PDA

View Full Version : Dell Laptop with Geforce 4200 not switching back from CRT mode

Erik Tank
September 1st 04, 10:57 PM
Used to work like this:
Hook up an external monitor - FN+F8 - display switches to multi-mode -
displayed cloned on external monitor and laptop monitor.

Now it is doing this:
Hook up an external monitor - FN+F8 - Display switches to External
monitor - pressing FN+F8 will not do anything but make the monitors
flicker.

Does anyone have any ideas why the laptop is not picking up it's own
monitor and why the two monitors cannot function at once anymore in
clone mode?

We can get both monitors on if we extend the windows desktop, but we
only need it as a cloned desktop. Any suggestions?

Thank you google members!

Tank
September 3rd 04, 07:29 PM
ANY HELP HERE?