting a defective
>>product deserves whatever happens to them.
>

> Quote it. You're just making **** up. I never wrote that.

Liar. Check your 9/4/2004 4:26 post, your words:

"You took your chances, got
screwed, come here bitching"

So, I'm the bad guy for "complaining". I guess I deserve to
"get screwed" by PNY cause I "took a chance" by buying their card.
At least according to you.

You see, you can't get away with lying cause your posts stay on the
server.

Jeff B
September 6th 04, 02:05 AM
As long as you lie about what I said, viciously attack me,
I will defend myself. And stop saying "I never said that", it's on the
server as I've pointed out elsewhere.

> You are the one that has a problem with every video card he gets,

Now I'm suppose to apolgize for getting a bad card? Oh, that's right,
it's all my fault, I'm just "getting what I deserve". PNY has
exemplary warranty protection.

> you are
> the one that bitches about PNY on one hand and then defends them on the
> other, you are the one who keeps sending back perfectly good cards because
> the won't overclock enough or because they act wonky on your 300W PS.

Provide a quote/timestamp, or stop with the false accusations.
Or continue the smear campain and this thread will go on forever,
or at least until you reach puberty.

Jeff B

Mac Cool
September 6th 04, 02:15 AM
Jeff B:

Quote it. More bull****.

> Of course anyone who has been reading your
> posts for anytime has seen you do this to others, not just me.

Proof?

>> Quote it. You're just making **** up. I never wrote that.
>
> Liar. Check your 9/4/2004 4:26 post, your words:
>
> "You took your chances, got
> screwed, come here bitching"

So what, I never wrote that you deserved getting screwed nor did I ever
accuse you of any wrong doing. Now, either put up or shut up.

> So, I'm the bad guy for "complaining". I guess I deserve to
> "get screwed" by PNY cause I "took a chance" by buying their card.
> At least according to you.
>
> You see, you can't get away with lying cause your posts stay on the
> server.

Quote it.
Put up or shut up.
--
Mac Cool

Jeff B
September 6th 04, 02:40 AM
>>Liar. Check your 9/4/2004 4:26 post, your words:
>>
>>"You took your chances, got
>>screwed, come here bitching"
>

> So what,

So I quoted you accurately, proving that you accused me of wrongdoing
(bitching). The implication of your statement,
which you now don't deny, is that I have no cause to complain
for receiving a defective replacement card ("come here bitching"). Or
are you now
changing your story to say that I have every right to complain?
Well, which is it? Choose one version and stick with it.

>I never wrote that you deserved getting screwed nor did I ever
> accuse you of any wrong doing.

Liar, you accused me of "whining" and "bitching". And don't make the
mistake *again* of saying "I never said that". It's on the server,
ppl will see you are the liar, not me.

> Now, either put up or shut up.

your 9/4/2004 4:26 post, your words:

"You took your chances, got
screwed, come here bitching"

My original post was STRICTLY to warn others of the fact that PNY has
a deplorable warranty policy of sending out other peoples
rejects as warranty replacements. Most ppl took that the right way,
that I was doing a service to the unsuspecting. You took it
as an opening to launch a vicious smear campain, name calling,
false accusations, etc. Seems you are the type of
person who thinks this type of behavior is 'fun'. That is
pathetic.

Jeff B

Kill Bill
September 6th 04, 02:58 AM
"Jeff B" > wrote in message
news:%[email protected]_s53...

>> Werent you the same guy whining weeks ago about how you didnt like some
>> card, and were actively spamming the heck out this group trying to sell
>> it
>> because they were so scarce at the time and you thought it was a crap
>> card?
>
> No, I'm pretty sure that was 'kill Bill'. He's the only guy dumb enough
> to tell the newsgroup that the card he's trying to sell is a "crap card".

No, that was you and everybody here knows it you little prick.
http://tinyurl.com/5mlqq Keep your ****ing lies to yourself.

Kill Bill
September 6th 04, 03:10 AM
"Jeff B" > wrote in message news:[email protected]_s52...

>> But you did send it back... and there is an 'after the sale' problem
>> according to you.
>
> No, there is a "sent me someone elses reject problem", which, by the way,
> happened after the sale.
>
>>I just don't understand why you are bitching about PNY on the one hand and
>>defending them on the other.
>
> You definitely need to see an eye doctor, or perhaps you should try
> not getting my posts mixed up with someone elses. I never said
> anything that could be remotely construded as "defending PNY".
> I have done exactly the opposite.

1. I did NOT get screwed by the purchase of a PNY card.
The card worked perectly.

2. Buying a PNY card was not a bad idea since it worked perfectly.

That was you. Wow.

