PDA

View Full Version : CompUSA PNY 6800GT for $399 including Doom 3

John Lewis
August 15th 04, 10:34 PM
This might be a good deal except for the dread word "PNY"

Better also buy the CompUSA "no--questions-asked" replacement
warranty if you go for this deal. Do not expect any sympathy from
our Chinese friends at PNY.

John Lewis

Jeff B
August 16th 04, 03:25 AM
John Lewis wrote:
> This might be a good deal except for the dread word "PNY"

It would be an even better deal if Compusa actually had any to sell,
which they don't.

Jeff B

ccs
August 16th 04, 03:29 AM
"Jeff B" > wrote in message
news:oWUTc.264631$%[email protected]_s01...

> John Lewis wrote:
>> This might be a good deal except for the dread word "PNY"
>
> It would be an even better deal if Compusa actually had any to sell,
> which they don't.
>
> Jeff B

Is that why there were 20 on the shelf at my local CompUSA?

Tom
August 16th 04, 03:41 AM
I just checked online and they have them for sale there.

"ccs" > wrote in message news:[email protected]

> "Jeff B" > wrote in message
> news:oWUTc.264631$%[email protected]_s01...
>>

>> John Lewis wrote:
>>> This might be a good deal except for the dread word "PNY"
>>
>> It would be an even better deal if Compusa actually had any to sell,
>> which they don't.
>>
>> Jeff B
>>

> Is that why there were 20 on the shelf at my local CompUSA?

Jeff B
August 16th 04, 05:14 AM
ccs wrote:
> "Jeff B" > wrote in message
> news:oWUTc.264631$%[email protected]_s01...
>

>>John Lewis wrote:
>>
>>>This might be a good deal except for the dread word "PNY"
>>
>>It would be an even better deal if Compusa actually had any to sell,
>>which they don't.
>>
>>Jeff B
>>

> Is that why there were 20 on the shelf at my local CompUSA?

LOL! Yeah, I just checked my local store....109 in the display case...
and for only $37.00 each...honest, not makig this up.

Jeff B
August 16th 04, 05:16 AM
Tom wrote:

> I just checked online and they have them for sale there.

I've been checking all day, and all day they have *no*
6800GTs/6800u to sell.

Jeff B

Nada
August 16th 04, 01:23 PM
(John Lewis) wrote:
> This might be a good deal except for the dread word "PNY"
>
> Better also buy the CompUSA "no--questions-asked" replacement
> warranty if you go for this deal. Do not expect any sympathy from
> our Chinese friends at PNY.
>
> John Lewis

Do I have to download the card through Steam?

John Lewis
August 16th 04, 06:12 PM
On 16 Aug 2004 05:23:19 -0700, (Nada) wrote:

(John Lewis) wrote:
>> This might be a good deal except for the dread word "PNY"
>>
>> Better also buy the CompUSA "no--questions-asked" replacement
>> warranty if you go for this deal. Do not expect any sympathy from
>> our Chinese friends at PNY.
>>
>> John Lewis
>
>Do I have to download the card through Steam?

Maybe you could if Gabe blew enough super-heated Steam
over it. Might be a little difficult to decrypt correctly it later.

John Lewis

John Lewis
August 16th 04, 07:05 PM
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 04:14:51 GMT, Jeff B > wrote:

>ccs wrote:
>> "Jeff B" > wrote in message
>> news:oWUTc.264631$%[email protected]_s01...

>>>It would be an even better deal if Compusa actually had any to sell,
>>>which they don't.
>>>
>>>Jeff B
>>>

>> Is that why there were 20 on the shelf at my local CompUSA?
>
>LOL! Yeah, I just checked my local store....109 in the display case...
>and for only $37.00 each...honest, not makig this up.

I suggest that you run to your bank, borrow the money,
buy the complete stock and sell it on Ebay. Honest, no
making this up either.

John Lewis

ELVIS2000
August 17th 04, 03:35 AM
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 04:14:51 GMT, Jeff B > wrote:

>LOL! Yeah, I just checked my local store....109 in the display case...
>and for only $37.00 each...honest, not makig this up.

I'd have bought all 109 and put them up on ebay.

BRanger
August 17th 04, 04:20 AM
"Nada" > wrote in message

> Do I have to download the card through Steam?

Nooooo, you're thinking of the ATI X800XT PE.