PDA

View Full Version : Geforce3 Ti200 monitor blinking!

Nick
August 19th 04, 11:31 PM
I have been having a continuous problem with my monitor blinking (blank
screen) sporadically. This blinking happens anywhere from a few to 10
times a minute, but only when the computer is working. At idle this
blanking doesn't occur. This always happens during first boot, but if I
re-boot then the problem doesn't occur.

This happens under WinXP SP1,WinXP SP2 and Microsoft's and Nvidia's drivers.

Any Ideas what could be causing this problem?

Any information is greatly appreciated!
Nick

DaveW
August 20th 04, 12:23 AM
Which driver version are you using?

--
DaveW

"Nick" > wrote in message
> I have been having a continuous problem with my monitor blinking (blank
> screen) sporadically. This blinking happens anywhere from a few to 10
> times a minute, but only when the computer is working. At idle this
> blanking doesn't occur. This always happens during first boot, but if I
> re-boot then the problem doesn't occur.
>
> This happens under WinXP SP1,WinXP SP2 and Microsoft's and Nvidia's
drivers.

> Any Ideas what could be causing this problem?
>
> Any information is greatly appreciated!
> Nick

deimos
August 20th 04, 03:48 AM
Nick wrote:
> I have been having a continuous problem with my monitor blinking (blank
> screen) sporadically. This blinking happens anywhere from a few to 10
> times a minute, but only when the computer is working. At idle this
> blanking doesn't occur. This always happens during first boot, but if I
> re-boot then the problem doesn't occur.
>
> This happens under WinXP SP1,WinXP SP2 and Microsoft's and Nvidia's
> drivers.
>

> Any Ideas what could be causing this problem?
>
> Any information is greatly appreciated!
> Nick

How often do you degauss your monitor? It seems as though you might
have a monitor without the option or it's getting old. Everytime you
turn on your monitor or reboot, a good monitor should automatically
degauss itself. Flickering and wavy lines are symptoms of a screen
that's become over-magnitized.

Mac Cool
August 20th 04, 06:49 AM
Nick > said:

> I have been having a continuous problem with my monitor blinking (blank
> screen) sporadically.

I had that problem on my old system and never fixed it.

I just replaced my hard drive and the new drive is bad, the blinking
problem has now started on this system. I'm hoping that when I replace the
bad hard drive the problem will go away.

--
Mac Cool

Nick
August 20th 04, 11:05 PM
The monitor is a 19" Samsung SyncMaster 955DF which is only about 1 year
old that degauses each time it comes on. The Nvida driver is 5.2.1.6
and the Geforce3 card has bios 5.2.1.6

I had a previous Nvida driver not sure which version but it did the same
sporadic blinking which can be cured with a second reboot. Afterwhich
eveything is fine.