>> I'm starting to think that Kill Bill's comment about you being a moron
>> was actually correct.
>
> So, you lie about what I said, then you falsely accuse me of
> being a moron. I like guys like you who have nothing better to do
> than make up stuff, then viciously attack ppl just for fun.
> That shows real class. Of course anyone who has been reading your posts
> for anytime has seen you do this to others, not just me.

Kind of like you making up a stupid comment about me selling anything on
this or any other newgroup when you're actually the dickhead spammer.
Un-****ing believable.

> You see, you can't get away with lying cause your posts stay on the
> server.

You got that right asshole.

Kill Bill
September 6th 04, 04:17 AM
"Mac Cool" > wrote in message
> Jeff B:
>
>>> You are the one that has a problem with every video card he gets,
>>
>> Now I'm suppose to apolgize for getting a bad card? Oh, that's right,
>> it's all my fault, I'm just "getting what I deserve".
>
> First, until you can quote where I wrote that you deserved to get scewed,
> you need to lay off the bull****; second, you just don't seem to get that
> a company's actions after the sale are more important than during the
> sale. That was the point I've tried to make clear in every post but you
> just keep spewing bull**** lies about what I really wrote. I don't know
> what your problem is.
> --
> Mac Cool

I think it's either short term memory loss or some kind of selective mental
retardation. Idiot boy will post some **** and then 3 replies later,
completely change his story and claim he never posted anything of the sort.
And at the same time start putting words in anybody's mouth. It's
maddeningly comical. Same as the "Compusa" thread or the one where his card
was overheating and then not. I only said "maybe" he was a moron, looks
like the proof came shortly thereafter.

Jeff B
September 6th 04, 04:46 AM
> No, that was you and everybody here knows it you little prick.

Nope, I never said "I have a crap card, anybody wanna buy it from me?"
You're the only one stupid enough to do that.

Jeff B

Jeff B
September 6th 04, 04:50 AM
> Kind of like you making up a stupid comment about me

I don't need to create stuff that proves you're an idiot,
your own posts do that.

Jeff B

Jeff B
September 6th 04, 04:57 AM
Mac Cool wrote:

> Jeff B:
>

>>>You are the one that has a problem with every video card he gets,
>>
>>Now I'm suppose to apolgize for getting a bad card? Oh, that's right,
>>it's all my fault, I'm just "getting what I deserve".
>

> First, until you can quote where I wrote that you deserved to get scewed,
> you need to lay off the bull****;

So now you are changing your story? You're saying that I have every
right to complain/bitch?

Quote:
"You took your chances, got
screwed, come here bitching"

The implication is that I deserve to get screwed.
Now, if you want to claim that there was no such implication,
that I have every right to complain, then we'll argue about that
next.

Jeff B

Jeff B
September 6th 04, 04:59 AM

> I think it's either short term memory loss or some kind of selective mental
> retardation. Idiot boy will post some **** and then 3 replies later,
> completely change his story and claim he never posted anything of the sort.
> And at the same time start putting words in anybody's mouth. It's
> maddeningly comical. Same as the "Compusa" thread or the one where his card
> was overheating and then not.

No, that was your thread, not mine.

I only said "maybe" he was a moron, looks
> like the proof came shortly thereafter.

You need to back up your false accusations with some proof.

Jeff B

Kill Bill
September 6th 04, 06:10 AM
"Jeff B" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s03...

>> No, that was you and everybody here knows it you little prick.
>
> Nope, I never said "I have a crap card, anybody wanna buy it from me?"
> You're the only one stupid enough to do that.
>
> Jeff B

I have no idea what the **** you're talking about.

Kill Bill
September 6th 04, 06:12 AM
news:XgR_c.382763$%[email protected]_s01...

Find it and show me lying mother****er.

> I only said "maybe" he was a moron, looks
>> like the proof came shortly thereafter.
>
> You need to back up your false accusations with some proof.
>
> Jeff B

That would be true if they were actually "false" accusations.

Jeff B
September 6th 04, 03:38 PM
Same as the "Compusa" thread or the one where
>>>his card was overheating and then not.
>>
>>No, that was your thread, not mine.
>

> Find it and show me lying mother****er.

You fabricate a "CompUSA thread" then a "overheating" thread,
and attribute them to me, so don't accuse *me* of lying about what you
said, you damn hypocrite.

> That would be true if they were actually "false" accusations.

And yet you can find no quote, no thread, no post of these
'moronic' things I supposedly said.

