PDA

View Full Version : 3.4C + GA-8KNXP?

Richard Dower
August 21st 04, 12:04 PM
Is anyone using an intel Pentium 4 Northwood, 3.4GHz on a GA-8KNXP, rev 2.1?

BIOS support is my concern, does the FH BIOS support a 3.4C or a 3.4EE?

Courseyauto
August 21st 04, 01:03 PM
s anyone using an intel Pentium 4 Northwood, 3.4GHz on a GA-8KNXP, rev 2.1?

BIOS support is my concern, does the FH BIOS support a 3.4C or a 3.4EE?

------------------------
Gigabyte web site bios support for 8KNXP 2.0,dont see a 2.1 listed

Version Date Description
FI 2004/8/4

Support Intel Celeron-D CPU

FH 2004/3/5

Support frequency locked Prescott CPU for FMB1.5 design

FG 2003/12/25

Fixed using 3.06G HT CPU can't boot to floppy

FE 2003/11/18

Fixed memory PAT mode issue

FD 2003/11/6

Support intel Prescott and P4Extreme family CPU

Fixed CDROM can't boot issue

FB 2003/8/12

First Release

Richard Dower
August 21st 04, 01:18 PM
Thanks, but is there anyone out there actually using a GA-8KNXP with a 3.4EE
or 3.4C?

And if so, does your BIOS detect the CPU and is everything working ok?

"Courseyauto" > wrote in message
>s anyone using an intel Pentium 4 Northwood, 3.4GHz on a GA-8KNXP, rev 2.1?
>
> BIOS support is my concern, does the FH BIOS support a 3.4C or a 3.4EE?

> ------------------------
> Gigabyte web site bios support for 8KNXP 2.0,dont see a 2.1 listed
>
> Version Date Description
> FI 2004/8/4
>
> Support Intel Celeron-D CPU
>

> FH 2004/3/5
>
> Support frequency locked Prescott CPU for FMB1.5 design
>

> FG 2003/12/25
>
> Fixed using 3.06G HT CPU can't boot to floppy
>

> FE 2003/11/18
>
> Fixed memory PAT mode issue
>

> FD 2003/11/6
>
> Support intel Prescott and P4Extreme family CPU
>
> Fixed CDROM can't boot issue
>

> FB 2003/8/12
>
> First Release

Lee Marsh
August 22nd 04, 01:48 PM
Richard Dower wrote:
> Thanks, but is there anyone out there actually using a GA-8KNXP with
> a 3.4EE or 3.4C?
>
> And if so, does your BIOS detect the CPU and is everything working
> ok?
>
> "Courseyauto" > wrote in message
>> s anyone using an intel Pentium 4 Northwood, 3.4GHz on a GA-8KNXP,
>> rev 2.1? BIOS support is my concern, does the FH BIOS support a 3.4C or a
>> 3.4EE? --------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> ------------------------
>> Gigabyte web site bios support for 8KNXP 2.0,dont see a 2.1 listed
>>
>> Version Date Description
>> FI 2004/8/4
>>
>> Support Intel Celeron-D CPU
>>

>> FH 2004/3/5
>>
>> Support frequency locked Prescott CPU for FMB1.5 design
>>

>> FG 2003/12/25
>>
>> Fixed using 3.06G HT CPU can't boot to floppy
>>

>> FE 2003/11/18
>>
>> Fixed memory PAT mode issue
>>

>> FD 2003/11/6
>>
>> Support intel Prescott and P4Extreme family CPU
>>
>> Fixed CDROM can't boot issue
>>

>> FB 2003/8/12
>>
>> First Release

Yes I am! I'm using a 3.4C with a GA-8KNXP Rev 2.0! Works fine!

Cheers,

Lee.

Richard Dower
August 22nd 04, 05:55 PM
"Lee Marsh" > wrote in message

> Yes I am! I'm using a 3.4C with a GA-8KNXP Rev 2.0! Works fine!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Lee.

Thanks Lee, thats all i needed to hear!

Rodney Hoyt
August 24th 04, 08:13 PM
Yes it does support the Pentium 3.4. Here is a link to supported CPUs.
http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/CPUSupportList/CPUSupportList_GA-8KNXP%20(Rev%202.0).htm
"Richard Dower" > wrote in message
> Is anyone using an intel Pentium 4 Northwood, 3.4GHz on a GA-8KNXP, rev
2.1?

> BIOS support is my concern, does the FH BIOS support a 3.4C or a 3.4EE?

Richard Dower
August 25th 04, 07:24 AM
"Rodney Hoyt" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s02...
> Yes it does support the Pentium 3.4. Here is a link to supported CPUs.
> http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/CPUSupportList/CPUSupportList_GA-8KNXP%20(Rev%202.0).htm

That is the 3.4 Prescott, it says nothing about support for a 3.4 Northwood
or 3.4 Extreme Edition.

Stephen D. Ord
August 25th 04, 12:48 PM
I've been using a 3.4 Northwood for some months now, with no problems at
all.

Steve Ord