PDA

View Full Version : Which BIOS for my nVidia card? help me, I need big help!!!!

Papcina
August 30th 04, 01:25 AM
Hi there!
So, I founded the programs for flashing, made the boot disk and made a
backup of the original ROM.. and now comes problems.
On this page http://whitebunny.demon.nl/hardware/chipset_nvidia.html I
founded the BIOS for my card. It is an ASUS AGP-V3800M with nVidia
RIVA TNT2 Model 64/64Pro chip with 32MB.......(so long :-)))
and the bios for my card would be what???
I can download the BIOS for m64 and m64pro....
and please if you can, download it also (both) and tell me which of
them I should use? In the downloaded files I have more then 4 ROMs.
Which of them is the correct one?
Please help me...

Thanks

regards
--
Proud to be Papcina!!!!
A big hello from Papcina

James
August 30th 04, 01:49 AM
I would say the 3..5.00.10 (M64PRO). But that's from reading the
descriptions.

"Papcina" > wrote in
message ...
> Hi there!
> So, I founded the programs for flashing, made the boot disk and made a
> backup of the original ROM.. and now comes problems.
> On this page http://whitebunny.demon.nl/hardware/chipset_nvidia.html I
> founded the BIOS for my card. It is an ASUS AGP-V3800M with nVidia
> RIVA TNT2 Model 64/64Pro chip with 32MB.......(so long :-)))
> and the bios for my card would be what???
> I can download the BIOS for m64 and m64pro....
> and please if you can, download it also (both) and tell me which of
> them I should use? In the downloaded files I have more then 4 ROMs.
> Which of them is the correct one?
> Please help me...
>
> Thanks
>
> regards
> --
> Proud to be Papcina!!!!
> A big hello from Papcina
> e-mail:

Papcina
August 30th 04, 01:03 PM
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 00:49:43 GMT, "James" > wrote
this text which is not true at all :

>I would say the 3..5.00.10 (M64PRO). But that's from reading the
>descriptions.
>
>"Papcina" > wrote in
>message ...
>> Hi there!
>> So, I founded the programs for flashing, made the boot disk and made a
>> backup of the original ROM.. and now comes problems.
>> On this page http://whitebunny.demon.nl/hardware/chipset_nvidia.html I
>> founded the BIOS for my card. It is an ASUS AGP-V3800M with nVidia
>> RIVA TNT2 Model 64/64Pro chip with 32MB.......(so long :-)))
>> and the bios for my card would be what???
>> I can download the BIOS for m64 and m64pro....
>> and please if you can, download it also (both) and tell me which of
>> them I should use? In the downloaded files I have more then 4 ROMs.
>> Which of them is the correct one?
>> Please help me...
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> regards
>> --
>> Proud to be Papcina!!!!
>> A big hello from Papcina
>> e-mail:

yes, but download that file, and in it are 4 ROM files.... which one
of them I need to use?
--
Proud to be Papcina!!!!
A big hello from Papcina

Papcina
August 30th 04, 05:00 PM
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 00:49:43 GMT, "James" > wrote
this text which is not true at all :

>I would say the 3..5.00.10 (M64PRO). But that's from reading the
>descriptions.
>
>"Papcina" > wrote in
>message ...
>> Hi there!
>> So, I founded the programs for flashing, made the boot disk and made a
>> backup of the original ROM.. and now comes problems.
>> On this page http://whitebunny.demon.nl/hardware/chipset_nvidia.html I
>> founded the BIOS for my card. It is an ASUS AGP-V3800M with nVidia
>> RIVA TNT2 Model 64/64Pro chip with 32MB.......(so long :-)))
>> and the bios for my card would be what???
>> I can download the BIOS for m64 and m64pro....
>> and please if you can, download it also (both) and tell me which of
>> them I should use? In the downloaded files I have more then 4 ROMs.
>> Which of them is the correct one?
>> Please help me...
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> regards
>> --
>> Proud to be Papcina!!!!
>> A big hello from Papcina
>> e-mail:

I have a question. The original BIOS is 64Kb large.... the BIOS-es I
donwloaded from net are all les then 50Kb.... what now? And the worse
thing, in one downloaded file I have 4 ROM files...so what should I
flash?
Please, anyone help me beacuse I am going desperate and I really need
to flash the card....
--
Proud to be Papcina!!!!
A big hello from Papcina

Papcina
August 30th 04, 06:20 PM
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 02:25:48 +0200, Papcina
> wrote this text
which is not true at all :

