PDA

View Full Version : FX5200 and PcChips board

Des
August 10th 04, 11:20 PM
I have just assembled a new PC and used a PcChips M848ALU board and an
nVidia GeForce FX5200 128Mb DDR
And it keeps crashing on start up every time I put the cards drivers in.
A very fast sign comes and goes which I have finally seen and it says
''input signal is out of Range'' and ''please change signal timer''
Help please
des

---

Bill Crocker
August 11th 04, 12:07 AM
It sounds like the scan frequency for your monitor, is set too high.
Possibly you have a LCD panel? If so, boot into Safe Mode, go into your
video card properties, and set the scan rate to 60Hz. Re-boot.

Bill Crocker

"Des" > wrote in message
>I have just assembled a new PC and used a PcChips M848ALU board and an
> nVidia GeForce FX5200 128Mb DDR
> And it keeps crashing on start up every time I put the cards drivers in.
> A very fast sign comes and goes which I have finally seen and it says
> ''input signal is out of Range'' and ''please change signal timer''
> Help please
> des
>

> ---

Sleepy
August 11th 04, 10:49 PM
I just rebuilt my system with a M848A from Ebuyer
and it was locking up in games. Ive downloaded a newer
AGP driver than the one on the disc and dropped the AGP speed from 8x to 4x
and its seems better. Not the most stable board Ive used and my first
experience with SiS chipsets.