PDA

View Full Version : BFG 6800 Ultra OC

Richard Dower
August 21st 04, 10:52 PM
Doe anyone have this card?, is it good and what are the temps like compared
to other cards?

One important issue....is it true, and i wanna hear from BFG owners, that
BFG remove the stock heatsinks and lap them/clean them down and put on
Arctic Silver 5 as the TIM?

I mean, do they get rid of the crappy pads that Nvidia refrence cards come
with?

Any insights into these cards would be cool.

Jeff B
August 21st 04, 11:34 PM
Richard Dower wrote:
> Doe anyone have this card?, is it good and what are the temps like compared
> to other cards?
>
> One important issue....is it true, and i wanna hear from BFG owners, that
> BFG remove the stock heatsinks and lap them/clean them down and put on
> Arctic Silver 5 as the TIM?

I removed the HSF from mine, (my first one) and there was
no pad. There was AS5 just as said (or something that
looked like AS5).
I have a brand new one still in shrinkwrap for sale,