PDA

View Full Version : Choosing Video card

BW
August 13th 04, 09:25 PM
I am shopping for a video card that can play good video games, watch TV
(either hook up with a TV or watch it on the monitor) and have the option of
running 2 monitor at the same time.... and not have to spend too much money
on it...

Any suggestions?
Is this too much to ask for?

Thanks a million for all your help in advance

Doug Ramage
August 15th 04, 11:36 AM
"BW" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I am shopping for a video card that can play good video games, watch TV
> (either hook up with a TV or watch it on the monitor) and have the option
of
> running 2 monitor at the same time.... and not have to spend too much
money
> on it...
>
> Any suggestions?
> Is this too much to ask for?
>
> Thanks a million for all your help in advance

I think you would be better off with an ATI or Nvidia card.

Don't get me wrong, I think Matrox cards are excellent for 2D (I use a G550
and P650 myself), but they are not so hot at games.

Doug Ramage