You need to understand something....a NG is a forum to discuss things.
Part of that is warning others of bad products, bad policies of
unscrupulous vendors. So when you read my posts warning people of,
say, a vendor that recycles bad cards to unsuspecting customers,
don't characterize my post as "whining" or "complaining".
I'll continue to perform this service just as 99% of the people
in this NG do, so if it upsets you to hear of bad products, don't read
my posts.

Kill Bill
September 6th 04, 04:37 PM
"Jeff B" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s54...
> Same as the "Compusa" thread or the one where
>>>
>>>No, that was your thread, not mine.
>>

>> Find it and show me lying mother****er.
>
> You fabricate a "CompUSA thread" then a "overheating" thread,
> and attribute them to me, so don't accuse *me* of lying about what you
> said, you damn hypocrite.

http://tinyurl.com/3kp7d
http://tinyurl.com/48987
Here you go asswipe, read em' and weep.

>> That would be true if they were actually "false" accusations.
>
> And yet you can find no quote, no thread, no post of these
> 'moronic' things I supposedly said.

See above.

Biz
September 6th 04, 04:55 PM
Its also for kill-filing whiny ass little bitches like you...

Man are you an idiot. Kill Bill actually gives you links to the posts that
are archived on Google, and you still say you didnt say it?

*PLONK!

"Jeff B" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s54...
> Same as the "Compusa" thread or the one where
> >>
> >>No, that was your thread, not mine.
> >

> > Find it and show me lying mother****er.
>
> You fabricate a "CompUSA thread" then a "overheating" thread,
> and attribute them to me, so don't accuse *me* of lying about what you
> said, you damn hypocrite.
> >

> > That would be true if they were actually "false" accusations.
>
> And yet you can find no quote, no thread, no post of these
> 'moronic' things I supposedly said.
>
> You need to understand something....a NG is a forum to discuss things.
> Part of that is warning others of bad products, bad policies of
> unscrupulous vendors. So when you read my posts warning people of,
> say, a vendor that recycles bad cards to unsuspecting customers,
> don't characterize my post as "whining" or "complaining".
> I'll continue to perform this service just as 99% of the people
> in this NG do, so if it upsets you to hear of bad products, don't read
> my posts.

StarQuake
September 6th 04, 08:24 PM
Just set both values to 425 by enabling coolbits registry patch.
I believe the problem affects all cards that run at separate speeds (i.e.
those that have been increased by manufacturers to 425mhz).

Paul

"Jeff B" > wrote in message
news:%EF_c.378567$%[email protected]_s01...

> StarQuake wrote:
>
>> The issue of having different 2d/3d clock speeds is not unique to PNY -
>> my Point Of View card had the same problems.
>>
>> All ok since syncing the 2 speeds.
>>
>> Paul
>
> I've tried 3 different cards, PNY, BFG, evGA. The BFG and evga worked
> fine at different 2d/3d speeds. the PNY did not.
>
> How did you sync the clocks? I found that the 2d and 3d list of values
> are different.

---

Jeff B
September 6th 04, 08:47 PM
> http://tinyurl.com/3kp7d
> http://tinyurl.com/48987
> Here you go asswipe, read em' and weep.

These broken links that go nowhere simply prove what I've been saying
all along. No wonder you're the laughing stock of the NG.

Jeff B

Jeff B
September 6th 04, 08:49 PM
> Kill Bill actually gives you links to the posts

No, he gave a broken link that went nowhere.

> that
> are archived on Google, and you still say you didnt say it?

Ah, the third of the three stooges speaks.

Jeff B

Jeff B
September 6th 04, 08:52 PM
StarQuake wrote:

> Just set both values to 425 by enabling coolbits registry patch.
> I believe the problem affects all cards that run at separate speeds (i.e.
> those that have been increased by manufacturers to 425mhz).
>
> Paul

That worked for me on the 'recycled' PNY card....for about 2 hours. Then,
for no apparent reason, I got an error message whenever I tried to set
the 2D clock to 425 (or any other value other than 400).

Timothy Drouillard
September 6th 04, 09:41 PM
Links work fine for me....

"Jeff B" > wrote in message
news:j93%[email protected]_s54...

> > http://tinyurl.com/3kp7d
> > http://tinyurl.com/48987
> > Here you go asswipe, read em' and weep.
>
> These broken links that go nowhere simply prove what I've been saying
> all along. No wonder you're the laughing stock of the NG.
>
> Jeff B

J. Clarke
September 6th 04, 11:10 PM
Jeff B wrote:

>> http://tinyurl.com/3kp7d
>> http://tinyurl.com/48987
>> Here you go asswipe, read em' and weep.
>
> These broken links that go nowhere simply prove what I've been saying
> all along. No wonder you're the laughing stock of the NG.

