PDA

View Full Version : Max temp for a oc'd geforce 5900

arias
August 9th 04, 02:43 AM
I just recently got this and was reading how some people are able to oc this
to 5950ultra speeds. I have already oc'd it that speed and havent had any
problems but I only ran it for about a 1/2 hour. Temps on the card got to
about 58degrees celcius. So I was wondering if thats good. Or will I need
more cooling. My cpu temp usually is about 40-45degrees C .

Nada
August 9th 04, 10:41 AM
"arias" > wrote:
> I just recently got this and was reading how some people are able to oc this
> to 5950ultra speeds. I have already oc'd it that speed and havent had any
> problems but I only ran it for about a 1/2 hour. Temps on the card got to
> about 58degrees celcius. So I was wondering if thats good. Or will I need
> more cooling. My cpu temp usually is about 40-45degrees C .

That sounds normal. I wouldn't worry about it until it reaches over
70 Celsius while gaming. If you play "Doom 3" or "Far Cry" and keep
the temp monitor utility in the back and quickly flash back to the
desktop (I don't know if alt-tab works?) while you're playing, it
might reach even over 60 Celsius, but you have to be fast to look at
the temperature.