PDA

View Full Version : OT... any UK gamers prolly heard about....

Granulated
August 10th 04, 04:31 PM
The 17 old bloke who stabbed a 14 year old to death... the initial media storm
reported that the perp was obsessed with "Manhunt"...and this lead to a few
major stores removing it from their shelves....

Well...turns out....
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/08/04/manhunt_murder_claim/

"The copy of the computer game Manhunt that was discovered during the
investigation into the murder of a 14-year-old boy was not the possession of the
killer but the victim, it has emerged.

UK retailers Dixons and Game both pulled the title from their stores' shelves
last week after the parents of the murdered boy, Stefan Pakeerah, alleged that
his murderer, Warren LeBlanc, 17, was "obsessed" by the grisly game and that it
had inspired has murderous actions.

The victims father dubbed Manhunt "a manual for murder".

It was widely reported by the mainstream press, online and TV media that the
game had been found in LeBlanc's bedroom.

However, today it emerged that Leicestershire police found the game in
Pakeerah's room, not LeBlanc's, GamesIndustry.biz reports.

"The video game was not found in Warren LeBlanc's room, it was found in Stefan
Pakeerah's room," a police spokesperson said today. "Leicestershire Constabulary
stands by its response that police investigations did not uncover any
connections to the video game, the motive for the incident was robbery."

Police believe LeBlanc murdered Pakeerah, whom he knew, to obtain money to pay
back a drug-related debt.

LeBlanc's assumed possession of Manhunt raised the questions as to how a
17-year-old was able to get hold of the game. The game carries an 18
certificate, so it is illegal to sell it to anyone under that age. Now it has
emerged that the game was owned by the 14-year-old Pakeerah, that question has
not gone away. "

so..in conclusion..WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK?????!!!!
--

) ___ ______
(__/_____) /) (, / )

GLYTCH \(A.K.A. PYRO-Maniak\)
August 10th 04, 05:40 PM
Granulated wrote:

<SNIP>

> so..in conclusion..WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK?????!!!!

Exactly. Thats the press for you, quick to jump on the bandwagon, slow to
report the facts.

Matt

Jethro[AGHL]
August 10th 04, 06:13 PM
Granulated wrote:

> so..in conclusion..WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK?????!!!!

So having the game doesn't make you a killer.. it gets you killed.
Ok that's even worse. :-)

--
Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
Reply Email: jeff (at) tibben (dot) ca

FSAA
August 10th 04, 07:27 PM
"Granulated" > wrote in message
<snip>
> Well...turns out....
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/08/04/manhunt_murder_claim/

I feel sorry for the parent who lost their kid, but come on, it is a lame
excuse for not looking after your kid properly and put the blame randomly on
somebody else, they must be stupid.