>Hi there!
>So, I founded the programs for flashing, made the boot disk and made a
>backup of the original ROM.. and now comes problems.
>On this page http://whitebunny.demon.nl/hardware/chipset_nvidia.html I
>founded the BIOS for my card. It is an ASUS AGP-V3800M with nVidia
>RIVA TNT2 Model 64/64Pro chip with 32MB.......(so long :-)))
>and the bios for my card would be what???
>I can download the BIOS for m64 and m64pro....
>and please if you can, download it also (both) and tell me which of
>them I should use? In the downloaded files I have more then 4 ROMs.
>Which of them is the correct one?
>Please help me...
>
>Thanks
>
>regards

hi again...
so I took a shot and flashed my card with a BIOS I found on this site
http://www.x86-secret.com/articles/nvbios.htm#TnT2 (TNT2M64 without
TV-out, bios 3,05.....)
I went in DOS, wrote nvflash -f name-of-bios.rom and.... wtf?!?!?
it gave me this:

bla bla bla.......
file opened succesfully
bla bla bla.......
Warning: ROM file Subsystem ID (0000.0000) doesn't match chip
PCI Subsystem ID (1043.0201)
Error: PCI Subsystem mismatch

Why this happened?
Then I flashed the card with original BIOS and it is OK now...
Can anyone help me? Please?

Regards

P.S.- The BIOS I downloaded is only 38Kb large, and the original is
64Kb......
--
Proud to be Papcina!!!!
A big hello from Papcina

Alex Layfield
September 9th 04, 07:03 PM
Yep... I did the same... I have the same card... but when I flashed it... I
got a 16Mb Card! So reflashed to get everything back in order...

I got the same messages tho' and the flash did go thru'...

If you find the right one... drop me a line...

aleX

"Papcina" > wrote in
message ...
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 02:25:48 +0200, Papcina
> > wrote this text
> which is not true at all :
>
> >Hi there!
> >So, I founded the programs for flashing, made the boot disk and made a
> >backup of the original ROM.. and now comes problems.
> >On this page http://whitebunny.demon.nl/hardware/chipset_nvidia.html I
> >founded the BIOS for my card. It is an ASUS AGP-V3800M with nVidia
> >RIVA TNT2 Model 64/64Pro chip with 32MB.......(so long :-)))
> >and the bios for my card would be what???
> >I can download the BIOS for m64 and m64pro....
> >and please if you can, download it also (both) and tell me which of
> >them I should use? In the downloaded files I have more then 4 ROMs.
> >Which of them is the correct one?
> >Please help me...
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >regards
>
> hi again...
> so I took a shot and flashed my card with a BIOS I found on this site
> http://www.x86-secret.com/articles/nvbios.htm#TnT2 (TNT2M64 without
> TV-out, bios 3,05.....)
> I went in DOS, wrote nvflash -f name-of-bios.rom and.... wtf?!?!?
> it gave me this:
>
> bla bla bla.......
> file opened succesfully
> bla bla bla.......
> Warning: ROM file Subsystem ID (0000.0000) doesn't match chip
> PCI Subsystem ID (1043.0201)
> Error: PCI Subsystem mismatch
>
> Why this happened?
> Then I flashed the card with original BIOS and it is OK now...
> Can anyone help me? Please?
>
> Regards
>
> P.S.- The BIOS I downloaded is only 38Kb large, and the original is
> 64Kb......
> --
> Proud to be Papcina!!!!
> A big hello from Papcina
> e-mail:

Papcina
September 10th 04, 05:54 AM
On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 19:03:34 +0100, "Alex Layfield"
> wrote this text which is not true at
all :

>Yep... I did the same... I have the same card... but when I flashed it... I
>got a 16Mb Card! So reflashed to get everything back in order...
>
>I got the same messages tho' and the flash did go thru'...
>
>If you find the right one... drop me a line...
>

>aleX

If I find it, be sure I will let you know.... but the problem is that
all of the BIOS I downloaded the nvflash after can't open or gives
that message. And I tried opening that BIOSes with BIOS Editor and
they workedn fine... so wtf???!?! :-))

Regards
--
Proud to be Papcina!!!!
A big hello from Papcina

Mal
September 10th 04, 07:11 AM
"Papcina" > wrote in
message ...
> Hi there!
> So, I founded the programs for flashing, made the boot disk and made a
> backup of the original ROM.. and now comes problems.
> On this page http://whitebunny.demon.nl/hardware/chipset_nvidia.html I
> founded the BIOS for my card. It is an ASUS AGP-V3800M with nVidia
> RIVA TNT2 Model 64/64Pro chip with 32MB.......(so long :-)))
> and the bios for my card would be what???
> I can download the BIOS for m64 and m64pro....
> and please if you can, download it also (both) and tell me which of
> them I should use? In the downloaded files I have more then 4 ROMs.
> Which of them is the correct one?
> Please help me...
>
> Thanks
>
> regards
> --
> Proud to be Papcina!!!!
> A big hello from Papcina
> e-mail:

why are you trying to flash the rom on your video card?