Actually they prove that you need to fix your system. You appear to be the
only one for whom they are broken.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

PWY
September 6th 04, 11:14 PM
"Jeff B" > wrote in message
news:lb3%[email protected]_s54...

> > Kill Bill actually gives you links to the posts
>
> No, he gave a broken link that went nowhere.
>
>> that
>> are archived on Google, and you still say you didnt say it?
>
> Ah, the third of the three stooges speaks.
>
> Jeff B

And here is the fourth one, the links work perfectly for me. Troll.

Jeff B
September 7th 04, 02:32 AM

> Actually they prove that you need to fix your system. You appear to be the
> only one for whom they are broken.

At the time I posted, they were broken. Now they work.

Jeff B
September 7th 04, 02:36 AM
Ok, so I posted to a thread which mentioned
CompUSA. So what? In this thread, I pointed out that Comp has
15% restocking fee. What's your point? What about all the others
who posted to this thread?

Jeff B

Jeff B
September 7th 04, 02:50 AM
In your other link, (which now works), I posted
my experience with a 6800 GT card. Is your
point that anyone who reports the characteristics of
a vid card is 'bad' or guilty of wrongdoing? This goes hand in hand
with your critcism
of me, that I should not have warned anyone about PNY's
warranty policy.

It's obvious by your posts that you're a sniveling little
coward who counts on the anonymity of cyberspace to protect you.
If you behaved in
the real world as you do in NG, you'd be getting the **** kicked out
of you about every five minutes.

Jeff B

Kill Bill
September 7th 04, 03:11 AM
"Jeff B" > wrote in message
news:kt8%[email protected]_s53...

> It's obvious by your posts that you're a sniveling little
> coward who counts on the anonymity of cyberspace to protect you.
> If you behaved in
> the real world as you do in NG, you'd be getting the **** kicked out
> of you about every five minutes.
>
> Jeff B

Another classic post from AKA AKA
AKA

We'll just add it to the archives. Thanks.

Kill Bill
September 7th 04, 03:13 AM
"Mac Cool" > wrote in message
> Jeff B:
>
>>> First, until you can quote where I wrote that you deserved to get
>>> scewed, you need to lay off the bull****;
>>
>> So now you are changing your story? You're saying that I have every
>> right to complain/bitch?
>>
>> Quote:
>> "You took your chances, got screwed, come here bitching"
>
> You obviously have as many mental problems as computer problems.
>
> Kill Bill has you pegged.
> I'm done with you.
> --
> Mac Cool

Which one of us should tell him how to spell "awful" anyway? Lol...

Jeff B
September 7th 04, 04:18 AM
> I'm done with you.

No, we'll hear from you again. I'll do another
"public service" post and you'll criticize me once again for
helping others.

Oh, and if I were you, I wouldn't want to associate too closely
with that red neck "kill Bill". Judging from his 90% profanity posts,
he's obviously a 5th grade dropout.

Jeff B

Jeff B
September 7th 04, 04:25 AM
> Not only that, but after complaining about it clocking back at 90 degrees,
> he claims to MXC that the card maxes at 78 degrees, to which MXC calls him
> a moron. He can't even keep his story straight within his own thread.

I never said the card maxes out at 78C, at least not in context.
BTW, when are either you, Biz, or Kill Bill going to answer my question
about these two threads?

Jeff B

Jeff B
September 7th 04, 05:06 AM
> You obviously have as many mental problems

All I did was offer a post exposing PNY's warranty
policy. Of course to you, trying to help others
qualifies as a "mental problem". And don't say
"I never said that".

Jeff B

Jeff B
September 7th 04, 05:10 AM
> Just like all those 6800s and X800s you've supposably tested and sent back
> as defective.

I've never sent back any vid card as defective, except the replacement
PNY card.

Jeff B

Jeff B
September 7th 04, 05:25 AM
Timothy Drouillard wrote:
> Links work fine for me....

And what are these links suppose to prove? In one,
I pointed out that CompUSA return policy is to charge
a 15% restock fee. In the other, I reported the
temps on my 6800 GT vid card. So what?
A better question is why did Mac Cool take great
offense over me exposing PNY's warranty procedure?
He should have thanked me, not start calling me names.

Jeff B

Jeff B
September 7th 04, 05:27 AM
> Which one of us should tell him how to spell "awful" anyway? Lol...

This coming from a red neck whose vocabulary is limited to four-letter
words.

Jeff B

Kill Bill
September 7th 04, 06:43 AM
"Jeff B" > wrote in message
news:XS9%[email protected]_s03...

