PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia GE Force4 MX420 and Proshow Gold

Geoffrey Pocock
August 14th 04, 03:50 PM
Hello

I have a GeForce4 MX420 on an XP system. I had to install the most recent
drivers (July 2004 version 6.1.77) to get Nero 6 CD/DVD burner to work but I
still cannot get ProShow to run properly. When I try to burn a DVD it closes
within seconds. If I start in safe mode - on the second monitor, it all runs

Any ideas

--
Yours

Geoffrey Pocock

To reply please remove NOSPAM

DaveW
August 15th 04, 12:30 AM
That card is NOT stable with the newer FX series drivers. You need to
revert to the older 45.23 driver for stability with that older card.

--
DaveW

"Geoffrey Pocock" > wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I have a GeForce4 MX420 on an XP system. I had to install the most recent
> drivers (July 2004 version 6.1.77) to get Nero 6 CD/DVD burner to work but
> still cannot get ProShow to run properly. When I try to burn a DVD it
closes
> within seconds. If I start in safe mode - on the second monitor, it all
runs

> Any ideas
>

> --
> Yours
>
> Geoffrey Pocock
>
> To reply please remove NOSPAM

Geoffrey Pocock
August 15th 04, 10:13 AM
Thank you for that. I have reverted to 45.23 and Nero works OK but I still
cannot get the Photodex ProShow to burn DVDs. I have contacted their
technical support but so far no response. If I find a solution, I will let
you know.

Yours

Geoffrey Pocock

news:[email protected]_s52...