Alex Layfield
September 10th 04, 09:33 AM
The old dangerous boredom...

Seeing if I can sqeeze any thing more out of the card... also I read that
Rivatuner, as excellent as it is, can shorten the card's life as opposed to
a BIOS overclock right from the start...

aleX

Living Life on a Shoestring...

Alex Layfield
September 10th 04, 09:38 AM
I also think, Papcina, that if the size of the new BIOS is different... i.e.
38K as opposed to the 64K that's on the card, the nvflash will warn anyhow,
whether it's a good .rom or not...

I too have 4 samples...

aleX

The more one knows, the more confused...

bp
September 10th 04, 11:31 AM
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:33:44 +0100, "Alex Layfield"
> wrote:

>The old dangerous boredom...
>
>Seeing if I can sqeeze any thing more out of the card... also I read that
>Rivatuner, as excellent as it is, can shorten the card's life as opposed to
>a BIOS overclock right from the start...

Over clocking is over clocking. It doesn't matter what you use to do
it with.

>aleX
>
>Living Life on a Shoestring...

Papcina
September 10th 04, 02:06 PM
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:38:35 +0100, "Alex Layfield"
> wrote this text which is not true at
all :

>I also think, Papcina, that if the size of the new BIOS is different... i.e.
>38K as opposed to the 64K that's on the card, the nvflash will warn anyhow,
>whether it's a good .rom or not...
>
>I too have 4 samples...

yes, I founded on the net an web page with only one ROM but it is also
and less then 50K... I will try all of them today or tomorrow to se if
any of them is good... by the way, you have the ASUS TNT2 or other?

Regards
--
Proud to be Papcina!!!!
A big hello from Papcina

Papcina
September 10th 04, 05:06 PM
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:38:35 +0100, "Alex Layfield"
> wrote this text which is not true at
all :

>I also think, Papcina, that if the size of the new BIOS is different... i.e.
>38K as opposed to the 64K that's on the card, the nvflash will warn anyhow,
>whether it's a good .rom or not...
>
>I too have 4 samples...
>

>aleX
>
>The more one knows, the more confused...

Hi, I have an ASUS TNT2 bla bla bla....
what would be if I flash the card with an BIOS which is from an
Gainward or other manufacturer but with the same chip?
And can you open the original ROM with the Ray Adams BIOS editor? I
can't, it says me that it has an old unsupported block.
Anyway, I tried all five BIOS I had and every time I received the
message that the .rom file couldn't be opened.....
do you have any suggestion?

Regards
--
Proud to be Papcina!!!!
A big hello from Papcina

Papcina
September 10th 04, 05:30 PM
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:33:44 +0100, "Alex Layfield"
> wrote this text which is not true at
all :

>The old dangerous boredom...
>
>Seeing if I can sqeeze any thing more out of the card... also I read that
>Rivatuner, as excellent as it is, can shorten the card's life as opposed to
>a BIOS overclock right from the start...
>

>aleX
>
>Living Life on a Shoestring...

maybe you will be interested for this... it is not a BIOS though...
:-))
http://freeweb.siol.net/jerman55/HP/AGPset.htm
and http://freeweb.siol.net/jerman55/HP/mods.htm check that RGB video
filter...

regards..

P.S.- Searching for the who knows what time again the BIOS on the
net...
--
Proud to be Papcina!!!!
A big hello from Papcina

Papcina
September 10th 04, 05:39 PM
On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 19:03:34 +0100, "Alex Layfield"
> wrote this text which is not true at
all :

>Yep... I did the same... I have the same card... but when I flashed it... I
>got a 16Mb Card! So reflashed to get everything back in order...
>
>I got the same messages tho' and the flash did go thru'...
>
>If you find the right one... drop me a line...
>

>aleX

could you please send me on mail that BIOS you've flashed it (the one
that after gave you 16MB)?

Regards
--
Proud to be Papcina!!!!