>> Not only that, but after complaining about it clocking back at 90
>> degrees, he claims to MXC that the card maxes at 78 degrees, to which MXC
>> calls him a moron. He can't even keep his story straight within his own
>> thread.
>
> I never said the card maxes out at 78C, at least not in context.
> BTW, when are either you, Biz, or Kill Bill going to answer my question
> about these two threads?
>
> Jeff B

http://tinyurl.com/455yl Idiot.

Kill Bill
September 7th 04, 06:46 AM
"Jeff B" > wrote in message
news:RMa%[email protected]_s04...

>> Which one of us should tell him how to spell "awful" anyway? Lol...
>
> This coming from a red neck whose vocabulary is limited to four-letter
> words.
>
> Jeff B

My neck only gets red when I play 18 holes instead of the usual 9 after
work.

Kill Bill
September 7th 04, 06:50 AM
"Jeff B" > wrote in message
news:9M9%c.389600$%[email protected]_s01...

>> I'm done with you.
>
> No, we'll hear from you again. I'll do another
> "public service" post and you'll criticize me once again for
> helping others.
>
> Oh, and if I were you, I wouldn't want to associate too closely
> with that red neck "kill Bill". Judging from his 90% profanity posts,
> he's obviously a 5th grade dropout.
>
> Jeff B

Yeah, it's terrible. I only made $50/hour today at work. (double time and
a 1/2) Well, I watched a couple movies and then "worked" for 4 hours
punching a keyboard. Guess I should've gone to college. Damn it!

Jeff B
September 7th 04, 03:11 PM
>>I never said the card maxes out at 78C, at least not in context.
>>BTW, when are either you, Biz, or Kill Bill going to answer my question
>>about these two threads?
>>
>>Jeff B
>>

> http://tinyurl.com/455yl Idiot.

Like I said, I never said my 6800GT maxes out at 78C IN CONTEXT.
The context being 'under full load'. At idle, maxes out at 78C.
In games, it runs much hotter.
Anything else, wiseass?

Jeff B

Jeff B
September 7th 04, 03:18 PM
> http://tinyurl.com/455yl Idiot.

What? No response?

Jeff B

Jeff B
September 7th 04, 03:22 PM
> Yeah, it's terrible. I only made $50/hour today at work.

Hmm....I didn't realize janitorial work paid that well.

Jeff B

Jeff B
September 7th 04, 09:02 PM
Lynn Gweeny wrote:
> :: I never said the card maxes out at 78C, at least not in context.
>
> plonk

I never said the the card maxes out at 78C while playing games.
mac Cool knew this, so he tried to make it look like I changed
my story by deliberately taking my statement out of context.
Of course his little sneaker play didn't work,....

Mac Cool only hurts himself with these dumb tricks.
Like telling people I "defended PNY" when in reality, I did nothing
but attack them. Maybe someday he'll learn. Then again
probably not cause he isn't that bright

Jeff B

Jeff B
September 7th 04, 11:37 PM
Mark Ingram wrote:

> 4 phuk sake, take it somewhere else, every time U post in this group U R
> whining about something

U = 5th grade dropout

Jeff B
September 8th 04, 04:35 AM
Jeff B wrote:

> Mark Ingram wrote:
>
>> 4 phuk sake, take it somewhere else, every time U post in this group U
>> R whining about something
>

> U = 5th grade dropout

What? No smart ass remarks from Curly, Larry, or Moe?
C'mon guys! Mac Cool must have some more made up lies to
tell about me, like "he claimed his 6800 GT maxes out at 78C in games."
And what about Kill Bill? Guess he's too tired from a hard day
in the security guard shack at Wal Mart....
Biz? Wanna show off that fabulous vocabulary of yours?

Jeff B

ErichW
September 10th 04, 10:57 PM
Jeff B wrote:

> StarQuake wrote:
>
>> Just set both values to 425 by enabling coolbits registry patch.
>> I believe the problem affects all cards that run at separate speeds
>> (i.e. those that have been increased by manufacturers to 425mhz).
>>
>> Paul
>

> That worked for me on the 'recycled' PNY card....for about 2 hours. Then,
> for no apparent reason, I got an error message whenever I tried to set
> the 2D clock to 425 (or any other value other than 400).

Meh I have a 5200 PNY (the 128bit version with the dual vga outs). I
can run that thing at diff clock speeds for mem and core, which includes
being able to run the 3d and 2d at seperate or equal values). Either
your just pulling everyones chain, or something. I'm sorry but I think
your FOS. IMHO.